PDA

View Full Version : on the phone to the insurance HELP!!!

jahooli
07-05-2010, 04:00 PM
trying to swap cars from volvo to legnum, they say they dont insure legnums but insure Galant vr4 v6 estates, which they have as jap imports.

all same spec, do you think their system is bonkers, its Bell btw!

andydckent
07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Its the same difference as long as they know its an import. I am sure mine was insured as a Galant Estate VR-4 (Import) last year.

jahooli
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Its the same difference as long as they know its an import. I am sure mine was insured as a Galant Estate VR-4 (Import) last year.

they say they absolutely do not insure legnums but they do insure galant vr4 estates that they have down as imports!!!!

my log book says Legnum

HELP

jahooli
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
are there any Galant vr4 V6 estate imports?

miller
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
ring a different insurance company. They sound like bell ends who dont have a clue.

miller
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
are there any Galant vr4 V6 estate imports?

Yes, 'official' uk ralliart imports

jahooli
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
ring a different insurance company. They sound like bell ends who dont have a clue.
yeah but i only have to lay out 150 quid for the swap over (quoted on a ralliart)
as opposed to whatever i get quoted from scratch.
I also have to do it by tomorrow as Im picking one up from Csaba in the morning!!!

woooohoooo!!

JTG
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, 'official' uk ralliart imports

but I don't believe they're classed as imports when it comes to insurance

jahooli
07-05-2010, 04:24 PM
me neither, thats what i cant work out. Still, they have "Legnum" as a "no" on their system.

elnevio
07-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Well, if they understand that it is exactly the same car, then there shouldn't be a problem. The differences in the logbook entries for exactly the same model differ wildly!

jahooli
07-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Got a decent quote from admiral online, phoned them..........Bell and Admiral are the same company, Admiral could find the legggy and insure it but bell couldn't!

Admiral added the leggy to my policy no bovva and gave me multi car discount.

440 quid with protected no claims, full personal injury, spouse and dual business use.

Adrian Flux and Lifesure 800 and odd quid!!

Nice one Admiral.............. after 2 hours of phone calls (all 0800 tho!)

elnevio
07-05-2010, 09:53 PM
A proper result! :2thumbsup

HMG1K
08-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Top result!

Kryton
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Good work & by far the best option. Its not worth chancing when it comes to insurance as they always do whatever they can not to pay out. When my last Evo was written off, they came out with several excuses why they wouldn't pay out, all of which I proved them wrong, then after they had collected my car & agreed to pay out, they then told me they wouldn't pay because of the roll cage that I declared & they said they don't cover cages GRRR! The most annoying part was when I asked them to produce the recorded phone conversation & they had conveniently lost it. Normally all insurance companies list all cars, its just a case of whether the person at the other end of the phone can be bothered to look at their extra list to find the correct insurance code for it. I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!!

jahooli
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Good work & by far the best option. Its not worth chancing when it comes to insurance as they always do whatever they can not to pay out. When my last Evo was written off, they came out with several excuses why they wouldn't pay out, all of which I proved them wrong, then after they had collected my car & agreed to pay out, they then told me they wouldn't pay because of the roll cage that I declared & they said they don't cover cages GRRR! The most annoying part was when I asked them to produce the recorded phone conversation & they had conveniently lost it. Normally all insurance companies list all cars, its just a case of whether the person at the other end of the phone can be bothered to look at their extra list to find the correct insurance code for it. I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!!!

insured it last night, still not recorded on the insurance database so cant tax the car and pick it up!!! aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh./hammer

jahooli
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
sky 550 btw with less covered.

sky insurance
10-05-2010, 03:08 PM
insured it last night, still not recorded on the insurance database so cant tax the car and pick it up!!! aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh./hammer

Can take 10 days...

Kryton
10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
If the car was registered under your name (so next time round) you can taxt online with just the policy number so you wont have to wait for the certificate to come through

Humpty's Revenge
10-05-2010, 04:18 PM
If the car was registered under your name (so next time round) you can taxt online with just the policy number so you wont have to wait for the certificate to come through

When taxing your car online next time you will need the tax reminder letter for the reference number, reg and Vehicle registration document again for its reference number & a credit/debit card.:upsidedow

Thats it Simples!

jahooli
10-05-2010, 04:39 PM

How so, when I try to tax online the first thing it searches for is the insurance, on the insurance database, which the car is still coming up as un insured on!

chiro
17-05-2010, 06:48 PM
my cars insured with admiral the certificate says galant vr4 estate(import) which is what it is technically, also the guy on the phone said this was right for a legnum

Emlyn
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Looking for quotes just now...
Admiral say they don't do it? (over the phone)

Adrian Flux this morning... :| How much!? >£1200
Sky insurance, that's a bit better. :) Still £780 though.

Looking for fully comp on (until I have a specific car) generic Legnum VR4.
25yo with 3 years no claims.