PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic drivers

Humpty's Revenge
24-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Here`s a good topic for one and all.Driving pet hate`s

Where I live we have a lot of OAP`S, now most of them are good drivers but a few are a driving nightmare!

So here`s my :ranton:

My pet hate`s are in no particular order:-

Other drivers who constantly drive on your arse. (Tailgating)/duh

When you give way to an oncoming vehicle and they don`t say thanks!:furious4:

Drivers who blame you for something they have done like taking a bend to wide and nearly taking you out and all your doing is driving normally./wall

Bus drivers that think they own the road (NO YOU DON`T):rifle: :rifle:

Drivers that drive slowly and a huge Que builds up behind them, pull over and let cars go by./Grrr

Drivers that brake at every little thing in front of them.:zzz:

People that don`t do the speed limit (IE 25mph in a 60mph):evil3:

People that park in the most stupid of places so you struggle to get past or not at all.:lipseal

There are probably others but that will do for a start.

Whats your pet hate`s?

crazyken76
24-04-2010, 11:14 AM
people parking to close to the back end of me so i cant get be babys pram in that really gets me mad

rayray24
24-04-2010, 11:36 AM
People going slow in traffic and letting others in from the slow lane (lane hopping) just pick you lane as deal with it

Nick Mann
24-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Rear foglights at any speed over about 30mph. If visibility is so bad, you shouldn't be doing 80 mph down the motorway. If you are, TURN THEM OFF!

People who brake, then indicate. Too late, feckwit! I have worked out you are going to manouver BECAUSE YOU ALREADY STARTED TO! I thought Mirror SIGNAL manouver was quite a basic concept.

SGHOM
24-04-2010, 11:43 AM
1) bus drivers
2) bus drivers
3) bus drivers

Humpty's Revenge
24-04-2010, 11:44 AM
1) bus drivers
2) bus drivers
3) bus drivers

/haz

Humpty's Revenge
24-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Rear foglights at any speed over about 30mph. If visibility is so bad, you shouldn't be doing 80 mph down the motorway. If you are, TURN THEM OFF!

People who brake, then indicate. Too late, feckwit! I have worked out you are going to manouver BECAUSE YOU ALREADY STARTED TO! I thought Mirror SIGNAL manouver was quite a basic concept.

:iagree: Totally

aboo
24-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Sitting waiting to get out of an opening & the car your waiting to pass so you can get out sticks on the indicator at the last minute to turn in.

People that dont indicate a tall.

VR4Kaos
24-04-2010, 12:01 PM
People who
let the whole world pass / go when you are waitin like a effin' plumb

Johnny_Cashed
24-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Lorries overtaking each other on the motorway - other people have places to get to as well you know.

chugg
24-04-2010, 02:41 PM
People who indicate when going straight over at a roungabout, or indicate when going round a sharp bend

Atik
24-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Been said before but people who cut lanes on roundabouts then look at you as if you were the guilty party.

Also people that under-take. Especially the type that undertake as you come off two or more lane roundabouts, if you are in the 'fast' lane they go in the 'slow' lane and get to speed quickly.

And the people that hog the middle lane. 70mph is fine on the motorway but not stuck fast to the middle lane!

And lastly, Chavs in their chav-mobiles with the 1.1 8V engine with 65bhp and quad exhausts with massive 15" rims :D

steelie600
24-04-2010, 02:46 PM
fast lane hoggers doing 70mph!!!!! AND NOT FECKING OVERTAKING OWT!!!!!

RobboVR4
24-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Drivers who do 40mph in a 60 zone then when you come to a 20 or 30mph zone still keep doing 40mph. FFS u drive slowly in an area were theres no people but as soon as you get into a built up area you decide to speed. Morons :furious4:

Rubber neckers, the accidents none of ur f***in business so move on.

Drivers who have there fog lights on when there is no fog about. Why???

Drivers who dont thank you for giving them right of way. Manners dont cost anything.

Pastor of Muppets
24-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Bus drivers that think they own the road (NO YOU DON`T):rifle: :rifle:

what do you mean we dont own the road i thought we did im pretty sure theres something in the highway code that says we do!!
and it definately says in the highway code to let busses pull out and not to over take when they're half way through pulling out so they have to stop then build revs all over again

but the one for me the thing that really gets my goat more than anything else is disabled drivers parking on double yellow lines; yes i know they are allowed to (god knows why) but why cant they park considerately in the town where i drive my buss day in day out there is a section in twon that has disabled cars parked on double yellow lines on bot sides of the road turning the highstreet into a single track road! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

paulg23
24-04-2010, 04:11 PM
90% of drivers on the road... only 10% of us have any idea of how to drive properly!!!!!!!!!!!

