PDA

View Full Version : Samwich/Spacer Plate

VR4WGN
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
hey guys quick question..

Manual Gearbox Spacer plate between engine and box the number stamped on it is??

i know auto is 646 but manual is....

also is it REALLY needed in the conversion or not?? we are short and dont have any of these and i know the 1.8 manuals wont fit..

otherwise laser cutting time.. grrrrrrrrrrrr:evil2:

Nutter_John
06-05-2010, 11:48 AM
if it is the one I'm thinking it is then the only real difference is the starter motor area , and if you cut that off the auto one and space out the starter by that amount you will get away with the using the auto one

Nick Mann
06-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Manual is 645.

And as John says, it's only one bolt hole and a small cut on the starter motor different. If you hold the gasket to the bellhousing you can see the problem.

VR4WGN
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
yea thanx boys,i did lastnight but i was afraid that the inner part of the starter motor part of the plate may fowl the the motor .. ill cut the starter motor area out tonight then and see how we get on..
thank you boys....

Gly
06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
you can just cut the bit around the starter away and as you bolt the starter in place just put the piece in the correct place so you dont end up with the starter sitting on a angle

VR4WGN
07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
awsum thanx heaps boys,im working tomorrow so i got this avo off and wil lgo try complete the conversion now..

BTw anyone got Slave Cylnders for the manual and half shafts?
we are keen to try something else here too on the drive shafts,do you think the Auto STr ones will be the same? i dont see any differenc in them ,maby length if anyhting