PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seats

2DZIRE
20-08-2004, 02:55 AM
Hi All,

Got a couple of quick questions for ya'll in regards to fitting aftermarket seats

I noticed when pulling off the original rails of my original seats that rails arent as simple as I thought they'd be. The rails are actually bracketed to the seat on both sides, meaning that to remove the rails you will basically need to destroy the original seats.

What I wanna ask is has anyone put aftermarket seats in their Legnums/Galants and if so how did you go about it?

Second question, I have noticed a few Legnums with factor style Recaro interior which by looking at a few pictures have different rails but are still factory mitsubishi rails. Anyone got a Legnum with recaro interior that I could have a look at.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

ShadyNZer
21-08-2004, 06:40 AM
totally off topic but but are u the dude on trademe that just sold the retrimmed red and white seats??? im guessing u are coz it had ur username stitched into the seats or something....
if so where did u get them done and for how much???
cheers (soz for being off topic, id answer if i knew :D)

2DZIRE
22-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey bro, thats all good I managed to get the seats mounted to the original rails.
Yeah that was me selling the retrimmed seats on Trademe.
If you want to get yours retrimmed, drop me a PM and I will give you the guys contact number.

bluefox
25-08-2004, 02:48 AM
What sort of seats did you fit??? Did you have to damage the factory ones at all to get them off the rails???Wasit a particularly hard job because U ahve been looking at doing it too.

OSiRiS
14-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I got standard Recaro trim in my Super VR4 if anyone wants to come and have a look at how it all fits together?

Pics here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101308#post101308