PDA

View Full Version : Hectic day arranging a trip to Delhi

martin_y
18-05-2010, 03:14 PM
So a colleague has gone off sick and so I need to get to Delhi on Monday for 5 days work.

Been slaving away at the visa app process all day.

I'm quite looking forward to it, if my constitution can handle it - My colleague says to start taking immodium before I even arrive ! lol!

miller
18-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow how exciting to have to drop everything to dash off to Delhi!

giblet
18-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Not been to delhi myself, have been to Pakistan a few times to see relatives though. All I can say is just stick to bottled water or in my case bottles of fizzy drinks. And get ready for the intense heat!

foxdie
18-05-2010, 03:21 PM
My Grandfather is Indian and even he still gets "Delhi-belly" whenever he visits..

Jane
18-05-2010, 03:24 PM
We have a small office in Delhi (well, Noida, actually) and although I have not yet been lucky enough to visit, most of the staff that have been have managed to avoid illness - all except our Chairmans son, who ended up in hospital with dysentry!!

I'd love to go though - have fun :)

orionn2o
18-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm off to India for the fourth time in August.

My only advice is drink lots of alcohol in the evenings, stay away from salads and as before drink bottled water.

Doesnt hurt to have some alcohol gel or wet wipes to hand for general sanitation.

Be prepared for mental road journeys !! and to see crazy things! :) Like any country, be careful of dodgy people, pick pockets etc.

Overall it's a great experience .

BTW its worth checking this site if you havent :

http://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/asia-(east)/india.aspx

miller
18-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Be prepared for mental road journeys !! and to see crazy things! :) Like any country, be careful of dodgy people, pick pockets etc.

Bit like Scotland then :satan:

orionn2o
18-05-2010, 03:52 PM
And Ireland ;)

miller
18-05-2010, 04:01 PM
no worse than Kent then! :chugchug: :karate: :thumbsup:

martin_y
18-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I cant get a business visa in time, so its probably off. My company, unbelievably, asked me to go on a tourist visa.

I told them I will do no such thing!!!!

miller
18-05-2010, 09:14 PM
I cant get a business visa in time, so its probably off. My company, unbelievably, asked me to go on a tourist visa.

I told them I will do no such thing!!!!

Ha ha ha Why didnt you say you would, then when you get there go walkabout for a week!!! /Devil5 /Devil5

martin_y
19-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Yea, I should have done that !