PDA

View Full Version : Cracked discs

enigma
15-08-2004, 06:43 PM
WOW! Now I know why I had so much vibration under braking! It started on the way to Oxford on Thursday........guess a few heating and cooling cycles has really pushed them to the limit!!

Physician
15-08-2004, 07:55 PM
WOW! Now I know why I had so much vibration under braking! It started on the way to Oxford on Thursday........guess a few heating and cooling cycles has really pushed them to the limit!!

I thought you knew they were cracked Dave ........ didn't you say that on a previous post ?

New ones then ? :sad3:

enigma
15-08-2004, 07:57 PM
I posted in Oxford in an internet cafe to say they were cracked, but I hadn't appreciated how badly!

New ones are on their way! In the mean time its back to the standard ones.

zedy1
15-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Are the still on the warranty?

Brind
15-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Besides looking good/different would you say they are better than standard?

Looking at the design and where it cracked, they don't look to be that great to me.

Nick VR4
15-08-2004, 09:28 PM
$hit
That is bad
Glad you found it a now and not later if you know what I mean

wirdy
15-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Jees, Dave! Lucky they gave some death throes!

Would it be vindictive to begin a club Chant.............

"National Disks & Ferodo pads",

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Wodjno
15-08-2004, 09:56 PM
There quite bad Dave .. How many miles ??

Spirit
15-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Dave

In your expert opinion, do you think they are worth all the extra money ?

My National discs when through three track days, and whilst they showed the wear of heavy abuse they lasted 14 months, and considering they are £130 a set isn't that 3 sets for the price of those Rotordiscs ?

enigma
15-08-2004, 10:04 PM
I would say they were better than standard and they look good. I am not too concerned that they only lasted 10 months, I dont expect any others would fair better under the brutal useage!

Wodjno
15-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Dave , just looking at those discs again .. ! It looks like the pads protrude over the edge of the scalloped out part of the disc (scalloped ?? couldn't think of another way of describing it :dozey: ) is this the case .. and if the pad runs upto this edge or over it it , doesen't that mean that ther is less metal to dissipate the heat from hard braking .. ?? looking at where the disc has cracked , its at one of the lower poins of the disc where there is less metal .. This may inturn be causing hot spots at this point at the cause of the crack .. Maybe Rotor Discs Didn't do enuff testing of this product ?? I can see in there design where the shape of them will effect cooling upto a point ,but when the air cannot cool enuff these lower points are taking more heat build up , weakening them and BLAM !! :rolleyes5