PDA

View Full Version : King is dead

VR4WGN
24-04-2010, 09:27 PM
well at about 01:35am on Sunday Morning on my trip back home tht strange noise got worse!!!!

what started off as a tapped type noise turned into a Piston Slap type noise wich ended up in a Blown Rear Turbo, 1 Glowing RED Front Manifold,Cooking Radiator,and Pston 1(what i can tel lfrom)has cracked..

i noticed the noise originally when picking the car up,but thort it ws the new lifters they installed that i supplied for them..
and gradually over Saturday got noisier while setting up for the wedding..

After a decision to wait in the sticks for AA i decided to venture as far a si can go,so i did.. i made it to Waipawa with a Farking loud Slapping noise,a temprature systems that fluctuated more than the price of Petrol and a smell that no 1 can explain.. somewhat like a death smell..(the End is Nigh!!!)
caning it at 140 seemed to smothen the noise out and keep tempratures at bay,i lost all boost nd had an unconsistant torque range.

i wanted to cry, as many of you know i just purchased the vehicle back as i loved her too much...but now it is dead...:skull:

Lucky Mum and dad were behind me in the ST-r and picke dme up in Waipawa and then ventured to theirs (02:30am) and then i took the ST-r home and got home at 04:00am sometime).

i then rang the old owner and said WTF, he replies WTF,my mech serviced the car recently and " checked the pistons"(how do you do this lol) and was al lgood aparantly,i hd to change the radiator a sit ws leaking and losing pressure(we now know why this was too)

basically im looking at $2k to fix her up,but he is only CONSIDERING meeting me halfway cost wise,excl other ****..

personally i feel ripped off(knew the engine ws going ,so flick car FAST).
what if i had sodl this to someone else and this happens,my nam goes BANG!

anyhow,i am tired, 3 hours sleep and i just wanna cry!!!!
seems not a good weekend for Club boys or Month shall i say,,,
things happen in 3??
Scott
Ryan
Quinton

hopefully this is it for the bad things for a while.....

so im on the hunt for a GOOD Low Mileage VR4 Engine that wil be used to do my TD04 Conversion on now!!

Mivec Wagon is FORCED to start roading it now too(not happy)

miller
24-04-2010, 09:31 PM
never a nice sight to see one of these on a low loader!

Chin up! TD04's herald a new dawn, mass produce manifolds and it will soon pay for itself!

aboo
24-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Gutted for you Q. :(She is a lovely looking Leggie. As I'v said before one of my fav's.

Hope you get her back on the road.

VR4WGN
24-04-2010, 09:46 PM
gotta tissue for me??

bradc
24-04-2010, 09:49 PM
How much oil did it have in it?

aboo
24-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes & a /grouphug

Gly
24-04-2010, 10:07 PM
bad luck, really sucks,

lucky they will even go half way with you, as legally they dont have to

pbaron
24-04-2010, 10:20 PM
It's a second hand car, things break. You obviously put quite a few k's on it since you got it back and it must have seemed ok otherwise you would not have driven it.

To realise there was a problem with it and then drive it until it died and then come on here and winge about it does nothing to inspire confidence in you as a trader.

Where is the 2 grand cost in fixing? You can pick up another engine for around $500, and from what you have said many times in the past it only takes you a couple of hours to remove and fit an engine. If the previous owner is offering around a grand you would be making money out of this.

I'm not sure you should post when you are tired, you know better. The only thing I have sympathy for you for is the fact that it died on you in the wee small hours of the morning, nobody needs that.

Take this for what it is, bad luck that it died on you and not the person you sold it to and then dealed it back from. Suck it up and move on.

taupodrifta
24-04-2010, 10:51 PM
So sorry to hear bro but agree with you the old owners obviously realised the engine on its way out so sell sell sell before they gotta pay out. I brought a car few years back and did the same as you as soon as I realised engine was stuffed just drove it as far as I could to get closer to home. Pitty my spare engine is in pieces cause you could have had that which would have been coinsidental as then the gearbox in that car would be matched back to its original engine lmao.

lancerevo3
24-04-2010, 11:32 PM
bad thing to happen at least he offered some money back.
sweet car Q.

