PDA

View Full Version : Front fog lights independent of headlights

GroundControl
19-05-2010, 11:41 PM
So I got a replacement foglight switch off Kenneth yesterday (thanks :))

With the old switch I could turn on and off the spots completely independently of the headlight switch, but with the new switch the spots will only operate if the headlight switch is not in the 'Off' position. Not actually an issue, just different.

What does everyone else's do? (mine's a 97 prefacelift, and the switch is out of another 97 prefacelift apparently).

JTG
20-05-2010, 12:55 AM
My facelift fogs only work when headlights are not 'off'. Same applied to my 2000 v6 Sport (wired the same as a pre facelift).

Edit, of course switching the fogs on brings the sidelights on also, regardless of the stalk position.

bradc
20-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Mine are independant of what the headlights are doing on at least my 96 ST-R and facelift VR-4

Nick VR4
20-05-2010, 07:19 AM
I think UK law states side lights have to be on too with fog lights

Nick Mann
20-05-2010, 10:07 AM
My front fogs switch forces sidelights on too if the headlights are switched off. All 3 VR4's I have owned did this. Conversely, both UK V6's I owned needed the lights switched to on for the front fogs to work. The switches were different, though, the UK cars did not mechanically latch.

CANDEE
20-05-2010, 10:38 AM
So I got a replacement foglight switch off Kenneth yesterday (thanks :))

With the old switch I could turn on and off the spots completely independently of the headlight switch, but with the new switch the spots will only operate if the headlight switch is not in the 'Off' position. Not actually an issue, just different.

What does everyone else's do? (mine's a 97 prefacelift, and the switch is out of another 97 prefacelift apparently).
If I remember rightly I had this going on my old car.... The bonus of this is that you dont have to remember to turn your spots on and off as well as the headlights..

I did this by disconnecting one of the black with orange stripe(think it was with orange stripe) wires. There should be teo. With both on they should no the normal thing, with only one they will do it how you have it now...

J

HMG1K
20-05-2010, 07:25 PM
My facelift V6 allows the front fogs on with just the sidelights on.

Switch the engine off, take the keys with you, and if you haven't switched the lights off, they stay on. Yep, even the headlights and front fogs. Of course, the beeeeeep 'lights on' buzzer sounds.

Subaru ETA
20-05-2010, 10:52 PM
in bothe my vr4 and str i could turn the fog lights on independently of the headlights and it would force the park lights on.

in my airtrek however i have to have at least the park lights on before they will work. could be the difference of them being wired as fog lights and driving lights?

Adam.Findlay
21-05-2010, 12:25 AM
my fogs are completly independent of the headlight's which is kind of annoying because if i want to have the fogs on i have to individually have them on and turn them off specificly after i turn the headlights off. i would like it if when the headlighs are off the fogs are off too. its happened once where i have accidently left my fogs on and got a dead battery :(

Subaru ETA
21-05-2010, 12:50 AM
my ones buzzed if left on, just like the head light buzzer

Zitchu
21-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Also independent. But with the broken switch I'm sick of it falling off and having to fish it out from under the seat every time I put my foot down....

VR4Kaos
21-05-2010, 06:54 AM
i need my headlights on for fogs to work must be cos its a Super lol

wintertidenz
21-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Independent.

Nitephyre
22-05-2010, 04:35 AM
Independent, but beeps :)