PDA

View Full Version : Polybushes (urethane) upgrade suspension - anyone?

swinks
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi!
I'd like to let you know folks, that members of PL forum Mitsubishi had finished project of total upgrade to Galant n/a suspension. As I'm aware that there are lots of similarities, but here we go:
1. Total set of urethane inserts cost 800 PLN (which is nowadays circa 185 GBP)
2. Average cost of one insert is 30 PLN (6.50 GBP)
3. All inserts were made as custom order from Mitsumaniac members, and cast forms were preserved for future orders.
4. Urethane inserts were made here:
http://www.poliuretan.olkusz.pl/index_eng.html

I'm seriously interested in placing order for set of front inserts and maybe rear arb bushes, need to check what is the difference between rear of VR4 and Galant n/a.
Anyone more interested?

5. Pictures of ready to go set:

Wodjno
09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow that sounds like I firming good offer /yes
Have u any reports from anyone who has already used them ?
Obviously there Longevity is the main concern /yes

Cheers

Wodj

swinks
09-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Not yet Glenn. Full set (prototype) was done and delivered on last Friday. Pictures are from Monday, and as soon as I got any reports I'll post here.
All project is based on experience from 3kGT upgrade and apparently tracking after upgrade was hell a lot of better - stiffer, accurate, stable on corners, but all comfort was compromised.

Wodjno
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Not yet Glenn. Full set (prototype) was done and delivered on last Friday. Pictures are from Monday, and as soon as I got any reports I'll post here.
All project is based on experience from 3kGT upgrade and apparently tracking after upgrade was hell a lot of better - stiffer, accurate, stable on corners, but all comfort was compromised.

Well if they work well on the 3000gt then can't see why they won't on VR4 ..
Do you know how long 3000gt owners have been using them ?

So are you saying comfort was not so good ? Not that mines that comfy on Tein HA's /Steeringw

How many bushes in complete set ?

Wodj

swinks
09-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Full set on 3000GT is used for more than year. Owner is saying that before his 3kGT was "sailing" round corners, now you can actually steer one. :happy:
Defo, comfort is the one thing you can forget, but with stiff coilovers, shocks, springs don't think there would be a difference.
Overall, full set for Galant n/a contains 30 pieces.
I think this set will do ours.

Wodjno
09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Full set on 3000GT is used for more than year. Owner is saying that before his 3kGT was "sailing" round corners, now you can actually steer one. :happy:
Defo, comfort is the one thing you can forget, but with stiff coilovers, shocks, springs don't think there would be a difference.
Overall, full set for Galant n/a contains 30 pieces.
I think this set will do ours.

Would good if they will fit /yes

So let me get this right! 30 pieces = £85GBP ??

Kieran
09-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Having polybushed Hermes, I HIGHLY recommend you get them done... The improvement is quite incredble. Just feels so much more 'planted'.

swinks
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Would good if they will fit /yes

So let me get this right! 30 pieces = £85GBP ??

Ooops, I did misprint. I meant 185 GBP for total. Price in Polish currency is right. Still think that's a bargain.

That price exclude shipping, so I have cunning plan (voice of Baldrick):
I'm going on 12th Aug to PL and will be back on 9th Sept. Then we can order as a grup buy few sets for delivery my Polish address and I can bring whole treasure back to UK on beginning September for no special cost.

So, already we have feedback from wiseman K that polybushes will do only good for our VR4s, and we need hear from him if there's any significant differences between vr4 and n/a rear suspension. Well, otherwise we can order just front end at 1/2 price methinks.

Wodjno
09-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Count me in then /yes

For Half or Full :D

Davezj
09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi Tomas

here is another option for you, did you know you can get a total poly kit from energy suspension that will fit the VR4 and that is adding on the antiroll bar bushes as well, for $200 USD plus duty and vat if you get picked on.

£138 plus Taxes

£178.36 delivered to your door. but you might not get charged Duty and Vat if you are lucky.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/cart.asp

and for multiple sets the shipping does not rise very much, so over all the shipping drops a lot.

Kieran
09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
So, already we have feedback from wiseman K that polybushes will do only good for our VR4s, and we need hear from him if there's any significant differences between vr4 and n/a rear suspension. Well, otherwise we can order just front end at 1/2 price methinks.

As I recall, the bushings at the front are all the same. At the rear, the toe control arm on a VR-4 uses a 'floating' bushing, whereas on the V6 it's solid and the eye is slightly longer.

The other thing to note - My bushing kit was the Energy Suspension kit, and it didn't provide bushings for the rear toe control arm, the ARB mounting bushes or the rear lateral lower arm (the other arm that bolts to the rear subframe)... So your kit is better value! :)

Oh - And the VR-4 has 20mm Front and 22mm Rear (I think) Anti Roll bars. I know it's 20 and 22, can't remember which way round! The early V6 n/a models are 18 and 20. The later n/a cars (the ones that have cast subframes, not pressed steel ones) use the same thickness ARBs as the VR-4.

swinks
10-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks Kieran. Quite important info.
IIRC the prototype set is based on EA2A model, but I need to check which year (pfl or fl).
OK, few phone calls next :happy:

swinks
25-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Right, update news.