BillHardy
24-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Surely all other drivers but us club members are bad drivers

miller
24-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Drivers who have there fog lights on when there is no fog about. Why???

My pet hate :iagree:

lancerevo3
24-04-2010, 07:34 PM
people who stop at the end of a slip road with indicator on waiting for a gap in traffic on dual carriage way{motorway}.

aboo
24-04-2010, 07:40 PM
what do you mean we dont own the road i thought we did im pretty sure theres something in the highway code that says we do!!
and it definately says in the highway code to let busses pull out and not to over take when they're half way through pulling out so they have to stop then build revs all over again

but the one for me the thing that really gets my goat more than anything else is disabled drivers parking on double yellow lines; yes i know they are allowed to (god knows why) but why cant they park considerately in the town where i drive my buss day in day out there is a section in twon that has disabled cars parked on double yellow lines on bot sides of the road turning the highstreet into a single track road! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrThere is a rule in the highway code that buses have right of way.

If they have there indicater on when pulling away from a bus stop you'r suppost to let them out.

Nick Mann
24-04-2010, 07:55 PM
And the people that hog the middle lane.

Has anyone else noticed the new middle lane driver? The middle lane thing is obviously unchanged, but I have seen a few recently who drive with their right foot planted, then brake as they catch something up. As soon as it moves over they plant their right foot again.

Doing a constant speed up the M40 a few days back, one Vectra driving as described above passed me (I was in the left lane at the time) at around 100mph. A few miles later on I passed it again wilst it was "stuck" behind a 70 mph driver. A few miles after it came past me again like a bat out of hell. This continued for half an hour or so! Very random....

Roadrunner
24-04-2010, 08:20 PM
There is a rule in the highway code that buses have right of way.

If they have there indicater on when pulling away from a bus stop you'r suppost to let them out.

The rule states:

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

However, bus drivers should note that there are other rules too ...

Before moving off you should
• use all mirrors to check the road is clear
• look round to check the blind spots (the areas you are unable to see in the mirrors)
• signal if necessary before moving out
• look round for a final check

Move off only when it is safe to do so.

I'm happy to let buses out, but I do get seriously pi$$ed off when bus drivers accelerate away from the bus stop when I'm already alongside them. That's just dangerous!

VR4Kaos
24-04-2010, 08:26 PM
lorry's taking over on "A" roads grrrrrrr i could quite easly poke that hgv driver right in the eye

Turbo_Steve
24-04-2010, 08:27 PM
On the foglight thing - I tend to put mine on, doing around 50mph on the motorway if it's heavy rain / fog. As I see headlights approaching behind me, I'll switch it off - but as I am travelling slowly and visibility is poor, I take the view that I'd rather irritate someone a bit than have a massive rear end shunt by someone who DIDN'T realise that 4 car lengths of visibility means you need to slow down.

You're not going to like this either: I undertake. I shouldn't. I know I shouldn't. But I've sat in lane one on the A38 and played "how many cars will I pass before I have to change my speed or lane". The record so far is 45. Yes. 45 cars.

jasone
24-04-2010, 08:59 PM
people parking to close to the back end of me so i cant get be babys pram in that really gets me mad

Thats So true and to add those that park in Disabled or Parent/Toddler bains when they qualify for neither or they then sit in their car whilst their partner goes shopping!!!

Oh and people who barge past in car parks whilst im trying to get my baby and his car seat into a car but of course the idiot alongside me is straddling the bays...oh and thats...anyway... i HATE car parks!!

oldgit9
24-04-2010, 09:12 PM
My biggest pet hate are middle lane drivers. They sit in the middle lane for miles on end with nothing in the slow lane. But with a load of traffic behind them trying to get passed them. What I do if the slow lane is empty, as I drive allong side them, I indicate to pull over. When I pass them, I sharply pull over to the slow lane. Some drivers take the hint but some are so thick, they stay in the middle lane.

I read somewhere, that the cause of a lot of tail backs, are a direct cause of middle lane drivers. There should be a law against long distance middle lane driving.

martin_y
24-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Tw4ts who dont signal when turning left at the roundabout. I'm sat there waiting, and I could have gone, if I'd know you were turning, f*ckwit!

Micras doing 45 in a 60 zone.
But then you get another tw4t who drives behind them, who wont oertake, and who wont leave space between themselves and the numpty in front doing 45. So now I have to overtake 2 cars, and they're probably saying "look at that idiot, overtaking 2 cars!"

By the way, who are the people who do this -
refuse to do more than 45 on the on ramp to a motorway, and now I'm stuck behind them. Once on the Motorway, I get past them, and get to my cruising speed of 70. Then 2 miles later the same muppet comes past doing 90 ??????

martin_y
24-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, nearly all parks are sh1te!

