PDA

View Full Version : got me a 25ST

krisby
17-08-2004, 09:35 AM
I've been a member for week now, and pulled my finger out today to get a new car. I was gonna get a VR4 but upon seeing the fuel figures decided against it, opted for a 1998 25ST instead, still got the 4WD though, the engine is sweet enough, and its only done 55000kms.

I got the one with the LCD touch screen, but its in japanese so not the easiest use, plus the satnav and TV don't work, and does not have a CD player. However it is fairly easy to navigate the screen for the A/C and radio/casette functions.

Will get a new cd player installed though which will not use the LCD display for radio tuning or equalizer fiddling.

Its only got the factory 15" alloys, so will have a look around for some nice 17" items methinks.

I will post a photo in the next couple of days. It has the tints too but obviously not the VR4 kit, the front spoiler looks ok, though the rear bumper is a regular bumper, not a low diffuser, and does not have any cut outs for the exhaust, and from what I can tell the exhaust is standard though there is a bolt on end piece on the tailpipe, looks a bit naff so might change the back box at some stage.

Anyway, I'm a happy chappy, it quick enough, and as its main purpose will be for work it should be reliable for a while yet too, whilst providing me with driving pleasure.

nick-f1
17-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Hiya Krisby, nice one on the purchase shame its not a vr4. But needs must.... I dont use mine for work so the fuel costs are a little bit more bearable, and fuel here in England is loads more expensive than in NZ!
Anyway welcome and enjoy, post some piccies soon

regards

Nick

KiwiTT
17-08-2004, 11:19 PM
:welcome: Krisby

Hope you enjoy it. 4WD drive was my number one reason for selecting the VR-4. I am glad it is available other Galant/Legnums as well. As this maks the car so much safer albeit a little heavier. Also if you are moving to 17" consider this Tyre Calculator (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3031&highlight=calculator) so you don't effect the diameter to much. Also consider putting on Goodyear Eagle F1s (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3643)

krisby
18-08-2004, 08:40 AM
had some 16s put on instead, they look nice, got them and second hand yokohamas for $1000. Will put a few thousand ks on them then when my business earns some money get some spanking new rubber.