PDA

View Full Version : Car audio installation North West

RussBird82
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Can anyone recommend somewhere or someone decent who does car audio installation in the North West/North East Wales area? I've been on Google and there are relatively few companies about...and as with most things these days they tend to be mobile. One guy from 'MaxSound' in Wrexham wanted £150 to install a Double DIN unit - and there was me thinking we were in a recession?! I've just found another company www.wecanfit.co.uk but they seem a bit franchise/expensive.

Any help much appreciated.

SGHOM
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Is Blackburn too far north west ?

Turbo_Steve
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
You can fit a double DIN head unit yourself....honest.

RussBird82
12-05-2010, 09:47 PM
It's got built in GPS ant DVB-T (2 aerials) plus I'm seriously crap with electronics.

What's in Blackburn?

Nutter_John
12-05-2010, 09:53 PM
zedy1

WizardKing
13-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Yep, Mo is a good choice.

In Blackpool, Green's is a very good place to use. They've traded in Kenwood, Technics, Blaupunkt, et. al. for a number of decades, from father to son.

I buy most of my ICE from them (but install myself.)
The gaffer is called Dick Green, b.t.w.

(Seriously!)

RussBird82
13-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Cheers guys...I'll look into it!

oldgit9
13-05-2010, 01:14 PM
You can fit a double DIN head unit yourself....honest.
:iagree: it's dead easy. just as long you can take out the old head unit.

my single din unit took seconds to fit. but make sure that the size of the head unit fits the double din slot. i found that out the hard way. i didn't check the size of the new double head unit that i was fitting. the width was ok, but the height was too long by 6mm. i was lucky to have a dremmal that i could use to shave off the 6mm to fit the unit.

as for the electrics, again, this could be as easy as pushing in 2 or 3 connectors. you can get the connectors from jokefords for £'s. it all depends on how the previous owner installed the head unit. even if they have butchered the cables, it's still not that difficult to do.

at the end of the day, if you want to save yourself £150 and gain experience on fitting a head unit, then do it yourself....trust me it's not that hard...i've fitted more than 5 different head units to different cars. and if i can do it, anyone can.