RobboVR4
24-04-2010, 11:49 PM
By the way, who are the people who do this -
refuse to do more than 45 on the on ramp to a motorway, and now I'm stuck behind them. Once on the Motorway, I get past them, and get to my cruising speed of 70. Then 2 miles later the same muppet comes past doing 90 ??????

Oh i forgot to mention that one cheers Martin, slip road slugs i call them. Then finally there brain kicks in a few minutes later when they eventually find the accelerator.

Also Lorries overtaking each other, why is it they side by side for soooo long i mean what you doing swapping phone numbers??

Bksabath
25-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Oaps doing less than speed limit.

Oaps slower than lorries so lories overtake.

Whait a bit no one mentioned caravans ?

Oaps driving slower than caravans so caravans have to over take.

The deffinite top one the old git on the M53 in A volvo that vas doing 58 MPH stradling the mid line just before the bend at the Vauxal juntion and put on the hazzard lights as al I was realy doing is 75.

Dont get me wrong You only notice the bad OAP same are ok but same shuld take a driving test al over again.

Pastor of Muppets
25-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Also Lorries overtaking each other, why is it they side by side for soooo long i mean what you doing swapping phone numbers??

again at the risk of being the most hated man on here as both a bus and lorry driver the reason we over take is because one truck is faster than the other the problem is that due to road speed limiters set to 90km/h with a tolerance of one or two clicks either side so it is possible that one truck will have a top speed 4km/h more than the one its over taqking this may not souns like alot but on a hill its the difference between cruising up a hill and loosing your revs and having to drop all the way down through the box and climbing a hill in the crawler gear at about 10km/h.
on the flat we just do it to swap phone numbers and irritate car drivers!!

Wobble
25-04-2010, 11:32 AM

i thought that happened./boxing

Johnny_Cashed
25-04-2010, 11:59 AM
again at the risk of being the most hated man on here as both a bus and lorry driver the reason we over take is because one truck is faster than the other the problem is that due to road speed limiters set to 90km/h with a tolerance of one or two clicks either side so it is possible that one truck will have a top speed 4km/h more than the one its over taqking this may not souns like alot but on a hill its the difference between cruising up a hill and loosing your revs and having to drop all the way down through the box and climbing a hill in the crawler gear at about 10km/h.

I still don't understand why it is safe to pull into the middle lane doing 56mph or whatever the limiter is set to. When I took my driving test the instructor told me that if you pull out and cause a driver to slow down or change their direction it's an instant fail. Why is it ok to pull into a lane where most people are doing a minimum of 70mph when you're only doing 56? You're causing other people to slow down and modify their behaviour.

Humpty's Revenge
25-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Well guys, you have come up with some real crackers and I tend to agree with everyone that has a grief with allsorts of vehicles!

As for bus drivers, sorry but the few give all a bad name.

My reason is you are driving along minding your business with "NO" parked cars on your side what so ever and Mr bus driver is coming the other way "WITH" parked cars clearly on his side but he then chooses to pull out round them and guess what?
Neither of us can go anywhere.:rolleyes3

Now I`m sorry but what a c0ck!!!:quasi:

What does he expect by doing that?

So I`ve just turned my engine off showed the tw@t my keys and phoned the police.

I don`t mean to slate bus drivers but have some, sorry have loads of common sense and use your brains because you really make yourselves look like a right c0ck when you do things like that!/duh

SGHOM
25-04-2010, 02:08 PM
You're not going to like this either: I undertake. I shouldn't. I know I shouldn't. But I've sat in lane one on the A38 and played "how many cars will I pass before I have to change my speed or lane". The record so far is 45. Yes. 45 cars.

erm....? Since when have you not been allowed to undertake? /Hmmm

Roadrunner
25-04-2010, 02:47 PM
erm....? Since when have you not been allowed to undertake? /Hmmm

I think this rule says you may do so, as long as you don't call it overtaking ;) :)

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

swinks
25-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned:

Lorry drivers overtaking each other on a dual carriageway with 0.5mph difference. :ranton:
Or... overtaking without checking mirrors (based on rule "the bigger wins").

SGHOM
25-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I think this rule says you may do so, as long as you don't call it overtaking ;) :)

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

correct!

