PDA

View Full Version : random switch?

oldgit9
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
does anyone know what the switch on the dash on the left side of the steering wheel does? i've done a search but i cant find an answer.

i always thought that it was for the old alarm that was installed in the car. but after looking at "Spirits" boost gauge install guide, he has one too. i've never pressed it, just in case it done something like kill the engine or something.

i hope you dont mind spirit, but i've hijacked a pic off you guide. as it's getting to dark here now to take a pic.

elnevio
01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Looks like your rear foglight switch to me! Installed by the importer, probably.

Kryton
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep its def aftermarket & I agree, normally used for rear fog

Atik
01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Just press it... PRESS IT !

:D

Yep it's most likely the rear fog light switch. Turn the headlights on and then press the button and you should get rear fogs.

oldgit9
01-05-2010, 08:06 PM
i've gone and pressed the button...and you'll never guess what happened???

yes...the rear fog light came on. and all this time, i thought that the rear fog light was operated by the same switch for the front fog lights. no wonder why i couldn't get it to work the other month...lol

thanks guys :2thumbsup

Atik
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Excellent work... now you know you can use it to annoy those damn tailgaters /yes

TAR
01-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Excellent work... now you know you can use it to annoy those damn tailgaters /yes

They only bother you Atik, the rest of us can go fast enough to lose them!!

:happy:

Atik
01-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Thems be fighting talk young Tim :p

Besides, I always drive safely and ALWAYS within the limits of the law and the highway code :whistle:

ANTHONY
01-05-2010, 11:34 PM
ALWAYS within the limits of the law and the highway code :whistle: with a rear fog light on!!

Atik
02-05-2010, 12:31 AM
National pick on Atik day or something? :p

And, I didnt say I do that. I just said you could :whistle:

WizardKing
02-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Shame, could've been an ejector seat !!

Kryton
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Now a "How to" thread on wiring an ejector seat would definitely be one I would take a look at & makes even more sense as I have a sunroof. Right whos technically minded on here & going to sort it out?

WizardKing
02-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Firstly, we'll need to get hold of an ejector seat from a fighter-plane. Hang on, they're a bit pricey, let's go for option (b) instead;

1. Take seat fixing bolts out, saw half the way through them and carefully replace.
2. Shove a big box of fireworks under the passenger seat. Bodge a common fuse together and leave the end somewhere close to the ashtray/ cigarette lighter.
3. Alter the sunroof in such a way so that it may be sprung-loaded to open 180 degrees at the pull of a latch-mechanism.
4. Tie a piece of string to said latch and hang an air-freshener to the end (this should disguise it from your passenger's awareness of the inherent risk of injury they are facing !)

All set . . .

All you need to do now is light the fuse (using the nearby cigarette-lighter), pull sharply on the Magic-Tree air-freshener and they're off !!

Kryton
03-05-2010, 02:30 AM
I suppose depending on the type of fireworks used, you could even have a nice red arrows style coloured smoke trail. Right, group buy on fireworks & magic tree air fresheners anyone?