PDA

View Full Version : FLi speakers recommendations?

martin_y
24-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi all
Whats the general consensus on kit from FLI?

Was testing speakers in Halfords yesterday, and in 17cm, these sounded the best to me.

Wobble
24-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi all
Whats the general consensus on kit from FLI?

Was testing speakers in Halfords yesterday, and in 17cm, these sounded the best to me.

done my fronts and rears with fli ,also a 12" active sub sounds ,
good for the price they are.

oh apart from the fact that 1 didnt work when i put it in apart from that then yeah not bad sound that can handle a bit of volume.
done the lot for £120 aswell.
did right a thread about them a few months ago

martin_y
24-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks!

steelie600
24-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Ive got fli's in my doors, they do distort a touch when extremely loud but upto 7/8ths on a 50w rms per channel head unit they sound nice and clear, good bass, treble sounds a touch off but i upgraded the ones by the mirrors and that cured it!!

Turbo_Steve
24-04-2010, 11:16 AM
That's your headunit distorting, not the speakers.

And FLI is okay - it's the "Ford Fiesta" of the car-audio world.

martin_y
24-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks Steve, I could spend more and get better, of course, but I am on a (bad) budget

Turbo_Steve
24-04-2010, 09:29 PM
The trick is, usually, to start with the best source you can, and spend a little less on each stage....so the most awesome of headunits, some decent amplification, and then FLI speakers are likely to give you decent enough results.

Be wary of running stuff directly off the headunit - they don't output anywhere near the quoted output power (as it looks like Steelie has discovered) and hard clipping will actually do quite a lot of damage, especially at frequencies outside those the cone is designed for.