There are no slow or fast lanes, only overtaking lanes.
If the 'reps' in the outside lanes decide to tailgate each other @ 55 mph, you are perfectly within the law to undertake them @ 70 mph :D

Scanny
25-04-2010, 03:16 PM
as a trucker:

people who dont indicate
misuse of fog lights (they blind oncoming traffic or following traffic)
people who dont put their lights on in adverse weather conditions (lights are to enable other road users to see your vehicle as well as lighting the road in front of you)
people who dont return to the inside lane (like the one last night. I AM NOT ALLOWED TU USE THE OUTSIDE LANE IN A TRUCK!)
car drivers who drive at 50 on the motorway causing us to overtake which causes and inconvenience to car drivers
car drivers who drive at 50 ISH on the motorway which means we cant overtake because they cant maintain a constant speed
people who dont know how to use a roundabout
people who park in loading bays or double yellow lines etc
people who park in the middle of a small layby
people who drive at ridiculously slow speeds for no reason meaning people behind are cursing the big smelly truck for holding them up
driving instructors!!!!

as a car driver:
most of the above plus people who get in my way. 95% of my car use is commuting and i work long hours (76 this week) so i would like to get to work or get to bed before going back to work. MOVE IT!

Scanny
25-04-2010, 03:21 PM
My biggest pet hate are middle lane drivers. They sit in the middle lane for miles on end with nothing in the slow lane. But with a load of traffic behind them trying to get passed them. What I do if the slow lane is empty, as I drive allong side them, I indicate to pull over. When I pass them, I sharply pull over to the slow lane. Some drivers take the hint but some are so thick, they stay in the middle lane.

I read somewhere, that the cause of a lot of tail backs, are a direct cause of middle lane drivers. There should be a law against long distance middle lane driving.
its called driving without due care and attention and the boys in blue dont like them any more than we do. they are well aware that these morons are causing congestion

Atik
25-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I have thought of getting an LED scrolling display fitted to the inside of the rear windshield so I can use it to tell idiot drivers that they are being idiot.

"GET BACK INTO THE 1ST LANE..... TW@"
"REALLY? FOG LIGHTS IN THIS WEATHER?"
"YES, I HAVE TWIN EXHAUSTS, NOW BACK THE FCUK UP"

And the sign could just do the Knight Rider lights when in standby mode :D

To add to the list, as mentioned, the slip road slugs. I joined onto the M6 today from the A38M and the on ramp speed indicated was 28mph! Stupid bint in a brand new white Golf or something!

And the idiots that brake just before a speed camera... EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE GOING UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT. Been through this many times over the last few weeks. People slowing from about 37-38mph down to 30mph in a 40mph zone. Madness!

The Vee
25-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Following on from that, have you noticed the ones that slow down for every camera in an AVERAGE speed area /pan

martin_y
25-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Now most of the time the right hand lane is actually slightly faster... and most people move over if there's space.

But why dont people move over if theres roadworks?????

aboo
25-04-2010, 09:30 PM
When you going down the dueler at 70ish & the car in front is doing about 50.
There's a truck about a mile in front & they deside to pull out to the fast lane to pass the truck in front of you then take an age to pass the truck & hold you up to.

psbarham
25-04-2010, 09:36 PM
w@nker brain dead bus drivers who still pull out when your half way past :shout:

W@nker brain dead drivers who don't slow down when they see people working in the road, trust me if you've ever done it you'd shut the throttle as soon as you see the beacons.

W@nker brain dead drivers who do 40 in a 60, and then upon entering a 30 still do 40, your not in credit because you went slowly, now slow the f*ck down.

W@nker brain dead idiots who still use a mobile whilst driving, lorry drivers and foreigners are by far and away the worst offenders.

W@nker brain dead idiots who think front fog lights are for everyday use.

Oh and one more, The little brain dead *****r i see every morning in a saxo who think i will move out of his way in a 5 tonne sprinter. does the little moron really think that i give a feck if a tin can hits the van? its not mine and its a damn sight stronger than his french sh!t box /pan

rant over

RobboVR4
25-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Today this to$$er in a ford focus pulled out of a T junction then looked at me like i should of given him right of way to pull out on to the main road.

Oh and people who nearly run into you as their on a mobile phone.

Did i mention rubber neckers? why do insist on being such nosey tW@ts u end in holding up traffic in the northbound cos ur too busy looking at an accident in the southbound.

The Vee
25-04-2010, 10:41 PM
w@nker brain dead bus drivers who still pull out when your half way past :shout:

+

Oh and one more, The little brain dead *****r i see every morning in a saxo who think i will move out of his way in a 5 tonne sprinter. does the little moron really think that i give a feck if a tin can hits the van? its not mine and its a damn sight stronger than his french sh!t box /pan

rant over

=

;) ;) :bump2: :whistle: /pan /Devil5 :P /STP /STP

Kieran
25-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Moaning Minnies, the lot of ya! :P :D

psbarham
26-04-2010, 07:13 AM
oh thought of one more, and its mostly applicable when i'm in the Van which is limited and gutless,

the tossers who think its perfectly acceptable to pull out right in front of you whilst your cruising at 52mph (flat out in this case) when there's nothing at all behind you and then sit at 45, and every time you try to overtake they accelerate. it happens more than you think, normally twice a day. /duh

oh and tossers who can't keep a constant speed. 30-55-42-27-70-50 (you get the picture) pay attention you tw@t your p!ssing everyone off

Ryan
26-04-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't like those drivers who have the annoying flashing red and blue lights on top of their cars. :furious4:

Humpty's Revenge
26-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't like those drivers who have the annoying flashing red and blue lights on top of their cars. :furious4:

:-policema /haz :-policema :iagree:

swinks
26-04-2010, 09:32 AM
And those F***kers in their Saxos, Fiestas, Corsas, 205's, Golfs etc. with buckets instead of zorst who think that I want to race with them from every traffic light.

miller
26-04-2010, 09:46 AM
White Van men flat out in the fast lane oblivious to all those behind him!

