PDA

View Full Version : VR4 test track

enigma
22-08-2004, 08:49 PM
My fave picture from the weekend :D

SGHOM
22-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Apart from our Scottish Friends, how often do you have a motorway to your selves eh ?? that was so cool !! :-b :-b great pics Dave !!

Big Ian
22-08-2004, 09:41 PM
;) i'm still lovin that picture Dave.....but not as much as the picture on the face of the driver in the 328 :laugh: :laugh:

also have you noticed in the picture above?
look's rather fitting
lane 1.....2.0 GLS (meant to be slowest 8G!,what do you think Kieran?)
lane 2......V6-24 ( middle of the range!)
lane 3.......VR4 (top dog)

KiwiTT
22-08-2004, 10:43 PM
lane 3.......VR4 (top dog)

I like that. However, it's sounds like the lessor cars did not disappoint.

Kieran
23-08-2004, 07:58 AM
I like that. However, it's sounds like the lessor cars did not disappoint.

Spot on there! Both my V6 and Ian's GLS were punching above their weight! Ian's GLS really took me by surprise... The Manual GLS is considerably faster than my old auto GLS, and with the mods he's done, it's quite an effective weapon of BMW destruction! :-b

...And Derek made my day when we pulled into a service area and said he wanted a word with me!... :lipsrseal :-b :-b

SGHOM
23-08-2004, 09:44 PM
...And Derek made my day when we pulled into a service area and said he wanted a word with me!... :lipsrseal :-b :-b
The manual 2.5 V6 sport is no match for a VR4 !! :laugh: :laugh:

WANNA BET ?? :embarasse
When we set off in hot pursuit of the GTR, I was in the middle lane & Kieran the outside, but someway behind. When I saw Kieran open hordak up, I also hit the loud pedal !! :-b
Even though he had a rolling start on me, I fully expected my 333bhp to surge away from the pursuing sport !! did I ??? ................... did I 'eckers like !! :embarasse

Hordak matched me stride for stride [ almost ] I was mightily impressed, If a little bit miffed also !! :rolleyes:

When we go to Trax next month, just be a little wary of a gingernut in a sport !! :laugh:

Big Ian
24-08-2004, 11:44 PM
on the test track..

ritch_w
25-08-2004, 10:36 AM
looks like you boys had some excellent fun!!! :D

craig & i had a good blast up the A713(?) ayr road (rather than the route we came down) and had some fun getting past the sunday drivers who were let out a day early!!!

nice twisty road, thought i wasnt going to get round a few corners (going too fast :-D ) and when overtaking a line of slow cars - thought i was in tip mode but was in drive - went to hit it up agear and went in to neutral at 80 and 7500rpm!!! :$

Big Ian
26-08-2004, 12:52 PM
one to look back on :D.......