PDA

View Full Version : Ride Heights ?

Wodjno
30-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Following on from mt Suspension Tweaks thread /yes

I'm interested in building a list of Members rideheights front/rear of there rides measured at the centre of the wheel arch thru the centre of the wheel.

Ride height affects Camber, unless adjusted by an adjustable kit to keep it standard. The lower the car the more camber the car will run.
My present car does not turn in as well as my 1st Vr. But since lowering the car(as expected) the car has a much more positive turn in /yes

I know the type of suspension, tyre and wheels will all have an affect on this aswell.
But for members that have lowered or highered the cars .. What are there findings on the steering handling side of things..
In general, i know lowering the car is lowering the cars centre of gravity.
But i'm of the conclusion that the pitch of the car makes more of a difference than the overall height.
So more "Nose" down than "Arse" down /yes
My Silver Vr was so positive in the corners and at high speed rock solid stable ..
I want that same feeling from this VR also /yes

Cheers

Wodj

Edit: I know cars with arch extenstions will measure as being lower /yes
So can u state whether or not u have them fitted :-) i think the difference is approx 10mm ? If you could confirm this, would be great /yes

Wodjies Car: Front = 650mm
Rear = 665mm

Arch Extentions = No

AlanDITD
30-04-2010, 10:36 PM
i think this thread should be locked to tbh.....

Wodjno
30-04-2010, 10:42 PM
i think this thread should be locked to tbh.....

WTF ?

Now what have i done :huh:

aboo
30-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I'v fitted Tien springs with stock shocks. Think it was 28mm at the front & 20mm at the back. Running 17 x7 with 215x45x17(waiting for Bradc to tell me that is the wrong size) & it turns in a lot better than stock.

Selby ARB's getting fitted this weekend so hoping they will make it better.

AlanDITD
30-04-2010, 10:46 PM
WTF ?

Now what have i done :huh:

I was taking the piss mate no idea what went on in the other one either :)

Wodjno
30-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I'v fitted Tien springs with stock shocks. Think it was 28mm at the front & 20mm at the back. Running 17 x7 with 215x45x17(waiting for Bradc to tell me that is the wrong size) & it turns in a lot better than stock.

Selby ARB's getting fitted this weekend so hoping they will make it better.

Nice 1 /yes

Any chance you can measure the heights at the arches :)
As all standard setups will vary, as will the springs u use.
Ensure all ya tyres are pumped up correctly and its on levrl ground /yes :D

aboo
30-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Nice 1 /yes

Any chance you can measure the heights at the arches :)
As all standard setups will vary, as will the springs u use.
Ensure all ya tyres are pumped up correctly and its on levrl ground /yes :DWill do. All my tyres are at 36psi. Will measure the height & post them this weekend.

elnevio
30-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Also take a note of what you have in the car fuel level wise. Probably worth making sure that you've got nothing extra inside, like boxes of tools, etc.

aboo
30-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Good point Nev. Car will be empty & before & after ARB's.

elnevio
30-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Good point Nev. Car will be empty & before & after ARB's.
I'll have to check, but I don't think the ARBs affect the car's handling when it's parked... :coat

Wodjno
01-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Also take a note of what you have in the car fuel level wise. Probably worth making sure that you've got nothing extra inside, like boxes of tools, etc.

Nah normal stuff should be left in /yes
As thats how it will normally be driven.. :happy:

aboo
01-05-2010, 12:10 AM
They wont affect the handling when its parked /pan but dont know if it will lower it as there are two holes to set them up.

taupodrifta
01-05-2010, 02:11 AM
mine is 635mm from guard to ground in the front and 590mm guard to ground in the rear I have 17x7 mags with 215/45/17s and tein adjustables. It handles nicely in the rear but the front sledges a bit under hard cornering as there is minimal to no camber on the front

Wodjno
01-05-2010, 10:43 AM
mine is 635mm from guard to ground in the front and 590mm guard to ground in the rear I have 17x7 mags with 215/45/17s and tein adjustables. It handles nicely in the rear but the front sledges a bit under hard cornering as there is minimal to no camber on the front

Wow.. Thats certainly slammed at the rear /yes
Take you don't have speed bumps over in NZ /Hmmm

Just noticed 12 Far Sand /help

Membership ID: 64
Car: PFL MT Legnum VR4

Humpty's Revenge
01-05-2010, 11:20 AM
OK, just measured my trigger mauve face lift with following:-

Tyres:- 235/35/19"

Suspension:- C-West fully adjustable

Fuel:- 3/4 of a tank

Arches:- Face lift wheel arches

Extra weight:- IE nothing in the car that should`nt be.