I dont care if you think your sprinter is fast, get the **** out of the fast lane.

Then when you do eventually pass them get the **** off my bumper, your never never never never ever ever ever going to stop as quick as me......so i then play the game of ''wanna try''? :vogel: :vogel:

Humpty's Revenge
26-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Idiots that park either across or partially over your drive way /nag /bat

Why???

Its not big and its not clever :vogel:

andydckent
26-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Micras doing 45 in a 60 zone.
But then you get another tw4t who drives behind them, who wont oertake, and who wont leave space between themselves and the numpty in front doing 45. So now I have to overtake 2 cars, and they're probably saying "look at that idiot, overtaking 2 cars!"

I had this a couple of weeks ago except this time it was 5 cars trailing behind some stupid bint. After 10 minutes of sitting thinking, someones going to overtake, surely someone... I took the wise decision to take them all on a long clear straight. Of course the bint at the front of the cue is shaking her head and pointing at it as if to say think. She should do some bloody thinking herself. :soaprant

miller
26-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Of course the bint at the front of the cue is shaking her head and pointing at it as if to say think. She should do some bloody thinking herself. :soaprant

ooooooooh thats getting my blood up even reading it!! The moment she shook her head at me I would have turned red and started ranting spitting white froth out of my mouth /haz /haz

Scanny
26-04-2010, 10:21 AM
When you going down the dueler at 70ish & the car in front is doing about 50.
There's a truck about a mile in front & they deside to pull out to the fast lane to pass the truck in front of you then take an age to pass the truck & hold you up to.
we dont like them either mate. the most dangerous place on the road is near a truck, not because of the driver, because of the nature of the vehicle.
our suspension is not designed to absorb the bumps like a car so it is very easy for us to be bounced off course, sometimes quite substantially and of course wind is a huge factor for us. there are a few times i have been blown out of the inside lane onto the hard shoulder or into lane 2. plus there is a risk of you being in one of many blind spots so the driver might not be able to see you at all. if you get stuck behind one of these idiots i suggest you do what i do which is hang back til they get out of the way then blast past. dont sit next to a truck for your own safety

i have another one for this thread which wont affect the majority here.

slip roads again but from a different perspective.
1. they come down faster and ahead of you then brake sharply because they are too stupid to realise that they are clear to join
2. they match your speed and expect you to move over. when you dont they panic and brake sharply
3. you move over to let them join and as a thanks they sit next to you leaving you out to dry
4. you get a line of cars on the slip road all expecting you to move over, which of course you cant due to being overtaken so the only course of action is to shut your eyes and hope for the best

Humpty's Revenge
26-04-2010, 10:39 AM
http://img709.imageshack.us/i/dsc00013tf.jpg/

Tw@ts that just drive of after hitting your car without leaving details :furious4:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Found this today, :censored: :censored:

I`ll tell you what, my pockets go down to the ground, so who ever hit I`ll pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll find you.........../bat

bradc
26-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Scanny, I do try and let trucks continue on their merry way on the motorway or whatever and try my hardest to not interfere, I do have a great amount of respect for them and understand how difficult it is.

However, in saying that, to the w4nker driving the milk truck two weekends ago, you sir deserve to rot in hell. Most of NZ has roads with one lane in either directin and very few passing lanes. So when there is a passing lane you obviously want to get past! We were going up the Kaimai hills out of Tauranga and I caught up to him on the 3rd to last passing lane on the way up the hills. He was behind another truck that wasn't going terribly quickly up the hills (a 900 metre climb from the coast)

He pulled out to pass the other truck and after 2.5km of passing lane, ran out of room and pulled back in behind the other truck. He wasted the entire passing lane away driving at 60kmh in a 100kmh zone!

I was obviously fuming, so you can imagine my anger when the motherfvcker did it again on the next passing lane. This time he got past only because the other truck driver braked and slowed down. But of course that left no room for me to get in front and not wanting to break the Turquiose VR-4 a week before I was going to sell it I pulled in and waited behind the now passed truck. At the next passing lane I flew past this truck and went on the hunt for this w4nker ahead. Which I could still see, he had only pulled about 500 metres in front of the truck he had spent the last 10km of road behind, most of which was gained due to the other truck slowing down so the milk tanker could pass.

