PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Guys

BraindG
21-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Had a bit of a problem with the database.. and lost the last 50 users! I managed to save most of the problem.. however loosing some of the users was the best i was able to do..

I hope ive not pissed off to many people :eek:

Lessons have been learnt - and preventative precautions are now in place to prevent this from ever happening again..

once again im sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Barry

p.s. you might also notice loads of unread messages, this is on of the things i was unable to rectify...

p.p.s if you notice anything else strange, please contact me ASAP!

BraindG
21-06-2003, 05:07 PM
oh, and im sure most of you have already read most of the posts.. so just enter forum, and hit the link "mark this forum read" INSERT INTO post VALUES (top right under post new thread)

im jsut going through them.. SORRY!

BraindG
21-06-2003, 05:17 PM
or even easier, go to new posts, and at the bottom theres a link, "mark all forums read" ...

:Cry1:

gonna go off and cry somewhere now :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Brind
21-06-2003, 05:33 PM
I noticed I couldn't get into the forum part at first..
Everything seems fine as far as I'm aware, just unread posts, oh and 50 odd mising members!:D

No probs :thumb:

Pescha
21-06-2003, 10:13 PM
I found everything ok with my profile and logging in etc. The only weird thing I found is I have lost about 50 to 60 posts under my name! :confused:

I hope this helps:Ponder:

Cheers,
Pescha!

BraindG
21-06-2003, 10:42 PM
if anyone else wants their post count corrected give me a shout.. :gram:

landy
21-06-2003, 10:53 PM
everything seems ok, the only strange thing is i'm sure i upgraded to 'member':cool1: last night INSERT INTO post VALUES ( 20/6/03 ) but now i'm 'junior' again.

INSERT INTO post VALUES ( although i did drink 2 cans of tennent's super last night, so i'm not so sure myself now ):p

no worry's anyway:D :D

BraindG, don't worry you're doing a great job

landy
21-06-2003, 10:55 PM
ooh, ooh i just noticed in 'member' again :cool1:

Spirit
22-06-2003, 12:30 AM
Just testing

Roadrunner
22-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Can appreciate the problems you've experienced, Barry. Very well done for getting it sorted and back online in such a short time! Only thing I've noticed is I've lost about 30 posts under my username, but still identified as an old git! ;) so no worries.

Brian

the_boy
22-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Well I have to say I'm a bit gutted about losing my post count. I think I had approx 1500, can one of the admins please amend my stats :D

Working in the IT area I know all about database corruption etc. It can be heart breaking, nice to know you managed to salvage most of it though.

Well done fella :cool1: