PDA

View Full Version : Castle Coombe

The Vee
09-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks to UJCC for the day.
3 CVR4 Members there. A great time was had by all. Well worth the trip. A few pics to show.

nick-f1
09-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Good pix there Andy, the day wasnt spoilt any by the rain? We had loads down here on hants/dorset border and castlecombe ain't that far from me.

Simon
09-08-2004, 10:07 PM
wet and dry mixture all day....very wet at lunch time with standing water........im hoping Spirit979's pictures dont load! :$ nice pic's "The Vee" :)

nick-f1
09-08-2004, 10:10 PM
im hoping Spirit979's pictures dont load! :$ Is there something embarassing and/or that you dont want us to see?

Get em on quick Pete!

The Vee
09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
wet and dry mixture all day....very wet at lunch time with standing water........im hoping Spirit979's pictures dont load! :$ nice pic's "The Vee" :)

Heh Heh The rain did give me half a chance :-D

Simon
09-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Regardless of what Pete's pictures will show :$ the only problem i had was spinning the car at a great rate of knots :$ :rolleyes5 .thanks to my £4.99 compressor from a "garage" with £6 of fuel...waste of time as i over inflated my tyres for a WET road!!!!!!! in excess of 40psi :lipsrseal no grip at the rear...........no surprise i lowered them to 34psi.

A great day was had.....after spinning the car i decided to master the art of provoking the car to oversteer and attempt power sliding on a very greasy track....pete getting a lot of side ways motion......and "The Vee" overtaking me :dozey: and me overtaking an R34 GTR......and he was trying!!! all on film! :laugh: :p (BU@@ER does that mean The Vee is faster than an R34 Skyliner?!?!?!) ;) :-D My fingers are crossed for when Pete's pictures appear!

Ohh......and only acheiving 60 miles on a FULL tank of Optimax WTF! :$

nick-f1
09-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Sounds like you all had a great deal of fun Simon, only wish I could have afforded to come too! Thought the rain must have made it exciting!!!

The Vee
09-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you all had a great deal of fun Simon, only wish I could have afforded to come too! Thought the rain must have made it exciting!!!

certainly did. after a little apprehension it was great fun

Simon
09-08-2004, 10:43 PM
the rain was worrying to begin with but then everyone got their confidence! i wasn't the only one to spin....just the first! MR2's were spinning along with the Supras (no surprise), 200sx's, GTS's and the GTR to name just a few! Pete's pictures should be good.

Simon
09-08-2004, 10:57 PM
borrowed a pic from another web site

Simon
09-08-2004, 11:03 PM
another borrowed until Petes appear...

Spirit
09-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Yep you guessed it, I fell asleep this evening so pics will be delayed until tomorrow night. That's what getting up at 4.30am does for you !

Rest assured there will be some good stills pulled from the video action, Simon spinning right in front of me was pretty tasty ;)

The rain did liven things up a little and it certainly gave us the opportunity for some sideways action, and other than letting each other go by neither Simon nor I had anyone overtake us all day :laugh:

So, after spending £110 on fuel today :dozey: (we proved the VR4 does do around 7mpg on track) , we got home in one piece (even the brakes survived again), and I certainly think we got our monies worth from today. Thanks to both Andy and Simon for their company and a great day was had by all.

Spirit
09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Found this pic of Simon and I chasing a 380bhp Skyline, he could not lose us at all and as Simon said at one stage he managed to sneak past him for part of a lap

Spirit
09-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Few more "poached" pics, was an awesome sight having all these Jap cars lined up for a parade lap !

And a couple of me chasing an Imprezza, another who could not lose the VR4 despite all the added extras to his car :laugh:

Spirit
10-08-2004, 07:11 AM
A couple more pics courtesy of a UJCC member:

1: Simon enjoying the delights of the Combe cafe

2: The boyz on track

richieelliott
10-08-2004, 09:27 PM
More More More I Wanna See More Come On Old Man Pete

Spirit
10-08-2004, 09:34 PM
There are some more on another thread mate. Working on videos over the next day or so. Having problems hosting them though due to my ftp server :(