Anyway, on the other side of the Kaimai's (which is much much steeper) there are a number of slow vehicle passing lanes. I had caught up to the truck very quickly and flicked my headlights on low so that he knew I was there so he would pull into the slow vehicle lanes. All of the lanes are 100-200m long so there is plenty of room to get past, and in the past every truck I've caught up to going down there has let me past.

This guy didn't move over at all. Now remember that at this point I had no flashed my lights, swerved around behind him or anything at all. He was being a selfish bastard of the highest order.

Just after the descent - which he did at an average of 40-50kmh, a VR-4 can go down there at an average of about 90kmh, there is a few long straights, where I passed him. He was doing 80-90, I did 105 past him.

You can guess what happens next, complete immaturity on my behalf.

I slowed down to 50kmh, and stayed at 50kmh with him behind me for all of 5 seconds before he hit the air horns, obviously in displeasure. Why he thought this was inexcusable when he had held me up for about 20km of road now I do not understand. As soon as he did that I put my foot on the brakes just enough to turn the brake lights on but not enough to actually slow the car down. I then maintained 50kmh for a bit longer. He then started to accelerate to pass me and as he was about to move out (but hadn't actually moved across yet) I floored it from 3rd gear and left him standing :D

I slowed back down and repeated this another 5 or 6 times the whole way to Matamata which was another 10km down the road, all of which is driveable at 100kmh in a truck but I made him drive the whole section of road at 50-60kmh :D

miller
26-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I slowed back down and repeated this another 5 or 6 times the whole way to Matamata which was another 10km down the road, all of which is driveable at 100kmh in a truck but I made him drive the whole section of road at 50-60kmh :D

Now if you were in an Auto you wouldnt have been so flustered and impatient, sit back and relax :chugchug:

bradc
26-04-2010, 11:32 AM
If I was in the work corolla (a 4 speed auto) I would have done the same thing.

Scanny
27-04-2010, 11:14 AM
we get bad drivers over here too Brad. we get these prats overtaking each other for miles on end at the frustration of everyone else which gives us all a bad image. i have been on a truckers forum complaining about ASDA drivers sitting at 40MPH on the motorway (speed limit 60 for trucks). i wont defend bad driving no matter whether its a car or truck mate

OnBoost!
09-02-2012, 05:17 AM
Plenty of assholes about today,had an idiot in a vr6 up my ass today,I get so pissed off when other drivers do that,I just wanna get out and knock em over,it's not so much getting too close,but more that those kind of drivers are really aggressive,and in a huge hurry!

Ryan
09-02-2012, 06:03 AM
Thread from the dead!

I think that all NZ's retard drivers and pedestrians seem to be concentrated in the Whangarei area. They just step off the pavement or the central divide into the road directly into one's path and then get all aggro when you're like "WTF???" Or they'll not indicate, nearly causing an accident or pull out in front of you into a non-existent gap.

Sometimes I pray on my hands and knees for NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST!*

*Anyone who is a Bill Hicks fan will know I mean

SEAN-NZ
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
when i got my vr4 in wellington, driving back to tauranga, going through the desert road, some slow person in an older holden barina or something similar, was driving very slow around the corners, getting down to 25k, when i wanted to take the same corner twice as fast, slow vehicle bay appears, they didnt use it, by this point i had had enough and used the lane (naughty me), but seriously, you have someone following you for the previous 5km and you dont think to get into the slow lane.

Humpty's Revenge
09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Not sure if this was someone going fast or just as the copper said "it is very slippy on the bend going down the hill?

Anyways I was just coming around the corner in the far distance traveling towards where the photo was taken when I was meet by a Focus on it's roof

I pulled over & asked if they needed assistance (someone else had pulled over before me)

So I just slowed the traffic down before the police arrived which was 10 minutes later, thank fully I don't think anyone was hurt or at least seriously just very shaken

But as I was slowing the traffic up you always get one cock! Yep you guessed it in a bmw. Never mind

funkstardelux
09-02-2012, 02:23 PM
i just had a woman come straight onto the round about while i was on it...thank god for abs and good brakes...unreal and then she just stares off as i swear and beep my horn dozy mare

Jesus-Ninja
09-02-2012, 03:57 PM
"Certain" cyclists - you know who your are.....

Cruiser
09-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Bad losers - when racing off the lights it ends once the speed limit is hit, im not getting a ticket jus bcos the other guy cant accept he lost.

People tailgating me on the phone or doing there make up ect ect - if you wanna sit close n share warmth atleast pay attention.

