PDA

View Full Version : help wanted on replacing a bov

Oggie
13-06-2010, 12:49 PM
hey guys a lil noobish on this so here goes ..

i am replacing my crappy racepro bov with a Super Sequential Bov.

now can someone tell me what on earth Blanking Plug size size i will be needing?

some simple help is all I am asking

thanks.

Wodjno
13-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Did u try entering "BOV Blanking Plug" into search /Hmmm

Oggie
13-06-2010, 02:54 PM
after i saw that using the search function on here wasnt always the best feature.. I decided to ask :)

thanks anyways.

Wodjno
13-06-2010, 05:02 PM
try it anyway.. it works perfectly /yes

Oggie
14-06-2010, 06:31 AM
try it anyway.. it works perfectly /yes

ya know what???

the more i loook into replacing my racepro bov the more i am gettign swamped by what is and is not needed...

anyone know what i NEED minimum to swap over?

i am being asked about flanges and adaptors etc.. i am so lost and dismayed.

going from a racepro bov to a HKS SSQV .

what is needed?

mattnz
14-06-2010, 08:02 AM
If your current BOV is VTA, then you can use the blanking plug that you already have. Should be a straight replacement as long as you've got the right size adapters on the new BOV.

VTA does mess up your fuel economy and affect the running though. In my experience recirculating it makes a nice enough sound with a free-flowing filter.

Oggie
14-06-2010, 08:28 AM
If your current BOV is VTA, then you can use the blanking plug that you already have. Should be a straight replacement as long as you've got the right size adapters on the new BOV.

VTA does mess up your fuel economy and affect the running though. In my experience recirculating it makes a nice enough sound with a free-flowing filter.

yes ventign to air and has a nice trumpet on the bov.

mattnz
14-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I prefer the more subtle sound of it venting through the filter, and am also not willing to pay for the extra fuel :> But each to their own.

In that case, you should already have a blanking plug. Just use that. As long as you got the right size adapters on the valve itself, it should be <5 minute job.

Oggie
16-06-2010, 05:00 AM
I prefer the more subtle sound of it venting through the filter, and am also not willing to pay for the extra fuel :> But each to their own.

In that case, you should already have a blanking plug. Just use that. As long as you got the right size adapters on the valve itself, it should be <5 minute job.

I been asked what size adaptor i need lol.

i been told its either 25m or 19mm... on that alone i dont wish to guess.

mattnz
16-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Hmm, I have a feeling it's a 33mm inlet and outlet. Best would be to take off your one and measure.

Edit: Actually, seeing as mine is in a box behind me, I can confirm you want 33mm.

Oggie
16-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Hmm, I have a feeling it's a 33mm inlet and outlet. Best would be to take off your one and measure.

Edit: Actually, seeing as mine is in a box behind me, I can confirm you want 33mm.

thank you so much... you saved me a very wet lay down on some mighty cold concrete..

/Banana