PDA

View Full Version : Taken by suprise !!

SGHOM
22-08-2004, 07:35 PM
We had a fantastic drive through the country roads on Dunfries & Galloway on saturday !!! [ cheers guys ! ]

We went through some traffic lights................ turned right.................. & then suddenly !!! the car in front of me was gone ! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5
OK !! the race is on ! I had my nitrous switched on, & I was playing catchy uppy ! :laugh:
I could see A V6 in front of me getting away around a sweeping, uphill left hand bend. So I nailed it, & tried to catch up :lipsrseal
Can I take It you scottish guys have been around that bend before ?? you could have warned me !!

It just goes on & on, & gets tighter & tighter !! :$ I had [ I think ] all 3 lights on, & the bend just went on & on.
Then I commited the cardinal sin !!............... I backed off :rolleyes5 :$
The next thing I knew, the car sort of "bunny hopped" on to the other side of the road, & the rear end got a bit of a twitch on !! :uhoh2:

you might think the ferrari driver sh&t himself !!! I did too :$
anyway.......... a bit more power applied, at a slightly slower speed, saw me round the corner.
I was a bit more careful after that !! :$

craig-1
22-08-2004, 07:43 PM
We had a fantastic drive through the country roads on Dunfries & Galloway on saturday !!! [ cheers guys ! ]

We went through some traffic lights................ turned right.................. & then suddenly !!! the car in front of me was gone ! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5
OK !! the race is on ! I had my nitrous switched on, & I was playing catchy uppy ! :laugh:
I could see A V6 in front of me getting away around a sweeping, uphill left hand bend. So I nailed it, & tried to catch up :lipsrseal
Can I take It you scottish guys have been around that bend before ?? you could have warned me !!

It just goes on & on, & gets tighter & tighter !! :$ I had [ I think ] all 3 lights on, & the bend just went on & on.
Then I commited the cardinal sin !!............... I backed off :rolleyes5 :$
The next thing I knew, the car sort of "bunny hopped" on to the other side of the road, & the rear end got a bit of a twitch on !! :uhoh2:

you might think the ferrari driver sh&t himself !!! I did too :$
anyway.......... a bit more power applied, at a slightly slower speed, saw me round the corner.
I was a bit more careful after that !! :$

i think that was me in the slinky red number mate

enigma
22-08-2004, 07:53 PM
You think you had problems, try it with no power steering! The wheel nearly got wrenched out of my hands!

I must remember that for better effect I have to hold it tighter :$

SGHOM
22-08-2004, 07:56 PM
It sure was Craig !!! 'twas me who made the error on the corner. :$
I've been told many times to "trust the car" but on that occasion I bottled it !! :$ & the last thing you should do is back off, but I did :$

By the way ?? how's your kids necks ?? still got the burn marks from the seat belts !!! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 god, that corner was fast !! :$ :$

craig-1
22-08-2004, 08:09 PM
It sure was Craig !!! 'twas me who made the error on the corner. :$
I've been told many times to "trust the car" but on that occasion I bottled it !! :$ & the last thing you should do is back off, but I did :$

By the way ?? how's your kids necks ?? still got the burn marks from the seat belts !!! :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 god, that corner was fast !! :$ :$

yeah theyve been busy telling all there mates about it all, and thanks again 4 a great day (everyone included) :thumb1: :smoking: :stars: