PDA

View Full Version : wear and tear damage or something more sinister?

karr1981
01-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi Guys,

i decided to take the car out today, weather the last week or so has been crazy (boiling hot one minute, huge hailstones the next and everything in between)

I was opening the drivers door and notice dome damage id not seen before (pics below)

Has anyone seen this sort of damage before, is it common? just a sign of weathering / brittling of the material causing it to break (maybe when the windows are opening or closing?) or is it something sinister?

I just ask as I noticed its quite near to where the door handle is, so just wanted to make sure it isn't a sign that someone's tried to force something down behind the door panel (to break in?) i don't even know if that's possible but you never know so thought id ask, anyhoo here's the pics :-), either way, is this something that can be eaisly fixed (i assume replaced) as it looks crap hehe and now my cars got another years MOT I'm keen to sort some of the issues with it (dents, paintwork etc) if my financial situation ever improves hehehe

Atik
01-06-2010, 04:14 PM
I have a couple of dents like that on my car! Cant think how they'd happen though. Dont think its anything sinister though as its just a flappy rubber seal.

karr1981
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
cool, i was pretty sure it had just got brittle and bits snapped off, but wanted to make sure hehe

Atik
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Yup, thinking it just got a couple of heavy finger dints while cleaning or something like that.

CANDEE
01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Hailstones will do that.. My old leggie was like that, and my other half's civic has about 10 per door.. :(

karr1981
13-06-2010, 02:38 AM
how easy would it be to replace the rubber, where would I source replacements?

elnevio
13-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I have a couple of those. The plastic gets a little brittle so breaks easier. If you've had pin dents removed from the car, some of the tools used can do this. I think that might be what caused mine!

az1310
18-06-2010, 11:48 AM
looks like someone tried to steal it.

funkstardelux
18-06-2010, 05:33 PM
looks like someone tried to steal it.

i agree

i noticed a cut in mine a few weeks ago ..stanley knife trying to slide soemthing into the locking mech.