PDA

View Full Version : Brake "Bells"??!?

Jimbo
18-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm getting new discs for my front 6-pots as the current ones have worn below their threshold thickness of 27mm, and these discs are stooopid prices too (£210 each inc VAT). Thing is though, the garage are telling me that in all likelyhood I'll also need new (mounting?) bells as well, and these'll be about £80 each.

What the heck are they and is it normal to replace them with the discs? The garage haven't seen the car, they just recommend this approach. So, is this normal, or am I getting scr@~ed? :sad3:

enigma
18-08-2004, 06:10 PM
with you monster brakes you will likely have 2 piece discs, not sure you will need bells as well. Have a search and see what you can find.

Look at Disc Brakes Australia website as they will give an idea of bell longevity.

Jimbo
18-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Look at Disc Brakes Australia website as they will give an idea of bell longevity.

Cheers Dave, I'll take a look.

Found a lot of stuff on AP's site, but the bu88ers won't let me search by part no...

I do now know that my current discs are "Radiused Drilled" too, and I even understand what that meant.....there's hope for me yet!