PDA

View Full Version : Well pee'd off. Someone has stole my tow eye cover.

aboo
20-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I cant believe it.

Last month when I 1st stripped down the front of the car I re-fitted my tow eye cover with 2 X 10p size washers & a bolt each side of the cover.

Went out this morning to go to work & had a look at the state of the front of my car with dead flies after the drive home from Japfest on Sunday & noticed the cover was gone.

I thought that the wife had hit a kerb or speed bump & it had been ripped off but no.

Had a look & the bolts were gone too & the hole where the bolts went through were intact.

Who would want it cause I know most of the VR4's In & around Aberdeen.

I'm well pee'd off.

Kryton
20-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I can't believe what thieving little sods are about. They will nick anything! Probably thought it would look good on a Nova or something. Went out to mine a few weeks back & someone has tried to get my Mitsi 3 diamonds badge of the back. In the process, not only did they snap the badge & leave two of the diamonds on the car, but scratched my boot in several places in the process trying!!! Ba57ards

elnevio
20-05-2010, 08:09 PM
The bolts could have come undone? Unlikely, but possible I suppose, given, as you say, I can't imagine what good a towing-eye cover is to most tea-leaves!

justjon
20-05-2010, 08:24 PM
This is not good news...mind you, mine is the only Meister Blue one around here so I should be safe

aboo
20-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Possible Nev but unlikely I think.

I put the bolts threw from the top & nut on the bottom. The bolts were quite long & I was going to swap it round cause I was thinking they might catch something.

It is a puzzle cause they would have been a PITA to take off without jacking the car up.

Its no good to no one without a PF Galant or VR4.

20M estate
20-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Gutting fella. Have a look on fleabay for it!!!!!!!!
Just a thought!!!

Spirit
20-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Went out this morning to go to work & had a look at the state of the front of my car with dead flies after the drive home from Japfest on Sunday & noticed the cover was gone.

Are you sure it was on there when you left Japfest /cough :uhoh:

Only kidding mate.....soz to hear some scrote has knicked it.......barstewards

aboo
20-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah it was there Pete:)

HPRULZ
20-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I also have mine bolted in but have to regularly replace the bolts as I have a tendency to grind the heads away on speed bumps!

Kev

SGHOM
20-05-2010, 10:12 PM
FS: Uk: Tow eye cover in Hamilton silver.

Found attached to a supermarket trolley in tesco, Aberdeen :vulcan:

aboo
20-05-2010, 10:19 PM
FS: Uk: Tow eye cover in Hamilton silver.

Found attached to a supermarket trolley in tesco, Aberdeen :vulcan:Hehe:)

pedro
20-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Thats pretty irritating!! :microwave ..................................

Though i did have a funny thought of random ransom notes being posted through your door with pics of it gagged and tied to a chair, with a light shining in its eyes.(if they had eyes)

Or pics of it in foreign countries or with random celebs....../lol

.......................................Still pretty irritating though!! :coat

aboo
20-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Thats pretty irritating!! :microwave ..................................

Though i did have a funny thought of random ransom notes being posted through your door with pics of it gagged and tied to a chair, with a light shining in its eyes.(if they had eyes)

Or pics of it in foreign countries or with random celebs....../lol

.......................................Still pretty irritating though!! :coatYour all cheering
me up. Could be a neighbour thats pissed off with the zorst & the bov.

As long as the bov doesnt go next.:)

pedro
20-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Your all cheering
me up. Could be a neighbour thats pissed off with the zorst & the bov.

As long as the bov doesnt go next.:)

Would keep the tow eye cover company...............

aboo
20-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Would keep the tow eye cover company...............Yeah but the next thing to go would be the zorst/TTTH

gallvr4
20-05-2010, 10:39 PM
sorry to here this andy.........but it could have been worse

left the cover and took the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedro
20-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Fcuk it. Id just take the car and leave the tow eye cover........./lol

pedro
20-05-2010, 10:40 PM

/duh

Dont you just hate it when that happens!!!!!

aboo
20-05-2010, 10:41 PM

Your right. Never thought about that.

gallvr4
20-05-2010, 10:43 PM
/duh

Dont you just hate it when that happens!!!!!

great minds and all that............/Banana :smartass2

pedro
20-05-2010, 10:45 PM
great minds and all that............/Banana :smartass2

Dude, don't belittle youself!! /lol

VR4Kaos
20-05-2010, 11:12 PM
sorry to hear some lil tw@t has done this mate i lost mine myself and now gutted for my sillyness on that speed bump but to have it stole well thats something else init.
Get one of them keyring camera's set up on the sunviser with a large memory card and a duracell battery when you replace it that way if you spot who it is ya can burn the little tw@ts fingers till they effing blister!!! theives go and buy your effin own ya effin tramps sorry rage over i just hate tea leaves

pedro
20-05-2010, 11:16 PM
sorry to hear some lil tw@t has done this mate i lost mine myself and now gutted for my sillyness on that speed bump but to have it stole well thats something else init.
Get one of them keyring camera's set up on the sunviser with a large memory card and a duracell battery when you replace it that way if you spot who it is ya can burn the little tw@ts fingers till they effing blister!!! theives go and buy your effin own ya effin tramps sorry rage over i just hate tea leaves

Yikes!!

aboo
20-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I'v got one of them camera's & the thought did cross my mined.

apeman69
21-05-2010, 12:46 AM
I'd put my money on the neighbour scenario especially if you fitted it outside your house and took an obvious moment to admire your handywork. Jealousy stinks! I try to do any jobs away from my house for this very reason: not that I do many jobs myself!

AlanDITD
21-05-2010, 01:02 AM
most of Andy's jobs are done at Crail /lol

Gutted matey, i lost mine/petes/vr4-ish on the way to Crail...driving along and then woosh it shot out the back into traffic LOL

Phoenix
21-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Little sh!t5. The only thing is maybe keep an eye on the other VR4's in your area?

mike74
21-05-2010, 09:09 AM
thats nae so good mate :(
just be glad there was no other damage done to car car if nothing else. im sure it could've been a lot worse!
theres no chance of anyone nicking the one off my galoon though, perhaps replace it with a non-scabby one out of charity :P
i frikkin HATE theives!!!