PDA

View Full Version : Hands to panic stations

jackerthanjack
26-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Guys what does the red srs light mean? I'm scared help wanted

foxdie
26-04-2010, 05:41 PM
It means there's a fault (or a fault has previously been detected) with one of the cars crash safety features, ie. one of the airbags.

You should find someone with EvoScan to read the fault code for you, but only a dealer can typically clear this particular light after it comes on.

White Lightning
26-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Have you changed the steering wheel?

jackerthanjack
26-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah just seen the srs on the steerin wheel and yes put in a mono about 3 months ago few that's not too bad. It's not goin to randomly deploy is it when I'm driving?

swinks
26-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Nope, not gonna deploy, no worries.
Very likely you:
- didn't disconnect battery and didn't wait enough before airbag removal (generated srs fault)
or:
- damaged clockspring (refitted in wrong alignment), sometimes you loose horn too, but not at every clockspring fault

I had suffered second one issue while mine steering wheel change. Srs light came up after 2 months.

jackerthanjack
26-04-2010, 07:54 PM
weird for the delay tho isnt it. Well im chuffed, just another one. My ayc seems to be leaking if the level runs low will i get indication at all if it does?

Nutter_John
26-04-2010, 07:55 PM
the red ayc light will come on if it is on the high pressure side

Kryton
26-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Like Swinks said, its not going to deploy. If you take it off & wait before re-fitting it might be OK, if not most code readers will be able to clear it. Even if its an import all codes (other than engine ones) should appear on English code reader. I have a Mitsubishi MUT-II if you are ever in the Norfolk area (not exactly local but offer is there if you can't get it sorted).

jackerthanjack
27-04-2010, 12:18 AM
cheers guys