PDA

View Full Version : I had fun tonight!

Brind
20-06-2003, 11:59 PM
F**ING HELL I LOVE THIS CAR! :Eyecrazy:

Just went out for a couple of drinks with some mates.
I had no intention of showing off or being stupid or whatever, just driving me pride and joy secretely only thinking of the car rather than any conversation.
I had to drive a couple of miles through light traffic and the usual 30mph roads. I eventually came to the beggining of the motorway which starts on a roundabout but has a very tight left to get onto the slip road, bear in mind I haven't driven the car all week since I'm always working and the VR-4 isn't my main car, anyway, as I go through the roundabout and the tight left I put my foot to the floor like you do! bare in mind I'm kinda zig zagging to get on.
As I turn the left ALL THREE lights came up! I think it's because I was accelerating hard rather turning very tight, needless to say I'm on the motorway in seconds.

I came to a cruising speed of about 90 ish, the motorway is dead clear.
I then notice a new black Celica hairing up behind, I knew there would be no point showing him who the guvvvnor! is!:cool: but he had the cheek to come around me.. so what do you do? you can't have that?:nono:
I sped up a little and was soon approaching slower cars, so I pulled out behind the Celica, at which point he appeared to speed up a little.
But as the road cleared he went back in but he was still going fairly quick so I thought okay this is what I've got!:cool: foot welded to the floor and the beast dropped to 3RD!:eek: how the hell it found power down there I'll never know but believe me it did! then before I knew it she was crying at 7K then upto 4th 2 seconds later she was upto 7K again! at which point I shut her down as she was approaching 130mph FAST!:beerbang:
I came back down to around 85 ish and the Celica appeared behind but he only caught up when I had slowed for a while.

For the rest of the motorway I just cruised while the Celica was just hanging back.
As the motorway ends there is a huge roundabout again this time it has about 6 roads coming off it and I want the far right, so, clear roundabout! lets try the AYC again! :D
Foot to the floor heads flying backwards, I take this roundabout at an unbelieveable rate! didn't look at speed but I was going quick, I didn't noticed 2 lights up this time but the tyres were screeching and this is really what unnerved me! as the last time I heard that while I was driving the car ended up the other side of the road after doing a 180!
Anyway I didn't feel a thing!! it was on rails, okay so the tyres was screeching but it didn't move an inch! where I was steering it was where she wanted to go!:bow:

A little down that road is where the pub was so I took it easy as it's a 30 again, pulled into the carpark and let her run for a while since she had some fun, turned off the engine and all at once you heard "F**KING HELL!" :D :D

Pescha
21-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Were there claw makes in the seats where your mates were holding on from? And is their hair white now? lol....

I love kill stories!

Cheers,:D
Pescha!

Spirit
21-06-2003, 07:28 AM
:D There's that nasty streak in you again mate ! LOL

"Come out for a beer guys, and I will make you **** yourselves" LOL !

Good story mate, I have yet to really push the AYC to the limit but I will have a go this weekend now that my new pads/discs have bedded in.

:bow: to AYC !

Brind
21-06-2003, 05:27 PM
No claw marks but there was a funny smell..:o

Nasty streak? it's all lies someone has been spreading rumours!;) :D

I hate being a passenger when someone is driving fast or manic, I end up trying to push the virtual brake etc.:)

AYC is God!:bow:
But take it easy Pete:)
I'm amazed how it did it, so effortless too.

I am definietly going for the same brake setup you have Pete, not sure what condition they are but I'll wait till the pads need doing and I'll change them all.
I have no judder or anything but I do have solid vented discs which I really want to upgrade.
I had a look to see what the pads were and rears are Mintex pads, can't see the fronts because of the calipers but I'd guess they're the same.

Are Mintex any good? I've heard of them..

landy
21-06-2003, 10:34 PM
i think think the nasty streak was the ones in your mates pants, lol, but i bet they had the time of their lives.:D

you done well to get 3 bars, i've only managed 2 so far.

talking of brakes, i think my pads are a bit low INSERT INTO post VALUES ( there is a high pitched noise coming from the wheels when traveling. the guy from the local mitsy dealer says it is a sensor which tells you when the pads are low - is this true ?? )

anyway i fancy going the whole hog and changing the discs aswell. i've seen some reasonably priced ones at http://cars.potn.com/

pete, what discs/pads have you got and how much ?

AntonyBaker
21-06-2003, 11:26 PM
I have only ever managed to get two lights up as well and that was doing a donut !

Well done for managing three and keeping it on the road !

Ant

BraindG
21-06-2003, 11:53 PM
to get three you really have to throw it into a corner, at speed. no pansy putting the power down coming out of corners..

Spirit
22-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Guys

For those of you who have not seen the other threads - I have 8 grooved front discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads now fitted - the discs were originally gonna be Pagid but ended up being National Sport INSERT INTO post VALUES (TUV approved) and I am real happy so far.

Cost ? £202 for the parts - yes you read it right - £202 for the front discs and pads - thats less than half the cost of standard Mitsy discs/pads ! Of course add P+P for mail order.

Anyone who wants the contact details for these then PM me - at present this is being kept a little under wraps until we set up a club shop, but I have a local contact for the club and have a great deal for us in the making.

Pete

Spirit
22-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Pic:

PAUL
07-07-2003, 11:08 AM
I bought a set of the 8 groove discs and ferodo pads and although not fully bedded in they are ten times better than standard and for the price are definatley woirth it.

Thanks again Pete.

See ya all at JAE.

Paul.
:)

Nik77
07-07-2003, 02:28 PM
errrr..... I have had my Legnum for 5days... i lit up two lights on the M3 / M25 jctn on my way home from collecting the car. By the time i got Home INSERT INTO post VALUES (kent) all three lights had come up and tyres screaming!

God I love this car!!!

Nik77

Spirit
07-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Paul

Glad you are happy mate - did you get them from my local guy and what did he charge you for P+P ?

Pete

PAUL
08-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Yes mate happy as Larry thanks, I ordered them from the guy near you called simon, the P+P was about £12 I think.
Good value for money better than Mitsi prices and better quality.

See ya at JAE

P.S are you staying near Northampton on the Saturday Pete?
If you are, give me call we can meet up for a beer if you got time, Pudd said he's going on Saturday too.

All the best

Paul. Tel 0777 328 7551

Spirit
08-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Paul

We are staying at a hotel in Northampton on the Saturday night - can't remember the name right now as Mrs got info but is quite posh :D INSERT INTO post VALUES (not often we get away without the little 'un)