PDA

View Full Version : NZ Membership Gift

Kenneth
31-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone

Thanks to all those who continue to support Club VR-4 by being members. It really does make a difference. Without you would could not afford decent hosting!

We are looking for ideas (and if someone has contacts etc) for a new membership and or renewal gift.

We are running (if not already out) low on key rings so it is time to re-stock.

Best Regards
Club VR-4 Committee - NZ

djb160
31-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Keep the keyrings coz they're cool looking but I've been told they loose there colours, paint or something. What about trying to find a keyring that doubles as a bottle opener.

Hi power keyring LED flashlights

maori_by_nature
31-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I think the cost my start to get up there if we go with the LED light and or the bottle opener unless you know someone.

What about the trying to get some key rings like the ones we used to get from the UK or mabey club stickers again???

Kenneth
31-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I think we still have club stickers.

We could look into more key rings if people are keen. The bottle opener ones are not that expensive I don't think.

VR4WGN
31-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Ken What about the Centre console thingy i did?? i can supply them for you guys? or is it too big? more of a long term membership gift tho id say.. i can do anything ,just ask or throw ideas at me ok
~Q~

Goku
01-06-2010, 01:27 AM
I like the normal keyrings we have now, they just need to have a better protective layer on them to stop the Club VR-4 logo scratching off.

Q; What centre console thingy did you make up ?

I'm guessing it would only fit 8G VR-4's ?

VR4WGN
01-06-2010, 04:13 AM
itll fit all legnums and galants bud...as this is a 8g mainly club rite???,
heres the link to the console unit i did

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46504&page=7

Goku
01-06-2010, 04:32 AM
True, but there are still a few members with 7g's, so it wouldn't be prudent to make something for the 8g only as a membership item.
However you could offer it as an optional item for members renewing for their fifth year and offer something else for members who wouldn't use or have no use for it.

Adam.Findlay
01-06-2010, 04:38 AM
yeah that is cool, i like it but i can see it wouldnt be to everyones taste, and yeah it is a 8g forum but maby a few options could be presented and you can choose on renewal or something??

djb160
01-06-2010, 05:30 AM
What about a selection of posters to choose from for renewals? Trawl through high quality images of Vr4s for say a dozen of the best ones.

Ryan
01-06-2010, 06:50 AM
What about a selection of posters to choose from for renewals? Trawl through high quality images of Vr4s for say a dozen of the best ones.

I think that's a pretty cool idea! :thumbsup:

sodge
01-06-2010, 06:50 AM
I think a branded bottle opener key ring is a good idea. But as mentioned it would be good if it has a better protective layer so it doesn't scratch off. I've had one for a year now and its pretty much all scratched off. So I was glad to see I got another one when renewing the other day :)

bradc
01-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I reckon Dale has a good idea

djb160
01-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I reckon Dale has a good idea

It's been known to happen from time to time. Then again, I really need my own "that completely went over my head" smiley as well

Kenneth
01-06-2010, 07:49 AM
hmm, unfortunately posters would break the budget due to the postage costs :(

maori_by_nature
01-06-2010, 07:56 AM
hmm, unfortunately posters would break the budget due to the postage costs :(

mabey not.... MABEY.... my dads the national manager for roadstar and hes got contacts in nz/courier post as thats where his last position was. I can ask what the chances are for free/discount freight is. I think it would also depend on how much is being sent...

djb160
01-06-2010, 07:56 AM
How much is postage? Can't hurt to ask if people would be willing to pay that themselves

maori_by_nature
01-06-2010, 07:59 AM
depends on size and weight of package

Kenneth
01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I think it is 50-100 per year

We have enough trouble with people paying $30, let alone the extra $5 or so to post a poster. We can't afford to subsidise it at this stage as we are only JUST getting in enough to cover yearly hosting fees.

If you then say you have a choice, then you start getting into the realms of someone doing a LOT of extra work to keep people satisfied. Which gift, if a poster, which one, what if they don't like the range, could this picture be made into a poster... etc. Richard (Onboost!) MIGHT be willing to do that, I don't know...

In saying that, if posters are what people really want, we might as well look into it :P

djb160
01-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I realise I'm not I'm not still a member and might not count in this, but even I would pay $5 for a decent poster to be posted to me. If Richard was willing to put in the extra effort even a choice from the best 6 images we can find would keep peaople potentially sorted for renewal gifts for a few years.

