PDA

View Full Version : I'm probably screwed...

martin_y
21-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I bought a very clever cat flap that reads the cat's chip and only opens for them.

The trouble is it never arrived, I've been refunded by the credit card company (thank g*d I didnt use Paylpal!), but the vendor is contesting it.

I bought the flap from James Winsoar, who passes him self off everywhere as some sort of internet marketing guru. The delivery Co called in Jan, when we had all that snow. They left a card, tried a re-delivery, and then left a card saying I had to choose another delivery option. I was willing to collect, but a search on the internet could not reveal any branch location for DPD couriers. So I go on-line and I choose "Leave the parcel at the gate" or similar, and I sign their card and a few days later, another card left through the door that says I must now collect at the depot. The ref No on this new card comes up with nought, or at least "Invalid ref No"

My wife phones the courier, they cant explain this card and its irrelevant ref No, but they claim they have delivered the parcel. She phones again to be told its at the depot, and she phoned a 3rd time and she's told another story.

At this point we phone the guru (sic) from www.microchipcatflaps.co.uk, but after holding on for 1/2 hour, the line goes dead. She phones again and again, there's either no answer, or gets cut off, but she manages to leave a voice mail. On one occasion, his answer phone says he'll be back in October !!

Then she emails, but it bounces, so I email him and it doesnt bounce, but theres no response. I email again with no response. I call, but no answer. Then I find him on Twitter, and I send him a message there. Of course, no response.

At this point we gave up, bought a flap from the manufacturer, and asked Tesco Credit Card for a refund, which was duly given.

A few weeks later, he emails me asking why I asked for the refund. (oh, so NOW his email is working fine!).

I set out the above for him, and part of his response is an apology, saying "Sorry you did not receive a good service" and "Glad its all sorted now".

fair enoughskie...

But then I get a letter from Tesco Credit card, showing some printout from the courier saying the goods have been delivered, and he wants to reverse our credit.

I laid out the above for the CC company, and I am awaiting their response.

So, its the courier Co's word against mine. They say its possible that the parcel was stolen from next to the house by the gate. I agree its possible, but its not likely. Although we've only moved here in Dec, we looked at buying another house in the same estate, and the seller had left her bike outside, unlocked for 6 years !!!

So I am not sure what will happen now. Its £120 I dont want to write off.

1) What do you think the CC Co will do next?
2) What are my options if they reverse my credit?
3) Do I go to the police and report it stolen?
4) I doubt I could claim from household insurance, theres no forced entry or anything like that, eh?

elnevio
21-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I hate it when these people stuff you around like this.

Looks to me like they'd have a hard time pursuing it from you. And the service is totally shocking to say the least.

See what the CC company say first, I suppose.

Spirit
21-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Surely the delivery company have to supply a signature to confirm the delivery was made ?

martin_y
21-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Spirit, I signed a card, which I left outside, and I think they collected that, because its gone. But then why did I get a card saying "collect at the depot", with a ref on it thats unknown?

lancerevo3
21-05-2010, 08:54 PM
cancel credit and leave him whistle for it:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

martin_y
22-05-2010, 08:00 AM
lancerevo£, do you mean I should cancel the credit card altogether? the thought did cross my mind!

Spirit
22-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure that would release you from the debt if the CC company reverse their decision.....and you don't want your credit history ruined for the sake of £120, should they default you.

I would consider reporting it to the police as stolen and then letting the CC know the crime number. If it's worth claiming on your home insurance I'm not sure, especially with an excess to pay and losing any NCB you may have with them.

lancerevo3
22-05-2010, 04:01 PM
if it was me thats what i would do personally as it seems youve been giving the runaround bigtime and you have your money back.just my opinion on what i would do martin.
keeps us posted on the out come

mark

martin_y
23-05-2010, 07:43 AM
If it was a method of giving the seller the run-around, I would do it, but I dont want to mess around the CC company, -they've done nothing wrong, also, that would paint me in a bad light, and then they're more likely to take his side.

VR-04-TT
23-05-2010, 11:28 PM
Do you guys have a Consumer Affairs, or Department of Fair Trading? ie: a gov't body that ensures fair trading practices etc. I'd be getting in contact with them and asking them what to do.