PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 galant shocks?

lancerevo3
22-05-2010, 03:32 PM
friend of mine has crashed his galant which he fitted 4 new shocks to about a month ago.as i need shocks im wondering will the shocks do my vr4 legnum if i use my current springs?

thanks in advance
mark

ANTHONY
22-05-2010, 04:54 PM
when i had my 2.0 galant sport i fitted shocks from a VR4 no problem i belive its the spring ratings that are different, fitting the other way around should be ok

The Vee
22-05-2010, 05:01 PM
They may well fit ok but I would suggest the damping rates are different (softer) maybe someone with ASA can confirm part numbers? One other thing, do bear in mind you may find you have to swap over the top mount housing as the studs on the vr4 that come through the inner wing are longer to accomodate the extra thick ness when the strut brace is fitted. It will still fit on a V6 but there aint much excess thread when brace fitted. Cant swear it's the case on the latest sports etc but certainly was on pre-face and intermediate face-lift.

lancerevo3
22-05-2010, 06:35 PM
when i had my 2.0 galant sport i fitted shocks from a VR4 no problem i belive its the spring ratings that are different, fitting the other way around should be ok
did you notice any difference in ride quality i.e stiffer or softer?

lancerevo3
22-05-2010, 06:40 PM
One other thing, do bear in mind you may find you have to swap over the top mount housing as the studs on the vr4 that come through the inner wing are longer to accomodate the extra thick ness when the strut brace is fitted.
good thinking ,i will use allother parts from the vr4 except shocks if i can find out if theres much difference in ride etc