PDA

View Full Version : Rear Quarter Hide and Seek

Phil S
16-08-2004, 10:52 AM
My electric Aerial bust at the weekend, was taking a look when noticed that it was pretty easy for small items to fall into the botton of the quarters from the boot. Had a feel about and found a 17mm spanner rattling around one side and a 17mm socket the other! Also found a coke bottle and a pool of water where the drain grommet/hole was all gunked up. Definately worth checking tio see what you can find - and to make sure that the water is draining away properly!

Kieran
16-08-2004, 11:23 AM
On a related note, I've been attacking Hordak's arches with underseal this weekend. I would strongly recommend anyone to do this. Mitsubishi's rust proofing and undersealing leaves a lot to be desired, particularly when you remove the front wheel arch liners!

I've only managed to do one side of the car, so I'll take some photos when I do the other.

Japmetal
21-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I have a 12mm spanner lodged in the rear panel of my car; I know this because I dropped it there - by accident ! - when refitting my rear lights after tinting them :$

Thankfully it doesnt ratlle, so I guess it will lay there until it disintegrates into nothing !

Kieran
22-08-2004, 06:32 PM
I have a 12mm spanner lodged in the rear panel of my car <snip>

Thankfully it doesnt ratlle, so I guess it will lay there until it disintegrates into nothing !

I think your car has quite a head start in that department!!! :lipsrseal :-D :laugh:

Wind forward to 2009 and a post from Japmetal...

"For Sale, one 12mm spanner, complete with rusted Galant! :-D"

Tee-Hee! :$

Japmetal
23-08-2004, 10:51 PM
You can laugh when you can catch me ;)