VR4WGN
25-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Pierre how about you suck up your fingers on your keyboard and refrian from posting anyhting if you CANT atleast show some respect for aNYBODY ok!! take a hint... shut up!!

secondly the car was driven back form Turangi and had the noise and as mentione di thort it ws the new lifters that were installed so as for clocking up some kms your wrong,your not GOD dont assume you know everything ok,koz you DONT.
Zip it up maby!!!!
heartless asshole

VR4WGN
25-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Brad,car was just recently serviced.. we suspect cracked piston but i won t have time to strip engine for a long time .. im just greatfull the owners are being so kind as to help me out,i really am greatfull to them for this,and they have my upmost respect for this!!

pbaron
25-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Just what all of your customers need to see.

Who are you calling heartless, looks like you are the one ripping off one of your customers by estimating more than double the cost to repair.

Try your bullying on someone who cares, keep up the good work you will go far.

Pierre how about you suck up your fingers on your keyboard and refrian from posting anyhting if you CANT atleast show some respect for aNYBODY ok!! take a hint... shut up!!

secondly the car was driven back form Turangi and had the noise and as mentione di thort it ws the new lifters that were installed so as for clocking up some kms your wrong,your not GOD dont assume you know everything ok,koz you DONT.
Zip it up maby!!!!
heartless asshole

Nutter_John
25-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Gents can I please ask you both to calm down a little

Subaru ETA
26-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Just what all of your customers need to see.

Who are you calling heartless, looks like you are the one ripping off one of your customers by estimating more than double the cost to repair.

Try your bullying on someone who cares, keep up the good work you will go far.

/Handbag /catfight

bradc
26-04-2010, 12:13 AM
What Pierre didn't know is that Q had only had the car for 6 days and this was the first drive that he had been for

Wodjno
26-04-2010, 07:19 AM
/grouphug /grouphug /grouphug /grouphug

VR4WGN
26-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Some people think koz theyr big theyr GOD,but are sadly mistaken! Pierre maby excuse yourself from ANY of my threads and dont comment on anyhting,this way i dont haveto put up with yoyu.. youv really rubbed me up now and im over you so just leav it and leav me ,the END!!!

Nutter_John
26-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Q have you ever considered reading what you have writen before hitting the post thread button ?

dublee
26-04-2010, 12:58 PM
i love coming across threads like this, they brighten up my day, lol at keyboard warriors.

White Lightning
26-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Gutted for you Q, but I am a bit lost. Is this a new car that you have just bought or one that you have had for a while, or a customers car?

elnevio
26-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Had, sold, then had again, IIRC?

Nutter_John
26-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Had, sold, then had again, IIRC?

no thats the hokey cokey - in out in out shake it all about

Turbo_Steve
26-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a girl I used to know.......

.......there is a joke in there about a "cracked Ring" but I think we'll leave that alone.

Q - may I politely suggest that if you post stuff up on the internet, someone, somewhere, will ALWAYS log in and disagree with something you hold dear.
It's really pointless getting stressed, upset, or even mildly annoyed about it.
It's positively self-destructive to get in a big, angry, shouty argument - especially when you want the respect of your customers.

Neither you or Pierre are breaking any rules, you're just not being very polite to each other, however I would suggest that rather than hand-bags at dawn, I'd prefer to have my personal disagreements over the PM system.

Remember that if you don't like what someone has posted on a thread, you can always request that the post is removed.

To some extent, I can understand where Pierre is coming from, here: you've not been exactly clear on what happened, what amounts of money are involved or why you're so surprised about it.

From what I gather you bought a used car (one you'd previously owned) that went bang on the drive home, and are really upset about it as you think the seller 'saw you coming'. However, the seller has agreed to split the cost of the repairs, which sounds like an act of good faith....so you're just annoyed about the inconvenience?

