PDA

View Full Version : cruise control fitting

vr4drifta
11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
i have a uk galant v6 manual with cruise control. i want transfer the cruise control to my vr4 is it possible has anyone done it does anyone know how. any help would be appreciated.

Wodjno
11-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Well i know a universal kit has been fitted to a VR4.. And The Vee has a working Cruise Control on his VR2 /Hmmm
So he originally had Cruise on his V6, then when he did the VR4 transplant it was not working. But now it is up and running on the VR2..
Not sure if he had to fit the V6 Throttle body to the VR4 intake to make it work though..

Sure he will be along soon to put all my babbling straight /yes

Cheers

Wodj

The Vee
11-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Yes, V6 TB fitted. It does work, but a little slow to react. If I recall correctly the ecu is missing a pin that the V6 ecu has got. Also the elbow that is on the VR4 is a VERY tight fit in the V6 TB and may well indeed split. The other thing to watch is the gasket from TB to plenum - they're different and you'll need the V6 one. Also, you may find you'll need to change the lower chamber on the TB as the water hose connections are different. For the amount I use C/C I maybe wouldn't have bothered!! Also if yours is a VR4 proper - youl need to swap over C/C ecu, wiring and Vacuum generator.

vr4drifta
11-06-2010, 11:49 AM
thanx i wont be bothering i can live with out it.

swinks
12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
IIRC, there was attempt to group buy of universal one set based on electric signals from tranny.
IMO, easier to fit, no need to play with vacuum hoses.

GalantOnly
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I did that. Manual V6 cruise on auto VR4. Working perfectly...

Wiring was a hell of a job. And fitting the VR4 elbow on V6 throttle too.../yes

Anderz
13-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Know it's an old thread did'n want to start a new one

Have thought of installing an aftermarket cruise control using the OEM cruise switch from a NA V6
Looking at the schematics looks like the OEM switch only use 2 cables, connecting a different resistor inline for each function, anyone know?
If that's correct it will be difficult to get it to work with an aftermarket cruise