Front height:-660mm

Rear:-650mm

Measured my white PFL Legnum

Tyres:- 225/40/18"

Suspension:- Tein fully adjustable

Fuel:- under 1/4 of a tank

Arches:- not fitted

Extra weight:- none

Front height:- 665mm

Rear height:- 670mm

Measured my roanne red Legnum FL

Tyres:- 225/50/16

Suspension:- Stock

Fuel:- Full tank

Arches:- Face lift wheel arches

Extra weight:- None

Front weight:-655mm

Rear weight:-660mm

Hope this helps? Anything else you need to know please ask.......

Steve

Edit:-

The ride is slightly harder with 35 profile tyres but the cornering feels more positive and there is a difference between the C-West and the tein suspension to which I find the C-West better. This might be just down to the tyres but the C-West is a stiffer ride without doubt.

As for the standard suspension still corners well but will tend to breakaway a bit earlier than uprated ones. Again could be down to tyres.

All three cars feel great in the dry but skitty when wet, the C-West are better in the wet than the Tein & Stock.

There is a 90 degree corner I have tried with all three and again the C-West feels more positive with minor body roll and there is around a 10-15mph difference between all three cars.

bradc
01-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Mine is 640mm front and 630mm rear with 235/45/17 tyres. I have about -1 degree at the front and -2.3 degrees of camber at the rear. Facelift arches fitted.

VR4Kaos
01-05-2010, 04:09 PM
mine is stock suspenion and is @ 675mm front and 650mm rear rolling on 215/45/17 tyres

Davezj
01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
hi all,

be careful when you measure the ride heights. as well as tyre pressure check both sides of the car as this can differ. now i know my car has had some rear quarter panel bodywork done and i have rolled the rear arches, so my measurements will be worth nothing, as the bodywork looks right but is actually slightly off due to the panel replacement. also i have replaced a front wing so the front will not be worth recording either.

so it might be worth while mentioning if you have had any body work done. you might not notice it when looking at the wheel and arch but if it differs from side to side then your measurement will probably skew the results rather than helping them. i would expect the front to differ slightly side to side due to the engine being on the right and the gear box on the left. but being a manual or auto will make a difference as well due to the difference in weight of the gearbox.

666damned
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
mine is the following:
Suspension: Tein Adjustable
Front: 635mm
Rear: 635mm
Tyre pressure: 32PSi
Tyre profile: 215/45/17
Fuel load: third of a tank
PFL model........................

taupodrifta
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow.. Thats certainly slammed at the rear /yes
Take you don't have speed bumps over in NZ /Hmmm

Just noticed 12 Far Sand /help

Membership ID: 64
Car: PFL MT Legnum VR4

It was that way when I brought it and my adjusties are siezed so cant lift it up. We have speed bumps over here good ones to you just gotta learn pretty quickly how to drive it so you can get over them causing minimal damage

aboo
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Think you may be getting sledging cause your so low at the back.

I had the boot full with jack, stands, some other crap & 2 kids & wife in the back. Managed to hit the back box on the ground going over a bunp on the road.

Also noticed the front was very light. The back wheels were right up in the arches & got a bit of rubbing going round a roundabout.

taupodrifta
01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Think you may be getting sledging cause your so low at the back.

I had the boot full with jack, stands, some other crap & 2 kids & wife in the back. Managed to hit the back box on the ground going over a bunp on the road.

Also noticed the front was very light. The back wheels were right up in the arches & got a bit of rubbing going round a roundabout.

i dont get any rubbing but in saying that I have 3 amps and 2 12inch compitition subs in the back so have about 80 kg of extra weight. It still handles ok I just can push it hard around a corner

aboo
01-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Going by you pic thats what mine looked like today. I must have had over a 100kg in the boot, wife & 2 kids in the back.

On the way to the outlaws house corners I would take at 70mph it did'nt feel good. The front was very light.

Oblivion
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I just have lowering springs in mine -
650mm in the front
630mm for the rear
No wheel arch extentions, about 1/4 tank of gas.
From memory there's about 2deg camber in the rear and looks to be almost none in the front. I think it handles pretty well but understeers when pushed to the limit.

lancerevo3
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
mine was lowered when i got it on blue springs
front 630mm
back 630mm
and its pfl with 235/45/17