PDA

View Full Version : Sard R2D2 adjustment

Mark 4
07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I've got the aforementioned dump valve but have never adjusted it. Can anyone tell me whereabouts I should set it to ?

apeman69
08-06-2010, 04:41 AM
It should be adjusted so that it doesn't open when idling.
If you don't have any problem of e.g. stalling when idling then it will be OK.
I never adjusted mine after fitting so I guess it didn't need it and was set appropriately from the factory.
Mine will go for a good few seconds if I leave my foot off the accelerator which is totally different to the Blitz and Bailey ones I've had on other cars. I think they can be adjusted so that they're a bit tighter and the noise is a little shorter and sharper though I like being able to keep mine going for a good 3-4 seconds of reducing volume. I find it quite intoxicating and addictive. :dizzy2:

Mark 4
08-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Well mine does exactly the same so I guess it is set OK. Might have a little play with it though, just to see if it makes any difference.

MPBVr4
08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Well mine does exactly the same so I guess it is set OK. Might have a little play with it though, just to see if it makes any difference.

I had an adjustable GFB Hybrid FX on my old VR4. If the spring was set to hard it jolted badly when coming off/on the gas

apeman69
08-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Let us know your findings. Been meaning to do this but haven't got round to it.