PDA

View Full Version : Emanage Ultimate Hesitaion on Throttle On

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49490&highlight=ecu

Issue as above and also when on move when going from steady throttle to throttle on :(

Standard MAF still installed..

To Be Continued :upsidedow Gotta go Pick kids up from school :smash:

Back :D

This is a Screen Shot..

From hitting the throttle it takes 0.22 ses before the inj pulse.. In which time it goes from 14.6% throttle to 21.9% throttle, revs drop from 650rpm to 570rpm before they strt to rise.. AFR go's from 14.6 AFR at idle upto 16.2 AFR at 21.9% throttle.. Then after that point everthing go's back to how it should /yes
It also does the same as this if ur cruising and then dump the throttle :/

jinglis
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
im following this thread with interest as i have a e managed ultimate which basically does the same thing but i havnt had it mapped got rid of the maf and have the iat in the manifold. also havnt got any intercooler piping or exhuast past the downpipes

jinglis
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM
mine does this but like i said on the other thread i got rid of the maf have the iat sensor in the manifold and its not mapped and have no intercooler piping on and exhuast past the downpipes

Gowf
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
You've got no intercooler piping, are you just running turbos straight to the inlet?

Surely you would need to have a map there though if you were to remove the MAF as how else would it now how to fuel for MAP?

Turbo_Steve
07-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Wodj - what dumpvalve are you using?

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Wodj - what dumpvalve are you using?

Standard Steve.. If i take the EMU out it doesn't do it :anxious:

Turbo_Steve
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Hmm...ok, just wanted to rule that out - ECU is already very sensitive to dumpvalve - multiplying the problem with an EMU can only make it worse.

It sounds like the EMU is overreacting to throttle changes - I assume it's wired into the TPS - is there a "throttle enrichment" setting? If so it may need backing down a bit (a lot). Presumably you can see your AFRs suddenly going rich?

Alternatively, if throttle enrichment is too lean, and the EMU is pulling fuel out when you touch the pedal, it'll run hot and hesitate horribly - I'd expect a light sparkle of det if your throttle transition takes you immediately into a positive boost region, though, unless your timing is very conservative.

I assume you're on the standard injectors and fuel pressure?

Nick Mann
07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Mr. Gareth, I think you may have missed the fact that jinglis has an FTO which is equipped with most of a 6A13TT. I'm assuming that there are a few bits of finishing off to do!

Wodjno
07-06-2010, 10:42 PM
It's not actually doing either Steve ?!?

It's doing nothing at all for 0.22 secs.. TPS shows voltage rising.. Revs stay constant.. Air Flow gets higher.. AFR gets leaner.. But the injectors don't budge for 0.22 secs..

Yep standard FPR(for a day or 2 anyway)

Standard Injectors

Not a chance of any boost at that point :(

And No MAPS installed into EMU..Just base car settings..

Mark suggested that maybe i have the TPS Set up wrong.. I'll take a look in the daylight /yes

The Vee
08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
So in old money a flat spot caused by the accelerator pump not working (thinking downdraught Webbers etc!)
With this one sounds like Steve may be on to something with the way the EMU handles enrichening when th throttle is depressed

apeman69
08-06-2010, 04:21 AM
is there a "throttle enrichment" setting? If so it may need backing down a bit (a lot).
Is there some sort of parameters/settings menu or screen and does acceleration enrichment need to be enabled as such? Perhaps there's the flexibility to use it or not and therefore an 'on/off' switch.
I have no idea because I've never seen one of these or the interface.

Turbo_Steve
08-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Hmm...it does sound like it's not responding to TPS voltage for some reason, Wodj: you should definitely see some enrichment when you hit the loud pedal.

TPS Scaling value?

jinglis
08-06-2010, 02:26 PM
mines does exactly the same, emu wired in no adjustments made. and i can see the tps value on the emu increase as soon as i touch the throttle?

jinglis
08-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Mr. Gareth, I think you may have missed the fact that jinglis has an FTO which is equipped with most of a 6A13TT. I'm assuming that there are a few bits of finishing off to do!

bang on the money, its getting the pipework finished off hopefully this week.

the emu has a function that allows you to remove the maf and add a map and because its already programed for use with the 6a13tt engine all the scaling is done

Wodjno
08-06-2010, 02:35 PM
mines does exactly the same, emu wired in no adjustments made. and i can see the tps value on the emu increase as soon as i touch the throttle?

How much time before in duty cycle changes ?
The quicker I dump the throttle, the smaller the hesitation..

Wodjno
08-06-2010, 02:55 PM
its already programed for use with the 6a13tt engine all the scaling is done

Well it's specific to 6A13, not 6A13TT ...

But wouldn't have thought that would cause an issue.. ?

The Vee
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
How much time before in duty cycle changes ?
The quicker I dump the throttle, the smaller the hesitation..

Interesting, maybe if you adjust the tps to the higher end of the voltage range it may respond quicker in the EMU

Turbo_Steve
08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Interesting, maybe if you adjust the tps to the higher end of the voltage range it may respond quicker in the EMU Sounds like a mechanical fix to an electronic problem :D It'll work, but you're going to start compromising your TPS range, I would have thought?

Is there a TPS scale modifier on the EMU? Whilst it may be setup for a 6A13, it has no idea what size throttle butterfly is fitted - so if the diameter of the TT throttlebody is different, the amount of enrichment required will be different.

Perhaps more importantly, the engine has a lower compression ratio and larger runnels and different cam duration and lift, so potentially can breathe in a lot more air for a small throttle change.

I'd definitely be looking at the TPS scale, and at the enrichment value - IIRC it's a percentage on the EMU, isn't it?

elysium
30-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Do you have the GReddy INJECTOR ADAPTER 3 option wired to the injectors? Because on the GReddy catalog, our cars (EC5A/EC5W 6A13) needs to have the Injector Adapter 3 option (GReddy part number 15901507) installed.

One way to check for sure is to wire the injectors directly (just like stock) and disable INJECTOR ADJUSTMENT MAP, and then see if the problem persists. If the problem disappears, then you probably need to install the Adapter as above.

scientist
31-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Post your Config + Log files lets have a look at it. Also reduce the logged items to TPS, RPM, AFR, INJ In + Inj OUT duty cycle, Airflow in + airflow out, Ignition timing.

Could also be the E-manage is reducing airflow to the ECU on the quick stab.

Are you tuning vs HZ/PSI or vs TPS?