PDA

View Full Version : fmic 600x300

ddarynpene
26-05-2010, 11:20 AM
hi people, for the last two hours iv been fitting a 600x300x76 fmic

just finished looks great, man some things were a mish, lol
just a few questions for anybody whom has done this diy before,

1, my bumper was a b***h to get back on, (the two screws on the guard on ea side)
finally got them on tho, now the bumper doesent look nice and flaired?? (the bit of the bumper in front of the wheels)

2, the bonnet wouldent close like it use too, need an elephant to sit on it for it to close properly.... do these have adj latches or have i bent something?? if so im thinking the strat up and down piece from latch to radiator support thingy..

iv done a fmic on my 97 leggy lastyear wich was an eaz!!! my current car is yr 2000
and i did notice a few things difrent but no majors or anything..

um any help would be great or even point me in the right direction to get these fixed, thanx ppl!!:coat :stars:

swinks
26-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Check on Glenn's thread (WODJNO), FMIC will fit nicely, but front crash bar needs a bit "adjustement".

ddarynpene
26-05-2010, 10:04 PM
ok thanks, iv actualy fitted the inforcement bar without having to mod it,

for my 1st question i belive iv mounted the cooler a bit lower than i should have,
will just hack away at the bottom of the bumper should stop the bow look, lol

VR4WGN
27-05-2010, 12:45 PM
take it off and start again.. dont hack a perfect factory bumper please!! these cars are beautifulll when not hacked and stock look is retained... try getting a 560X250X65 next time,theyr the best fitment imo

ddarynpene
27-05-2010, 10:19 PM
done fixed and no hacking!!!! i mounted it higher, and iv spaced the latch too, awesome!

Wodjno
27-05-2010, 10:26 PM
done fixed and no hacking!!!! i mounted it higher, and iv spaced the latch too, awesome!
Well done that man /yes

Wodj