PDA

View Full Version : A farewell to Club VR4

Eric
24-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I had hoped to make this announcement with letting everyone know that Ariadne was back up and running. Due to work issues taking me away and a wrist injury I have not been able to get her back together. New engine and tranny are ready to go in just dont have the time or ability (due to my wrist) to get her back up and running. The potential new owner will be doing the assembly and joining here.

As most of you who know me, know that I am in the US Military stationed over here, and my time has came to an end. On 1 July I move on to my new base in Illinois and am unsure if I will return for any extended period of time.

In my time on here with Club Vr4 I have made a ton of new friends and learned a huge amount. Some of you I know more than others and want to thank everyone for making me feel welcome at the meets.

I know that I am still only a few clicks away but feel the need to say goodbye, at least for face to face meets.

Im not leaving the world of Mitsubishis but just going a little older, I have a few new candidates lined up 1G and 2G Eclipses and a few 6G VR4s to tempt me. /rally

I have a going away party on 4 June starting at 1800 in my local pub in PE8 5ST and all are welcome.

In the end a farewell Club Vr4

Nick Mann
24-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Good luck in the future, bud. Pop back on and let us know what you end up driving next! And it would be good to see your VR4 back up and running with someone - make sure the new owner posts up on here too.

Thanks too for the drink that made my eyes work a double speed at JF last year. I think it was called Mountain Dew? If I ever drink that again, that will be sure to remind me of you!

Ryan
24-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Hey Eric - all the best for the future, enjoyed the times we chatted together. Hope all goes well for you back in the USA.

Ryan

miller
24-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Best of luck for the future Eric! Dont be a stranger!

Now where am i gonna get more Mountain Dew!

Mrs B
24-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Eric, best of luck.

Keep in touch with us and let CVR4 know how you're getting on :D

/grouphug

Atik
24-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Farewell Eric. Gutted to hear Ariadne will not be up and running in your care, but hopefully the new owners will do her proud.

Been good having you on here and to see you at the Club meets. I'm sure we will still see you around online, albeit at unGodly hours of the night :p

Good luck matey and all the best :)
Atik and Selina

Spirit
24-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Best of luck in the future Eric, don't be a stranger on here !

elnevio
25-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Good luck Eric, it has been a real pleasure on the times I've met you - it's a shame that JapShow wasn't in its usual end of June slot, rather than July as it is this year (although I guess you would have been doing some packing!).

Are you taking your USDM Galant back to the States? I can't remember if you still have it or not!

Turbo_Steve
25-05-2010, 08:11 AM
You are officially the CVR4 ambassador stateside. I'm not sure whether this carries diplomatic immunity or not, but it certainly involves keeping your right foot down mid-corner.......even in the 'Stang :D

It's been a pleasure whenever I've met you, and always seems too brief, Eric. Maybe if we're lucky we'll see you again soon.

Don't stop logging in :)

Wodjno
25-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Hey Eric..
Hope all go's well with the move to your new base /yes

We had some good long chats that are proof that no matter which side of the Atlantic your from ? Blokes can babble on about a load of tosh for hours on end :D
As said above, hope u still log on from time to time and stay with a MITZY car of some form or another ..

Cheers for now.

Glenn

White Lightning
25-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Best of luck, Eric. I has been a pleasure to meet you. Make sure you stay in touch :thumbsup:

foxdie
25-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Didn't speak to you as much as I'd have liked but you were always friendly and a good laugh, and I'd hoped I'd get a chance to beat you on the 'pod after Ariadne kicked my arse :)

I hope your new life in Illy is prosperous :)

Eric
25-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for all the comments...

The USDM Galant is sold and the Mustang is coming back with me.

WildCards
25-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Best of luck fella, keep in touch.

Nutter_John
25-05-2010, 10:26 AM
good luck Eirc , hope the new base is a good move .

The Vee
25-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Wish you all the best Eric. Thanks for all your help with the EGR etc. Hope all works out well for you, keep all those 'stangs in check for me! Hope you can still find the time to drop in on here from time to time.

aboo
25-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Best of luck in the future Eric. Dont be a stranger.

Kieran
25-05-2010, 07:29 PM
All the best Eric! :) Remember that Mustang doesn't have AYC! ;)