PDA

View Full Version : Urgent ATF needed

Kryton
03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I know everyone recommends Amsoil but my car is in bits & I need some today. As I intend on changing it again in a couple of months (when I have more time) with Amsoil, I just need some cheap & quickly. The only stuff I can find locally, in stock is Comma, Miller & Valvoline which are SP3 grade. Has anyone used any of these & are they ok? I can get some Dia Queen from Mitsi but I refuse to pay £10 per litre for something that will be changed again within a few hundred miles!

PS sorry for asking yet another ATF question but can't find any mention of the Miller or Comma, only mention Amsoil, Hyundai & Mitsi SP3 & to avoid Dextron

elnevio
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
All three of those are SP-III-compliant? Do you have any links?

swinks
03-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Millers Millermatic SPIII atf (can get one from OpieOils) is OK. Used the same stuff by few Polish owners and feedback is spot-on.

Kryton
03-06-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.valvoline.com/products/brands/maxlife/automatic-transmission-fluid/37

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60226-millers-oils-millermatic-atf-sp-iii.aspx

Looks like the Comma isn't SP3 but Dextron 3, but here are links for the other two. Also, just been on the Opie Oils site & I seem to remember seeing somewhere Motul on the shelf so might be able to get this today also

JTG
03-06-2010, 01:16 PM
The Valvoline was reasonably priced was it not? Also did state on the back Mitsi Diamond Queen SP II and III compliant, among others......

Kryton
03-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Yep, 20ltrs for £103 inc vat but just seeing if anyone has used it before to make sure before I buy. Even though it will get replaced again soon, I don't want to cause any issues with my box / diff

elnevio
03-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Sure it will be fine as the SP-III box has been ticked! :)

amsoil
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM
This Valvolne is SPII/III compatable. It was hard to find in the UK and expensive considering its not a full synthetic. ie £7 more gets a club member 10L of full synthetic Amsoil; but not same day delivery, just next day. Best we can do I'm afraid