PDA

View Full Version : cant understand error codes or fix problem

taupodrifta
28-05-2010, 01:58 AM
I know this has probably been covered but for the life of me I cant work out whats causing my problems. As of about 2 weeks ago my abs light would do its usaul check when car started then goes out as it should then when I start driving it comes back on then after about 10-15 meters of driving goes off and stays off til the next time I start my car. I took it out just before and now its coming on and off but when car warms up you don't see it at all. I have run the fault codes and I get 24 from engine check light which is vehicle speed sensor and I get 13,14,21,22,32,33 and 52 from the ABS Light can anyone please shed any light Ime gonna go do a ECU reset now and then pull the codes again without driving it so I can see what is logged in the ECU memory and whats new when I drive it. Please please help as this is driving me crazy and obviously something is up with the light coming on more and more frequently

taupodrifta
28-05-2010, 02:15 AM
right I have done an ECU reset and it has cleared the fault from the check engine light but still getting 13,14,21,22,32,33 and 52 from the ABS light

mattnz
28-05-2010, 02:18 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45151

taupodrifta
28-05-2010, 02:34 AM
yeah i have read that post I have pulled my codes before and these codes have been there for a while but never caused the abs light to come on while driving that only started about 2 weeks ago and those codes have been coming up preety much since i got the car

taupodrifta
28-05-2010, 02:52 AM
I am still trying to get my head around the electrics in these cars. Thanks to the wonderful brain of our great friend quinton we have sorted the problem. Helps if all the tyre pressure are equal lmao

taupodrifta
31-05-2010, 02:39 AM
right well pumped all tyres up to even pressure but abs light still coming on when you first start driving. Anyone got any other suggestions I can try or look into that may be causing this problem

mattnz
31-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Given that there are errors from all corners, I would imagine that something is unplugged.

taupodrifta
31-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Its only started doing it about 2 weeks ago and nothing has been touched ie unplugged or anything. Do you reckon jack it up check all the abs sensor plugs etc and maybe plug that goes into abs ecu

mattnz
31-05-2010, 05:31 AM
I'm probably not the one to be asking, checking the sensors might be a good start though.

I would find imagine it is electrical, with all the wheel sensors and the G-sensor suddenly playing up.

wintertidenz
31-05-2010, 05:48 AM
How old is the battery, and is the alternator charging OK?

ABS/ASC/TCL/AYC is very sensitive to battery voltage, anything wrong with the battery will cause them to start playing up.

taupodrifta
04-06-2010, 02:51 AM
battery is only about 6 months old but will check alternator voltage

taupodrifta
04-06-2010, 04:55 AM
just checked battery and alternator voltages and they are all normal. This is starting to really annoy me. Where is the ABS ECU situated so I can check the plug on it?

wintertidenz
04-06-2010, 06:01 AM
There's one behind the glovebox, to the side - that's the AYC one. ABS is in the engine bay, box with brake lines coming out of it - will be silver from memory and on the passenger's side up near the bonnet hinges.

taupodrifta
04-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Took the car for a drive on a empty road so I could speed up at slam on the brakes. My ABS is still working fine no wheels locked up and could feel the ABS working so it has me stumped even more!!!

taupodrifta
06-06-2010, 11:44 PM
just started the car up and noticed if you rev it ABS light comes on then goes out and doesnt come back on again. Anyone got any suggestions please please before I send it into the shop

taupodrifta
08-06-2010, 05:21 AM
right took the car out today and noticed the light is coming on when I turn left. I have checked all connections, brake fluid, battery and alternator voltages, power steering fluid, ayc fluid all with no avail. tThe ABS works just bringing up that light can anyone please shed some light on my next avenue to look at??? Could it possibly be my AYC on its way out???

taupodrifta
11-06-2010, 05:10 AM
bump anyone please????