PDA

View Full Version : not 'fixed' but much better

mike74
07-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I got fed up with the sticky (cold) gear changes on my manual galoon vr4 the other day & decided to do something about it. All the transmission fluids were replaced recently (with amsoil stuff) which helped but didn't totally eradicate the issue. I checked the bracket in the engine bay that holds the cables & it was rock solid so wasn't that either. Only other thing to inspect was the clutch. The biting point has always been a little on the low side but nothing major & certainly not enough to affect anything while it was hot. I got out my trusty 12mm spanner & adjusted the push rod on the top/rear of the clutch pedal to remove some of the slack from it & bingo!! Much, much better now. It almost doesn't stick at all now & I certainly don't have to double clutch or select another gear first. It takes all of 5 minutes to do & is definitely a ray of hope to all those suffering from sticky gear syndrome. I think it must the linkage, pivot pins or whatever moves when you operate the clutch wears out a little with mileage & it ends up not having as much stroke as it did when it left the factory...

Hope this is of use to some of you :d

mike

bradc
07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Must admit I've never even considered that at all! Well done

amsoil
14-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Think that deserves a round of applause for that tip; I was worried when i started to read the thread..... Amsoil didn't fully cure the problem!
Result!/applaude

mike74
14-05-2010, 11:51 AM
cheers mate :)
the oil's all good, just the stuff that's around it that's the problem now :P