PDA

View Full Version : Rear fog tell tale / light?

Kryton
19-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Can anyone help? I have a UK FL VR4 & I have no rear fog tell tale light appearing to let me know if the light is on or not. Once these are on, is the light meant to appear on the switch or the dash? Can someone upload a picture to help? I know that on most of the imports it is on the switch but I can't for the life of me remember what it was like on any of my other Galants. My old MR2 & Evo failed the MOT's for not having one (but not due on this for 9 months) & I know i'm not likely to need it for a few months but it is bugging the hell out of me knowing that it isn't working!!!!! Please help :)

JTG
19-05-2010, 07:29 PM
My v6 was indicated on the dash.

Nick Mann
19-05-2010, 07:36 PM
VR4's are all aftermarket switches - the tell tale is normally in the switch itself. I have seen so many different designs, there isn't much point speculating what yours should do.

Kryton
19-05-2010, 07:41 PM
So does that mean that if I strip my dash out, I might be able to do some soldering to connect to an existing part of the display or are the vr4 ones completely different. I know they obviously gain the ayc lights but is there a chance there could aready be a slot for the light,

JTG
19-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Hmm, you'd have thought Ralliart UK would have retrofit a bulb.

Kryton
19-05-2010, 08:09 PM
That's what I though, especially as the switch is a mitsi part, so convinced it should be in the dash display, just a case of whether it is just a blown bulb or could be re-wired. Its needed for an mot so its got to be somewhere

White Lightning
19-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Is there perhaps a bulb in the switch that has gone?

Kryton
19-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't honestly know. I was hoping someone would know without resorting to me taking it apart + hoping. I'm sure someone must know, oracles or the vr4 havnt ever let me down :D

Atik
19-05-2010, 09:26 PM
As Nick suggested, each car was configured for fogs differently so cant speculate how yours should be. But, there is already a built in rear fog icon in the dash cluster. If you pull the dash cluster/clocks out you can see that the rear fog light icon has been blanked with a small sticker. If you run some small wiring to that bulb, you can get it to display as it should have from the factory. I have done this in my car and have separate front a rear fog indicators on the dash cluster.

I'll see if I can dig the thread out...
See post 34 in this thread for the rear fog icon...
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39076&page=2&highlight=fog+light+switch
Its there in every car I believe, but is blanked out on the rear. I just ran some bell wire from the switch; ground to one side of the light bulb and positive from the switched live to the other side of the bulb.

Kryton
19-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Superb. Club vr4 come up trumps again! Worth every penny of the £20. Thanks for your help

psbarham
20-05-2010, 08:15 AM
face lift cars don't have the icon on the dash, its blanked :(
i got round it by fitting a pfl trim thingy so i could have the rear fog warning light, what a sado i am

Atik
20-05-2010, 09:46 AM
face lift cars don't have the icon on the dash, its blanked :(

Thats good info /yes

/STP Another reason why fail-lifts fail :smart:

psbarham
20-05-2010, 08:24 PM
/STP Another reason why fail-lifts fail :smart:

how is your random tcl issue ?? still being a pain? /STP :p