OAP's - cant say ive seen one decent OAP driver

The rediculous speed bump things that are really thin n high often in car parks (white lion to be specific for any dunstable residents).. completely unneccessary

Scanny
09-02-2012, 06:46 PM
i deal with these people all day every day

John TheAntique
09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Under 25's- can't say I've seen one decent under 25 driver.

Speed bumps are there for a reason. Under 25 drivers.

jjayokocha
09-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Nothing worse then going to work in the bad weather to run out the door at 5pm to find some dick has blocked you in!

Cruiser
09-02-2012, 08:11 PM

I cant help but think this is aimed at me lol :P
i agree.. most under 25 drivers feel they are driving indestructable formula 1 cars in most cases im no different
as for the speed bumps yes they should be there but the ones im talking about i have to roll upto them, stop completely when my tyres hit it n then roll over the top slowly or the bottom of my car smacks the bump.. unneccessary

OnBoost!
09-02-2012, 08:16 PM

I don't think age has anything to do with it,that *****r tailgating me in the golf yesterday was at least 60! and I had another young guy tailgating me while I was on the motorbike,I don't think he realised that if I have an accident,he will run straight over me.

Wobble
09-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I had another young guy tailgating me while I was on the motorbike.

that reminds me , motor cyclists . why do 50cc bikes feel they have to jump to the front of the traffic light queue and then hold every one up when they go green because they drive in the middle of the lane so you cant over take .

also motor cyclists , why do they have to under take my van in the blind spot when in traffic when im indiacting left.

did i mention motor cyclists in general?

ex-derv
09-02-2012, 09:14 PM
but the one for me the thing that really gets my goat more than anything else is disabled drivers parking on double yellow lines; yes i know they are allowed to (god knows why) but why cant they park considerately in the town where i drive my buss day in day out there is a section in twon that has disabled cars parked on double yellow lines on bot sides of the road turning the highstreet into a single track road! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

absolutely agree. Really don't get why them causing the rest of the world hassle and danger to other road users is ok by parking in obstructive places!!!

My big issue is people parking their mercs in the parent and child spaces because they're too fat to get out in a normal sized space and too lazy and arrogant to walk the extra 20 yards from where the free spaces are. One woman in the waitrose car park got out of said merc because I scowled at her and shrilled 'what's your problem?' at me after I'd had a particularly difficult day at work. I instantly replied with the same volume and tone that the sign said 'parent and child' not 'fat, lazy cow'. She moved her car.

funkstardelux
09-02-2012, 09:28 PM
haha good on ya tim

Goreden
09-02-2012, 09:39 PM
my pet hates:
people not indicating/bat
old people doing 30 in a 60/bat
and the tw@ts in the audi's that get right on your arse flashing their lights when your doing 95 or so in the fast lane /bat

Ryan
09-02-2012, 09:54 PM
and the tw@ts in the audi's that get right on your arse flashing their lights when your doing 95 or so in the fast lane /bat

Had this all the time when I lived in Johannesburg, I find that the best thing to do is just move over if one's not prepared to go faster. He/She would sooner get the ticket too :p

I once had a BMW coming up behind me doing about 120mph - I was doing about 90mph but he flashed me well, well in advance and I moved over with plenty of time to spare - as he came past he flashed his hazard lights in thanks which was nice of him.

funkstardelux
09-02-2012, 09:57 PM
i noticed that lately its more audi drivers being knobs then bmw drivers..oh crap i also drive an audi..DOH

SEAN-NZ
10-02-2012, 01:42 AM
some of us under 25's are responsible, atleast most of the time, 2 things like some of you, is people tailgating, really F***S me off, especially when the have a moan when a suddenly "need" to brake, and people going slower than the speed limit

OnBoost!
10-02-2012, 06:50 AM
that reminds me , motor cyclists . why do 50cc bikes feel they have to jump to the front of the traffic light queue and then hold every one up when they go green because they drive in the middle of the lane so you cant over take .

also motor cyclists , why do they have to under take my van in the blind spot when in traffic when im indiacting left.

did i mention motor cyclists in general?

50cc bikes do that just to piss you off,it's their version of flipping you off..:D

Well those people that undertake your van will have a very short life span.

Atik
10-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Lane cutting on roundabouts. Its really winds me up when people cut from the outside lane into the inside when going straight over. I'm fortunate to be driving a high powered car, so I always assess who is next to me when I approach a right turn or a straight over at a roundabout. If I'm in the inside lane, I either accelerate like a hooligan to give me the space or go slow allowing the other guy to get in front so even if he cuts the lane, I'm nowhere near so I dont get clipped.

There are times when I have done this exact thing, but always on a deserted roundabout with nobody in sight. Taking the 'racing line' on a roundabout is the easiest way to maintain speed :D But when there are other cars around, keep in your blooming lane!

