PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go to get tyres fitted ??

Wodjno
20-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I mean Tyres that you have purchased elsewhere ? ie.. Camskill, ebay, mytyres, blackcircles etc.

I have always used Formula 1 Motor centre here where i live. Always had good service from them and good price also..

I used to pay £7.50 fitted and balanced. That jumped up last year to £10.50...

Now it's jumped up to £13.80 per tyre :uhoh:

What do you pay where u go and where do u go ?

Cheers

Wodj

miller
20-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Nottingham 4wheel alignment have charged me £30 in the past for fitting four tyres to wheels. Some places are funny about fitting own supplied tyres.

Best bet would be a non national tyre place.

Wodjno
20-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Nottingham 4wheel alignment have charged me £30 in the past for fitting four tyres to wheels. Some places are funny about fitting own supplied tyres.

Best bet would be a non national tyre place.

Well thats inline with the £7.50 i used to pay /yes Is that there usual price? Or have u only been there the once ?

MPBVr4
20-05-2010, 02:33 PM
£5.00 cash per wheel. Small family business locally.

Wodjno
20-05-2010, 02:35 PM
£5.00 cash per wheel. Small family business locally.

:( Thats an awesome price /yes

Or maybe ?? /Hmmm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-TYRE-CHANGER-MACHINE-WHEEL-BALANCER-PACKAGE-/350343540716?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51921a2fec

ANTHONY
20-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Or maybe ?? /Hmmm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-TYRE-CHANGER-MACHINE-WHEEL-BALANCER-PACKAGE-/350343540716?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51921a2fec but i think thats a little bit more than £5.00 per wheel /secret

Wodjno
20-05-2010, 02:44 PM
but i think thats a little bit more than £5.00 per wheel /secret

It is /yes

But i'm not paying £5 per wheel :lipsrseal
And i have had 6 tyres fitted, 1 puncture and 1 tyre taken off and the rim resealed and refitted in 10 days :o

So it's soon stacks up /Hmmm

Don't think it would take to long at £10 a tyre recoup and start earning .. Also by using Camskill as supplier of tyres, i would make a bit on those as well as most people have never heard of them and also prefer to get tyres direct from where there having them fitted /yes

sonicsoundzdj
20-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I use ETS. Its a 10er per wheels or 12 if there 18'' or bigger. Iv used them for a few bits ic had done and they always have good service and prices.

giblet
20-05-2010, 03:54 PM
I recently paid 11 quid a tyre recently on 18" wheels for fitting and balancing

HJM
20-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Local Rapid Fit £5 a corner :)

Nick Mann
20-05-2010, 05:08 PM
My local guy is £5 a corner, fitted & balanced.

stuey
20-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Most of them near me won't fit owner supplied tyres, and the other independants charge about £15 a wheel.

I think fitters are getting wise to cheaper online bought tyres now, and charging accordingly, which I can understand as they're losing sales.. Makes saving that few quid online seem pointless most of the time..

lancerevo3
20-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Now it's jumped up to £13.80 per tyre :uhoh:

Wodj
jesus you better get one of those machines quick
almost 60 quid for four **** me

Louis
20-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I use family guy in glasgow, BUT, he won't fit tyres supplied by other companies, (in line with kwik fit and central and main tyre and exhaust places, who say they don't do it for health and safety reasons, and they can't be responsible for any failures. in theory they could be sued for a tyre failure of a tyre they never supplied).

BUT, I usually print out the quote from "whoever online" or camskill, take it to him and he matches the price and adds fitting and balancing at £7.50 each, (he doesn't charge for carcass disposal), that way everyone is happy :)

Davezj
20-05-2010, 10:06 PM
there is place near me in stockport that will do a full strip and referb of you wells and fit the tyre for £40 a corner. so if you have new tyres to go on you can effectivley take off the £10 a corner it was going to cost you to get them fitted in the first place so it is actually costing £30 a corner fron the refurb, can't beat that.
they do a full strip/paint removal and clean of the wheel and repair any cirb damage and respray the wheel any colour you like. drop the wheels off in the morning and pick them up in the evening.

ANTHONY
20-05-2010, 10:12 PM
It is /yes

But i'm not paying £5 per wheel :lipsrseal
And i have had 6 tyres fitted, 1 puncture and 1 tyre taken off and the rim resealed and refitted in 10 days :o

So it's soon stacks up /Hmmm

Don't think it would take to long at £10 a tyre recoup and start earning .. Also by using Camskill as supplier of tyres, i would make a bit on those as well as most people have never heard of them and also prefer to get tyres direct from where there having them fitted /yesnow that sounds like a good idea when you put it that way

lancerevo3
20-05-2010, 10:12 PM
there is place near me in stockport that will do a full strip and referb of you wells and fit the tyre for £40 a corner. so if you have new tyres to go on you can effectivley take off the £10 a corner it was going to cost you to get them fitted in the first place so it is actually costing £30 a corner fron the refurb, can't beat that.
they do a full strip/paint removal and clean of the wheel and repair any cirb damage and respray the wheel any colour you like. drop the wheels off in the morning and pick them up in the evening.

Thats very good value for money

Wodjno
20-05-2010, 10:13 PM
What even with a polished rim /Hmmm

Avenger
20-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I just the tyre machine at work.
Costs nothing, although the boss tends to moan if we use it a lot.
Don't have a balancer though.

It's possible to do them by hand with tyre levers, just like truck tyres, but it's not an easy knack to acquire! Especially for large low profiles on alloy wheels.

WildCards
20-05-2010, 11:59 PM
I used to use the local Formula 1 all the time until I had some wheels pinched the night after i'd had some GSD3's fitted to the 306. Circumstances led me to believe it was the grunts that worked in that place that had half inched my wheels and tyres, battery and radio.

Now, the local Walkers quick fit place can almost match Goodyear tyres to whatever I can find online so I just use them. £7.50 per tyre anyway.

taylor
21-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Joys of having mates in the tyre business. free fititng free balancing. Wheel alignments for a box of beer...