Not much, but after several chats over phone, I did request full quotation for that possible order:
1. Front:
- urethane inserts for elements: 40330 (L and R) and 40320 (L and R) - see attached graphics
2. Rear:
- urethane inserts for elements: 41309 (L and R) and hub carrier marked by green arrow. See attached graphic
3. ARB bushes F and R 20 and 22mm diameter.

I didn't request more due to my confusion over cross reference with Galant n/a (rear end), and didn't want to order wrong bushes.
But if you have any suggestion, please feel free.

Adam.Findlay
27-06-2010, 03:37 AM
hmm taylor and i have been trying to track down a set of suspention urathane bushings, are you trying to organise a group buy maby??

scc
27-06-2010, 10:19 AM
So will these bushes give me a tight and planted feel to the ride?

And how can I check if my current ones are perished?

Cheers,
scc

swinks
27-06-2010, 10:59 AM
hmm taylor and i have been trying to track down a set of suspention urathane bushings, are you trying to organise a group buy maby??

Maybe in a future. At the moment I'm waiting for full quotation. Then I'll buy set and check how it fits mine VR4.
They are producing suspension sets for different vehicles, but Mitsubishi Galant wasn't in their offer.
Recently they did prototype set for Galant n/a (EA2A, 2.0), and they haven't got one yet in offer. So they promised me to check possible costs which gonna take them up to week.

swinks
27-06-2010, 11:01 AM
So will these bushes give me a tight and planted feel to the ride?
Yes, much better handling.

And how can I check if my current ones are perished?

I bet your current ones did not perished yet...:party2: Maybe just arb bushes.

smitty31
27-06-2010, 06:39 PM
You can count me in for these.
Do you think this could cure the susceptibility to cross winds on the Galant/Legnum, or am i just talking sh@#.

I was going to get custom made bushings, would probably be more expensive than that, so i am 100% in for this.

swinks
27-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Well guys... hold on...don't get excited too much.
I'm still waiting for quote. As said in first post here, they usually price 30 PLN per insert which is nowadays 6.50 GBP. And that was price for set for Galant n/a.
So I expect it's going to be 20 inserts in my order x 6.50 GBP plus p&p.
All depends how quick they response for my mail. Then we can think about organizing any group buy.

Due to handling. I have no experience whatsoever, just got few opinions that handling improves quite much.
I think that Kieran may share some light, because he did use polybushes.

swinks
28-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Update!

Got quotation for:
Front (6 poly insterts) and Rear (6 poly inserts) plus 4 arb ploybushes. Total is 124 GBP.
Apparently they didn't quote me for rear element 41309. Just rear knuckle marked by green arrow on picture.

Well, I sent them another enquiry for full price of set as below pictures (marked in green circles) and potential group buy:

Adam.Findlay
28-06-2010, 10:59 AM
well if the price is right and shippings not to much, is it ok if you get a set or 2 sent here to nz

swinks
29-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Time for update.

Well after further chat.
There's no possible to have polyurethane inserts to lower curved arm pictured below. Due to difference in shape (insert with metal bar) they require to have full element in situ because they're fitting one themselves.

They can offer only inserts to lower lateral arm.

At the moment we are talking about set of 18 bushes + 4 arbs for price 800 PLN (162 GBP). Still negotiating possible discount for group buy.

smitty31
29-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I am getting all excited.

smitty31
29-06-2010, 05:55 PM
When it comes to it, how do we pay for it, and does it get delivered to our homes, or will it be a central location.
(i know it might sound a bit stupid)/duh

Cheers

Mark

swinks
29-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Nope, it's not a stupid question /yes

Well, got finally all question answered.
So..., potential group buy would involved purchase of following polyurethane inserts:
1. Front - 2 inserts for lower lateral arm (total 4)
2. Rear - 6 insetrs as in picture below circled in green (total 12)
ARB bushes - total 4

Price 800 PLN or 720 PLN (if we got 5+ orders), which now is 162 GBP or 148 GBP. UK price depends on exchange rate which now is quite good.

Seller will not ship goods overseas, hence I'm doing this, because I'm going to Poland o 12th August and I'll be back in UK on 8th September, and I can bring back ordered sets.

I need to close list until 31 July 2010 and have all orders paid to me before 4th August to process group buy via my polish bank account. Once I got money, I'll put order and will got inserts sent to my address in PL. Then I'll bring them to UK on beginning of September and send you via Royal Mail (shipping costs within UK).

Hope it's clear.

Adam.Findlay
30-06-2010, 10:51 AM
right well i hope to have the money by then so ill keep an eye out for a group buy thread

chris g
30-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I saw new thread - created yesterday...!

smitty31
01-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Hiya,
I will get the money to you before then.

Cheers