PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM cable and Evoscan

wintertidenz
17-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Before you ask NJ, yes I have searched :P

Just wanting to confirm that all I need to do to get this cable to read the fault codes etc from our cars is connect pin 1 and 4 on the back of the connector.

Anyone who has done this before?

Nick Mann
17-05-2010, 10:49 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20121

If it is a KKL cable, you should be good. The info is in the thread above.

Davezj
17-05-2010, 10:51 PM
in a word NO!

if you want to read error codes just GND pin 1 on the diag connector on the car and the error code will flash on the dash.

if you want to log data from the car with evoscan YES that is all you need.
Evoscan does not read error code very well it does not reset them either. so if you want it for that don't both.
but if it is for logging data then yes it does what you want.

wintertidenz
17-05-2010, 10:59 PM
It's just for logging data through Evoscan, so sounds like it will do what I need.

The cable is already picked up through Evoscan, just that it times out... will play around tonight.

Cheers guys!

Davezj
17-05-2010, 11:06 PM
is it plugged in tot the car when it times out?

And is pin 1 Grounded on the diag port on the car.

wintertidenz
18-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah it's plugged in to the car.

Haven't grounded pin 1 yet, hence me confirming about pin 1 - pin 4 grounding.

wintertidenz
18-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Okay, I can confirm that the cable now works great in the car, now I have to work out Evoscan and how to log stuff for the pod filter/airbox runs.

However, I can't check ABS or AYC ECU details - I remember something about pin 9, does this pin need to be removed to activate these?

Nick Mann
18-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Okay, I can confirm that the cable now works great in the car, now I have to work out Evoscan and how to log stuff for the pod filter/airbox runs.

However, I can't check ABS or AYC ECU details - I remember something about pin 9, does this pin need to be removed to activate these?

Same thread as I linked to before.

wintertidenz
18-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Doh, need to read more carefully! Thanks.