PDA

View Full Version : MegaSquirt Stand alone ECU

Mr.Salas
15-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Dudes , what do you guys think about this Stand alone system?
its cheap to buy hehe, and pretty easy to install and tune and eliminates the MAF.

Gowf
15-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Megasquirt are cheap, and cheap for a reason. Its a bit like buying lego as youve got to build the thing yourself. From what i remember the software is pretty pants, but if as a true budget standalone they may be ok.

Is this combined with megajolt, or is that still a separate system?

Mr.Salas
15-06-2010, 09:05 PM
No idea,
just there's a dude on the island selling them at a good price. And some of the evo guys are using it here with no problem.

Turbo_Steve
15-06-2010, 10:22 PM
They're available pre-constructed, which is an interesting proposition.

I have to confess, though, I've considered these a number of times. What I generally found is that whilst the ECU itself is cheap, you need to change sensors, or spend a LOT of time fapping around with the software trying to calibrate the ones you've got.

I think they're fantastic if you really REALLY know what you're doing and have a lot of patience. And possibly a spare car.

ninjadaniel
15-07-2010, 03:13 AM
they are amazing, i bought mine preconstructed and tuned it all myself. PM me if you want any more detail. Mine runs smoother than stock computer

Turbo_Steve
15-07-2010, 07:56 AM
IF you've got one on a VR4 then please please spill the beans as to what was involved - why keep it to yourself?

Is yours manual or auto?

Wodjno
15-07-2010, 08:15 AM
IF you've got one on a VR4 then please please spill the beans as to what was involved - why keep it to yourself?

Is yours manual or auto?

He's not keeping it to himself :o And that was in his 1st post /yes He's offering anymore detail that is required /pan

Oh.. And Welcome to the Club NinjaDaniel :D