PDA

View Full Version : Floor mats

JTG
30-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Hi, first of all, I have done a search on this subject, but can't find anything 100% conclusive and certainly nothing recent.

Am I right in thinking that normal 96-03 Galant mats will not fit my facelift auto VR-4? If so, any idea where I can get a tailored set? Not surprisingly I don't fancy forking out the £90 for a set of CVR4 ones, as much as I'd love a set. Do Mitsi still sell them? Anywhere else? eBay don't seem to have any tailored for the VR-4.

Thanks!

Kryton
30-05-2010, 12:35 AM
The only ones Mitsi sell are the standard Galant ones, or Ralliart ones that are about the same, if not slightly more than the CVR4 ones (from memory). The '96-03' ones will fit in without sliding about but the drivers footwell on the vr4 is slightly smaller. I have a set of these in mine if you want to try them. Mitsi still sell these & they are about £20 +vat

e5dcb
20-03-2011, 07:52 PM
As op been looking around and can`t find alot of info so rather than post another post just posted on here.

Has anyone bought any from ebay? to fit a Galant Estate?
Club items are abit too much for me.

Kryton
20-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I have some tatty ones here that you can have for free. They are naff but at least they will keep your carpet clean til some come up on eBay. The ones in the shop are for vr4 so the one for the drivers footwell will be too small

e5dcb
20-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Cheers for the offer Chris. We do have mats in there now just some cheap rubber items but are after some nice fitted ones. Loads on ebay but just wondered if anyone recomends any on there.

Nick Mann
20-03-2011, 10:47 PM
As Chris said, the VR4 mats are a different shape to UK Galants. The floor shape is different to accomodate the propshaft, so the mats are a slightly different shape where they fit against the transmission tunnel.

Ebay jobbies will probably be fine for your car, Daz.