Yes, it's flippin annoying, and very dissapointing when something like this happens, and TBH most people who read this are going to feel sorry for you - I do.

However most people reading this know who you are, what you're capable of, and can see an opportunity for a real phoenix to arise from the ashes.....so are mainly going to be interested in what comes next.

You've got some brilliant achievements to boast about - why ruin it over a silly disputre. It sounds like you and Pierre have much to talk about - I'd suggest you do so. Politely, please :D

VR4WGN
26-04-2010, 08:09 PM
you guys are always right and a fresh perspective is ALWAYS good yes, i am gutted but like you mentioned that a "phoenix" will arrise form the ashes and dawn a new parade.. watch this space!!!!!

my apologies Pierre if i am/was brash i should learn to engage brain before putting mouth in gear!

VR4WGN
28-04-2010, 12:32 PM
ok i have sourced a low mileage engine its done 73000km nd he wants 950 for it..

whatta ya'all think?? get it,do the cambs,pulleys,etc and flick her in?? i think its a facelift Engine from a 2002 Galant with Meister Blue,Recaro Interior,Flares,AYC diff,etc,she was a fully equipped car and the only damage was RR Quarter Dogbone..

im just so picky now,i want a GOOD Low mileage engine and i dont think i can find lower than this tho..

Ryan
28-04-2010, 12:38 PM
To be fair, there's no way on earth that we could know if it's a "good" engine or not but by all accounts I think that $950 for a low mileage engine - even if you do have to change the cambelt/tensioners/water pump, is a seemingly good deal.

Turbo_Steve
28-04-2010, 12:51 PM
It's a used car - everything is a gamble, but this sounds as good as any?

psbarham
28-04-2010, 01:41 PM
miester blue facelift???????

Good luck with the reincarnation though

elnevio
28-04-2010, 01:46 PM
miester blue facelift?
Good point! Meister blue wasn't used on the facelift VR-4. Could it be Indigo Blue? Or been repainted Meister Blue (or similar)?

Although I'm guessing it's a moot point given how much difference the colour makes to the engine! :rolleyes4

bradc
28-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey Q, how much will they sell the seats and grey centre console trim for?

It should be Indigo Blue

White Lightning
28-04-2010, 08:08 PM
It's luck of the draw really with any second hand engine. But it's low mileage and a good price so I say go for it mate.

VR4WGN
28-04-2010, 08:22 PM
ok maby i was having more important things on my mind when i was putting this up lol.. its dark blue maby it is indigo,im unsure at this stage..
im going after work to look at the engine and see if im going to buy it,i just dont want to spend money for a piece of **** ey... ill see if i can buy a mech warranty form somewhere maby?? any ideas where i can start looking??

bradc
28-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Who cares about any of that..... :P

RECARO'S!!!! Ask for me please :D

VR4WGN
29-04-2010, 08:14 PM
ok what i was told (73km) was not so.. as we were walking to the vehicle to inspect the engine i was asked "is there any reason to doubt me Q?" i said no But i wish to do my own insp.

upon arriving i did a quick check and then grabbed the speedo from the car and said ill see you tomorrow to verify the kms and purchase..

plugged the bastard in and its done 129km,not too impressed,i now dont trust them anymore after this!! as many know TRUST is EVERYTHING to me,if you cant honour that then we cant work and well sadly i am upset about this and dont want to deal with them anymore, basic liers in my eyes now,last thing i want to do is supply a supposed low mileage engine to a member 1 day and its done tripl that!!!

bradc
29-04-2010, 08:20 PM
That sucks

Nitephyre
30-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Replacement engine maybe?

VR4WGN
25-05-2010, 11:16 PM
and her heart beats yet again!!!!

temp engine is in and running smoothly.. im buggered from taking 2 engines out and stripping 3 to build up the engine and box but its going now,relief!!!
just to top my omen the Mivec belts broke lastnight on the way out,so i scraped by just by the hair on my teeth.../woot2