PDA

View Full Version : Fto Mpg

psbarham
31-05-2010, 10:31 PM
The missus is after a new motor and has clapped eyes on an fto and now wants one /help

Now i know a few of you have owned these in the past, so I was wondering what sort of mpg you were getting for day to day driving?

Pastor of Muppets
31-05-2010, 10:34 PM
i have a mate with an fto ill check in the am
but it is definately a girls car!!! or a hairdresser (who cant afford a tt)

Pastor of Muppets
31-05-2010, 10:36 PM
just been told that on the 2.0l mivec you are looking at 35mpg tops on a long journey or 30 on average combined!
dont get the imperial red one though they look silly!!

Turbo_Steve
31-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Now why does a 6A13TT conversion suddenly come to mind?

Or, inline with the mpg comments...for some reason a certain 2.4GDI...?

Kryton
31-05-2010, 10:57 PM
You should be able to get a steady 25 easily. Go for the GP version R / GP version R Aero. Avoid the GR as they are shocking as standard (180 bph as no mivec) no alloys & no spoiler. Obviously, most now have these fited but GPX aint any more expensive & comes wuth 200bhp & other parts as standard. Facelifted late 1997 so front bumper gains individual side lights & indicators & auto gets a 5 speed invecs II box (I think, def 5 speed though)?!

lancerevo3
31-05-2010, 11:50 PM
You should be able to get a steady 25 easily. Go for the GP version R / GP version R Aero. Avoid the GR as they are shocking as standard (

gr is far from shocking had a manual one for a while there by no means a slouch,1.8 is bad though
their nice to drive pitty about the rear end as front looks sweet

Kryton
31-05-2010, 11:57 PM
gr is far from shocking had a manual one for a while there by no means a slouch,1.8 is bad though
their nice to drive pitty about the rear end as front looks sweet

I suppose its because it was an auto GR I drove & for these you could really do with the extra HP. Never been in a 1.8 one but I could imagine it to be a little bit sluggish

lancerevo3
01-06-2010, 12:21 AM
I suppose its because it was an auto GR I drove & for these you could really do with the extra HP. Never been in a 1.8 one but I could imagine it to be a little bit sluggish
wouldnt pull the socks off a dead man apparently

VR4WGN
01-06-2010, 01:12 AM
well i must be doin sumthin wrong as my gpx 2ltr mivec fto engine in my legnum is getting a massive 200km per tank.. beat that!!!!

vr4 is better on economy..
but i think i have a sensor faulty and mivec dont kick in fully yet

lancerevo3
01-06-2010, 01:25 AM
but i think i have a sensor faulty
or a big hole in the tank/haz

VR4WGN
01-06-2010, 04:09 AM
lol,hmmmm was thinking that too,lol

wintertidenz
01-06-2010, 04:57 AM
I think you have something seriously wrong with your MIVEC wiring Q...

Eurospec
01-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah will see about 30mpg from both versions.

IMO the one to buy is a GR manual. The tip is a bit slugish.

The mivec does have more power at the top end, but you have to rinse it to get it out. Torque between the models is very similar, except on the GR it drops off higher up due to the lack of the mivec cam.

I tend to reccomend the GR over the mivec since the engine is that bit tougher and it terms of real world useable performance, there is buttons in it.

On our dyno i have seen Mivecs range from 160bhp (pretty fubar'd) right up to 221 bhp with all the bits on it and in good condition. Average is 186 for all mivecs.

Cheers,

Ben.

psbarham
01-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Cheers for that guys, great info.

On the basis of that though she has decided no, for what she uses it for she might as well carry on kerbing oops i mean using the legnum :lipseal :toilet:

hey ho the search continues

Ghost_2008
01-06-2010, 08:05 PM
My better half is currently driving a non-mivec GR FTO, it's an auto, four speed..... It's got a HKS air filter , mongoos exhaust, ralliart wheels, springs and shocks.........

It's not what I would call sluggish, it handles very very well and returns 25-30 mpg around town, mainly short journeys........... it's gear box is very convenient and offers the best of both worlds being tip tronic........... it's very stable at speed and the v6 sings.........

They are a lovely car, as long as you find a nice clean example, dont expect a rocket ship but there is always pull to be had..........