Wodjno
10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Need Feck Off loud dumpvalve. Dumpit at there side as Tjey are about to cut accross. It's fun watching them shiiite their pants, as they jump back in their lane and nearly onto the path
:D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Atik
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Hah! And would you believe I do have a "Feck Off loud dumpvalve" :D:D

Its set to low at the moment though, so I can monitor the actual sounds the car is making to make sure nothing is breaking while I drive.

Wodjno
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
50cc bikes do that just to piss you off,it's their version of flipping you off..:D

Well those people that undertake your van will have a very short life span.

Not just 50cc bikes. All bikes! They don't seem to understand that the big Feck off estate car behind them, is faster off the lights than they are. :rolleyes::mad:

OnBoost!
10-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Not just 50cc bikes. All bikes! They don't seem to understand that the big Feck off estate car behind them, is faster off the lights than they are. :rolleyes::mad:

Lol,my 2005 Yamaha R6 is a lot faster than my VR-4..:P

Wodjno
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I beg to differ when the unsuspecting knob of a biker shatts his pants as my grandad estate car screams past like a banshee! As the biker thinks he only has to rev to 8-9000rpm to reach the next junction or set of lights :rolleyes:
How wrong they always are. And how early They always are on the brakes :confused:

OnBoost!
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
I beg to differ when the unsuspecting knob of a biker shatts his pants as my grandad estate car screams past like a banshee! As the biker thinks he only has to rev to 8-9000rpm to reach the next junction or set of lights :rolleyes:
How wrong they always are. And how early They always are on the brakes :confused:

Okay then,ever ridden a motorbike? Or you just generally dislike all motorcyclists??

Wodjno
10-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Okay then,ever ridden a motorbike? Or you just generally dislike all motorcyclists??

Never ridden a Motorbike ! And generally dislike "most" motorcyclists!!

richy rich
11-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Life is to short for me to list all the issues i have with other drivers, riders and walkers. Most things have been listed in the last 5 pages.

OnBoost!
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Never ridden a Motorbike ! And generally dislike "most" motorcyclists!!

Well you don't know what your missing!!

BillHardy
11-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Drove up to Cromarty today and the amount of tossers on the A9 driving in fog with side lights on realy annoys me,they think their saving electricity

Wodjno
11-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Well you don't know what your missing!!

Yes i do /yes .

Death :skull:

Ryan
11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
It's coming eventually Wodj, it never misses :)

That said, I share your sentiments, have had far too much personal tragedy with the things. But, each to their own /yes

OnBoost!
11-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Yes i do /yes .

Death :skull:

Well yeah,what with all the traffic in the UK.

waxer
11-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Drove up to Cromarty today and the amount of tossers on the A9 driving in fog with side lights on realy annoys me,they think their saving electricity

They're not, they're saving petrol

But only a tiny amount

horndog
11-02-2012, 09:00 AM
,they think their saving electricity

I remember on a trip to india, there was a big government campaign trying to educate drivers that driving with lights on at night did not flatten the battery - wasnt working, some of the scariest roads ive ever been on

Wobble
11-02-2012, 09:15 AM
100% agree with Glenn.

i know someone (dont like him, hopefully going to prison soon ,different story)who used to ride around with 20 mates on bikes and meet up every month to go and be butch or something while riding around the counrty side at 150mph , anyway there large meets have now turned into very small ones with only 6 remaining friends , yes they have all been killed on bikes .

OnBoost!
12-02-2012, 03:25 AM
^Oh ok. Well I don't ride around like an idiot,which is why I'm still alive I guess..:D

jayp
12-02-2012, 10:08 AM
I hate the minority of bikers that drive like cocks. About 3 years ago I was driving back to Germany going through Holland, over taking a truck at about 95mph next thing I know some clock on a bike is screaming up behind me flashing his lights like I can move out of the way. 2 lanes next to a truck. I pull over as soon as it's safe to do so, next thing I know he is in front of me slamming his brakes on, I follow suit, next I know we're doing 10mph, the trick behind me is now jack knifing, trying not to hit me, bike has disappeared luckily for him. Thankfully no-one was hurt, but we all needed new underwear.

The other thing that winds me up is those people that do 40mph everywhere, no matter what the speed limit is.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

ex-derv
13-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I always think riding motorbikes must be like doing crack or something- I'm sure it's amazing but not something I can afford to get a taste for as life is short enough already. I thought about doing my bike test a while ago but my wife summed it up well. She said 'you've got a car that will do over 160 mph and you need more? Don't you like being alive or something?'

Wodjno
13-02-2012, 09:18 PM
The other thing that winds me up is those people that do 40mph everywhere, no matter what the speed limit is.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

And the ones that annoy me the most, are the ones that do it in a 20mph School Zone/boxing:rifle::veryangry