PDA

View Full Version : Bulb question

Ryan
06-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I suspect (hope) that the bulb sitting behind the red/white door ajar warning light on the driver's side has blown.

Can anyone please tell me what the replacement type is?

Cheers.

miller
06-05-2010, 01:38 PM
you sure its not just the 'rubber' closer at the base of the b pillar/door threshold thats not extracting/retracting when it should?

ianturbo
06-05-2010, 01:43 PM
501 W5W bulb
ian

Ghost_2008
06-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I replaced mine only to find that the door closer switch was not functioning correctly, there is an article on here about how to fix it....... I ignored the article and gave it a good spray with WD40 and all is working well and has done for several months now.......

Scanny
06-05-2010, 03:00 PM
if it was the door closure switch the interior light would also be affected as it wouldnt sense the door being opened

Davezj
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
that is true, it would also affect you alarm and if you unlock the car put you key inside and then closed the door the alarm would now the door had opened and automatically lock the car after 2mins i think. locking your keys inside the car. nice feature. it is to stop you accidentally unlocking your car when you cars are in you pocket and leaving the car unlocked all day.

Davezj
06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
also check it is not just the bulb and holder fallen out of the back of the hole they are supposed to sit in, the fall back into the door and it looks like the bulb has blown but it still light s you just can't see it. pull the door card off at the bottom to check or just the lens of the light if you like it just clips on.

Ryan
06-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Thank you for all the replies. I can confirm that it isn't the squishy "closer" button as the interior lights / dashboard door ajar light glow when the door is open.

Will check the bulb holder et al today and if all is well, will try replacing /Wave