PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Hose

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Does anybody know what total length and diameters of Vacuum hose i require to replace all the OE Vacuum Hose ?

And yes i have searched :sigh:

Cheers

Wodj

VR4Kaos
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
ive just bought a 3meter of samco off fleabay think its bout 2 meters too much so will sort you some out f.o.c. if you want in red btw

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 02:48 PM
ive just bought a 3meter of samco off fleabay think its bout 2 meters too much so will sort you some out f.o.c. if you want in red btw

We only need a Meter ?? Bloody hell :rolleyes4

I was gonna go for Red /yes Contrast to the Blue Paintwork and match the Red of the brace and engine cover :)

That's be :thumbsup: If you could spare a bit /yes /woot2 /Steeringw

Cheers

Wodj

VR4Kaos
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
cool no problem mate but don't quote me on actual length will let you know probly have some spare new clips aswell again don't quote me was hoping for em to arrive today but not arrived to better be tommo may have some spare water ones to if you are intrested again don't quote me but bought 3 meters of that too want it installed for the BIG "R.R." day...

Turbo_Steve
07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Only a metre? REALLY?

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
cool no problem mate but don't quote me on actual length will let you know probly have some spare new clips aswell again don't quote me was hoping for em to arrive today but not arrived to better be tommo may have some spare water ones to if you are intrested again don't quote me but bought 3 meters of that too want it installed for the BIG "R.R." day...

Well that was my next question as i am doing the same as u.. Sorting out all the old naff piping before the RR day.. I was gonna order 5 m lenth of Vac Hose :whistle:

And Water Hose i don't know either ? :whistle:

What dimension is the VacHose you got and the Water ?

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Only a metre? REALLY?

Any Advances on a metre ??

To tell u the truth i never looked and added it all up :huh2:

Maybe i should :idea2:

But thought some else may have done it already :D

swinks
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, mine vacuum hoses have eaten 2 meters easily. Maybe due to ebc relocated to battery area.
I used 4mm ID hose. Sits tight enough. Stock little spring clamps may be bit loose, so ordered also pack of 4mm same clamps.
Vacuum hoses 6mm ID seems to me bit loose, but I leave it to you own choice.
IIRC, water hose from cap to overflow tank is 8mm ID.

VR4Kaos
07-06-2010, 04:37 PM
ive followed Swinks advice mate see in this thread
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49392&highlight=hoses