PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

VR4WGN
10-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey guys a question for the techs please

on a customers car we are noticing a vibration between 80-100kms under load not major but there..
I have changed engine mount but m suspecting it's driveshaft relate tho.

Pleas excuse my bad typing but I'm using my iPod.
It's a 2001 vr4 tip legnum

mattnz
10-06-2010, 09:18 AM
This is better typing than usual :P

elnevio
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
This is better typing than usual :P
:iagree: Yes, please use your iPod more often for posting!! :D:P

Anyway, starting points for me would be gearbox ATF condition or CV joint.

Nick Mann
10-06-2010, 09:28 AM
If under high load, driveshaft. If under light/medium load, gearbox.

crazydriver81
10-06-2010, 10:06 AM
my first bet would be the gearbox / gearbox oil

Have you tried to drive this speed in different gears? So you can chek with low load and high load...

bradc
10-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd check different gears as well and see if it is the same in different gears.

wintertidenz
10-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Checked the wheel alignment/balance?

VR4WGN
11-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Well I'll keep using my pod then
only noticeable in 4th gear at 80km.
I thought it'd be worse if the car produced more torque but unsure.
Iv changed mounts so exclude them.
Does anyone recommend a order of checklist on what to start with etc??
I apreciate the help guys

denise
12-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Im no teckie but when i first bought my leggie i had the same problem and soon after my tcl light started to come on once this was happening, and only go off once i switched the car off. i took it and got the wheels rebalanced. When this was done the problem went away temporarly. Soon it was back and the amount of lead on my wheels was rediculous! I then took it to a honda mechanic who i trust and he put it up on the lift (with me in!) and got me do put the car in drive. Long story short, the tyres were warped due to being poor quality, and once the car was fitted with new khumos the problem went away, with no further wobbling or tcl light. Hope that helps.

Twingoman
10-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi there ;)

i have the same prob @ my leggie ... the shafts will be in good condition after replace parts of it. my workshop said that will not be the prob. now i have replaced all lower suspension arms (4) .. and now the vibration is still there but not so hard then bevor.
I also think that will be out off the engine (the vibration) cause @2500-3500 or 4000 rpm the engine dont feels well ... it dont feels good ... but i dont know if that is normal! .... got the car now for 2 months and im really tired about it!

Did u still got the prob at the car @VR4WGN???

i need help ... but i got no workshop who knows my car, cause im in germany here and a bit alone with it ...