PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Galant.

20M estate
23-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Right guys, just casually looking on car sites/autotrader/fleabay etc at Galants or anything interesting, I came across this. I didn't want to bid in case another 'box turned out to be a thousand times more than the car is worth. I have seen a couple of Galants with the 'box fubbered so I guess this may be the weak point on Galants. What do you all think of the price it went for? Any info appreciated. It was a 2000 w plate estate v6, good all round condition, etc, just jumps out of 3rd (on the overrun I'm guessing)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260601472747&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

apeman69
23-05-2010, 01:49 PM
220,000 miles and it looks like it's had a hard life to me! If I bought it to run then I'd be a bit concerned about components being on their last legs at that sort of mileage as the interior doesn't look like it's been cared for so what else may have been neglected over the years?
Anyone buying this to break would make their money back from the LPG kit and a few spares I reckon, so the price was probably good.

Roylewaa
23-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes I was looking at that, even thought about chucking a bid it, just for the interior and a few other bits and pieces etc

Don't know if the rear seats fitted in a saloon so decided against it

apeman69
23-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes I was looking at that, even thought about chucking a bid it, just for the interior and a few other bits and pieces etc
You'd be better asking on here if someone has a saloon leather interior and the bits you need. I'm sure somebody will have them and it would be cheaper and easier and more than likely in better condition.

20M estate
23-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Cheers guys, yes, 220k would probably mean a good breaker.