PDA

View Full Version : Castle Combe - Spring Action day

MPBVr4
26-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Anybody ??

Trigger Mauve Leggie with Carbon Fibre Bonnet. Think you were on track as well. Didn't see you myself but my 2 boys (VAG Owners) spotted you and reported back/Wyhy

Jane
26-04-2010, 08:54 AM
:whistle:

Nick Mann
26-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Getting some practice in for JapFest? Seeing as you hardly know the track... :P

miller
26-04-2010, 09:33 AM

Any snaps then /Camera /Camera

Jane
26-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Getting some practice in for JapFest? Seeing as you hardly know the track... :P

/lol

Mind you, it was the first time on track at Combe since last JapFest!!

It was a last minute shakedown test to see if the car would hold up to some abuse - which it seems to have done .....

We were then going to book for JF but unfortunately, we are now booked in for some paintwork the week before, so track time so soon afterwards is not going to happen :thumbsdow

It was a good day in the sunshine at Combe though, despite some **** in a scooby trying to take us out on track /hammer

Jane
26-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Any snaps then /Camera /Camera

None from me - I was in it :D

White Lightning
26-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Were you driving Jane?

Jane
26-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Were you driving Jane?

No, not brave enough to tackle a Combe action day session!!

The idea was for Heath to try it out on Saturday and if it didn't self destruct, I was going to drive it at JF - possibly.

MPBVr4
26-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Ah! I forgot you've got the CF bonnet. I was bit miffed i couldn't make it. The boys said they had a great day.

Damn Scooby drivers:smash: :p

White Lightning
26-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Ah, I see. Sounds like you should postpone the paintwork until after JF then ;o)

miller
26-04-2010, 09:48 AM
The idea was for Heath to try it out on Saturday and if it didn't self destruct, I was going to drive it at JF - possibly.

Someone did say to me Heath looked faster in the VR4 than any toyota :joker:

Jane
26-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Damn Scooby drivers:smash: :p

LOL - I don't think you would have made the same move as this guy, Malc.

He overtook us on the wrong side going into Quarry (Heath saw him coming and stayed out of his way), then overtook the car in front of us going through Quarry, took off like a startled rabbit and then span in the chicane, coming to a complete halt facing the wrong way. Two cars nearly hit him, we went wide and managed to avoid them all and another had to take to the escape road - typical action day stuff :rolleyes4

Jane
26-04-2010, 09:52 AM

/haz

Wayne - I did think about it but its taken ages to get it booked in and I don't really want to change it now ......

HJM
26-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Lets just say I had a laugh in it as it brought back some old memories, but I'll be sticking to my 'fun' car in the future :)

And yes the brakes were still squealing at the end of the session, even though the fluid was fubbered !!!

Simon
01-05-2010, 09:03 AM