PDA

View Full Version : It couldnt have happened to a nicer car.....

Ghost_2008
07-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Some of you may remember a short while ago I was asking people about their experiences of driving various cars...... following this I ended up buying my better half a lovely little FTO........ she loved it........ it was a birthday pressie for her 30th.

We spent out on a decent alarm, I under sealed the car, machine polished and waxed the paint work. We cleaned up the lights and sorted the interior.......... she was near perfect........

We had her for no more than a month, I hadn't even managed to complete the page in "my cars" section.............

This morning on her way to work Laura was involved in a car accident, fortunately she is fine, a sore back (possible whiplash) and very distressed about her baby/car......... but fine........ the car however was a completely different story.............

Laura stopped behind a car at traffic lights unfortunately the car behind her didnt, they hit the car so hard the center consol and tweeters detached themselves from the rest of the car.......... the FTO rolled forward and collided with the car in front, no damage to the car in front but it caused the front bumber to come away and the bumper support to collapse...........

Anyway she's really gutted, fortunately the insurance firm are providing a hire car, luckily I paid extra to have it on the policy otherwise your not covered for a write off......... but we need to get another car ASAP as Laura drives for work.... So if anyone knows of a nice clean FTO in the Greater London area.... Please let me know........

here's a before and after pic......

Nutter_John
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM
speak with Ben @ eurospec he's the fto guru and may have one

Chip
08-05-2010, 07:09 PM
:( poor FTO I just sold my one to get the Leggy, great cars to drive go on the Ftooc.org there loads of cars being broken for parts :)