Subaru ETA
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
as said above - things like posters and Q's centre console would break the bank and be a pain in the arse to ship.

personally i think things like pens and key rings are more suitable as they can be sent with a 50c stamp.

just my 2 cents

VR4WGN
01-06-2010, 11:27 PM
maby a glass style ring then with the cvr4 lasered in the centre of it?

VR4 MAD
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Agree with these thoughts.

as said above - things like posters and Q's centre console would break the bank and be a pain in the arse to ship.

personally i think things like pens and key rings are more suitable as they can be sent with a 50c stamp.

just my 2 cents

I've always appreciated the thought behind the little gift that comes with the renewal but I've now got quite a collection of key rings and as I only use one, the appeal of more just isn't there anymore............. :shocked:

We need to have a look at companies that make and supply corporate 'freebie' stuff like coffee mugs with logos on, pens with logos etc and see what they can do for us. They make a wide range of stuff and are well aware that free gifts can't always be expensive.

My suggestion for the gift is a licence holder with the CVR4 logo embossed into it. Just a idea................:bananadan

/toycar

Subaru ETA
02-06-2010, 01:55 AM
just a thought - my work (and a lot of other companies) give away USB flash drives with the company logo on them. they double as a key ring too.

Subaru ETA
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
a quick google search brought this site up

http://www.promoshop.co.nz/category.php?value=03

scroll down to th edifferent usb drives. they also do a whole heap of other stuff

wintertidenz
02-06-2010, 02:31 AM
The lanyards might be a good idea as well.

How about the USB drive idea, but load a heap of CVR4 footage on there for people?

scott.mohekey
02-06-2010, 02:39 AM
How about the USB drive idea, but load a heap of CVR4 footage on there for people?

And the pdf workshop manual etc.

wintertidenz
02-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Heck, even a nice mouse pad would rock.

I can enquire through Vista Print as my parents order stuff through them, and occasionally they have free business cards etc that you can order.

Kenneth
02-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Some good ideas

I like the idea of USB drives and Lanyards. Obviously the major concern is cost...

Anyone volunteering to look into it all? If not, ill do it but my moving house does take priority at present sorry.

djb160
02-06-2010, 05:55 AM
I'd like some CVR4 cookies please yum!

Mouse pad would be cool though

maori_by_nature
02-06-2010, 06:49 AM
i like the lanyards idea but the clip on them has to be strong i've broke so many cheap ones

VR4WGN
02-06-2010, 09:18 AM
second the lanyard too...

Subaru ETA
02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I'll look into it. Obviously the more we buy the cheaper it would be. Ken can you pm me the sort of numbers I should be looking at

Adam.Findlay
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
usb with workshop manual loaded on will be the bee's knees.
always handy to have.
thats my vote

VR4 MAD
02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Some really good ideas for the gifts here................/notworthy

As to how many to order, I would hope we only get enough to give all existing members, assuming, optimistically, that they will all renew, plus a few extras for any new members. Obviously we need to order enough of whatever the gift is, to make it economic to produce/purchase though.

I do hope though, we don't end up in the situation we have been in up till now, that is getting the same gift, year after year. It would be nice to be able to vary the gift from one years renewal to next renewal.

But don't get me wrong, I appreciate the key ring gifts we have got previously, but there are only so many keyrings, USB drives or lanyards a person needs or can use................/duh

My 2cents worth.

/toycar

djb160
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
What about getting some CVR4 cards made up an giving a few to each renewal. So people like me can stick them under other peoples windscreen wipers. A kind "come join the CVR4 crew" sort of thing, only not so lame as that.

ianturbo
02-06-2010, 11:02 PM
i would like a NZ club vr4 window sticker ??/Hissy /Hissy
ian

Goku
02-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Yea. I did hit up one of the admins about getting a good clean image so i can get some cards made. I should remind them actually lol.
As for lanyards, yea thats cool but most people have a few already. I have like 50 or so and just don't use them.
However it is a good cheap gift for the club to offer.

Subaru ETA
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
i have been a paid member since 2006 and i never got a keyring....

Subaru ETA
03-06-2010, 12:24 AM
looked up a few places - laynards are a 1000 min order and USB's are 250.... could be a fail

maori_by_nature
03-06-2010, 07:27 AM
admin should see if something can be worked out with cvr4 england in that we send half to them of what ever... just another thought

Kenneth
03-06-2010, 07:35 AM
does that include any branding etc?

Once we have some idea on figures, we can go to the UK and see if they want to get some as well :)