PDA

View Full Version : Question about Installing MMCS to Non-MMCS Galant

hayase
18-06-2010, 10:33 AM
*update

OK, so here's my MMCS (without wiring), the Unit Navi, Head Unit, CD-Changer, Touchscreen display and AC-Control
http://u.kaskus.us/5/dx2ticut.jpg

As pic above, I don't have the Bootable CD-ROM MR285494 with firmware. The Unit Navi indeed has the CD-ROM but I dunno if it's the same CD-ROM

And here's the Dash I bought, I realize I got some wiring but not sure if it's from Legnum or Galant, moreover I don't think it's quite complete enough to do the MMCS swap to my non-MMCS galant
http://u.kaskus.us/5/c3mvgdkr.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/i25izyjp.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/o6gzhya6.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/x2rbn2xd.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/grgo29g0.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/qcptyttu.jpg

so from what I can conclude so far :
1. Need to find the complete wiring loom for the MMCS Facelift, complete dash wiring loom (from passenger to driver side) from Galant VR-4
2. Dash Wiring Loom from NON-MMCS Galant VR-4 will be just fine, as long as I can find the complete MMCS wiring loom
3. ECU and Engine Wiring has almost nothing do with the MMCS so ECU and Engine Wiring from ANY VR-4 is just fine
4. MMCS wiring loom for Legnum is just fine as long as Dash Wiring Loom from Galant VR-4

please correct me if any statements above are wrong

hayase
19-06-2010, 02:49 AM
bump again

hayase
21-06-2010, 02:49 PM
bump, hope kieran or other mmcs brigade member can help me here

hayase
23-06-2010, 04:35 PM
bump again

hayase
24-06-2010, 07:37 PM
bump again

bradc
25-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Either no one knows or no one wants to help.

Become a paid up member.

Gly
25-06-2010, 10:32 AM
hows that gonna help?
only one who would have any idea would be kieran
and if he hasnt replied he most likely wont know,

mmc is pointless imo

Kieran
26-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Either no one knows or no one wants to help.

Become a paid up member.

I see someone's in a Charming mood again! /pan

Hayase... Sorry for not replying sooner. Here's what I can tell you:

1. Is there any different between MMCS from Legnum and MMCS from Galant ? Can I just use complete wiring and loom from Galant or I need to get it from Legnum ?

- The Legnum MMCS wiring loom (which runs down the passenger side of the car) is longer as the Navigation CD unit is further back. The system I fitted to my Legnum was taken from a Galant. It fitted, but I needed to re-locate the CD-ROM reader, and I needed to re-wire the speaker cables (the Galant loom had the rear speaker cable pins routed to the rear parcel shelf, not to the rear passenger door.

2. Since it has no wiring and loom, so that's mean I need to get complete body wiring and loom. So that's mean I have no option but to get those wiring and loom from VR-4 Halfcut ?

- That's what I had to do, I got the complete wiring from the passenger side and replaced the lot. It was much easier than cutting/splicing and soldering.

3. I heard TV Tuner MZ605131 TU8790, Special unit MZ608396 SNX-V11, Bootable Cdrom MR285494 are optional so that means MMCS will work fine without it, but some tell me that the touch screen display won't work without TV-Tuner. Can any1 confirm this ?

I didn't have the TV Tuner either and the touch screen display worked fine. Obviously you can't get TV though.

4. The most important things is, I don't need it to run in full function. My objectives are only to make sure AirCon and Head Unit can run properly (including the display at touch screen). Can any1 give any idea for it ?

Errr - not sure what you're asking here. But fitting the system with the complete loom from a donor car should give you the functions you want. That's what I had.

5. I'm planning to change the stock HU that come from MMCS(to Alpine CDA 9887). Is there any difficulties to do it ?

The Stock head unit does affect the display on the touchscreen. You don't NEED the stock head unit, but it's easier to operate the MMCS with it there. Without it, you loose the touchscreen controls for the radio & CD. You're left with just Navigation and Aircon.

hayase
26-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I see someone's in a Charming mood again! /pan

Hayase... Sorry for not replying sooner. Here's what I can tell you:

1. The Legnum MMCS wiring loom (which runs down the passenger side of the car) is longer as the Navigation CD unit is further back. The system I fitted to my Legnum was taken from a Galant. It fitted, but I needed to re-locate the CD-ROM reader, and I needed to re-wire the speaker cables (the Galant loom had the rear speaker cable pins routed to the rear parcel shelf, not to the rear passenger door.

so from it I can conclude :
1. The MMCS part can be used in both Legnum and Galant, the difference is just the wiring loom
2. I can use wiring from legnum but it will need a lot of work to make it work at Galant
3. Best bet is I combine MMCS that taken from Legnum with complete body wiring from Galant
please correct me if I'm wrong

2. That's what I had to do, I got the complete wiring from the passenger side and replaced the lot. It was much easier than cutting/splicing and soldering.

well as I said above, the best bet is combine the MMCS from Legnum with body wiring from Galant. How about using stand alone ECU for wiring ? Is it possible

3. I didn't have the TV Tuner either and the touch screen display worked fine. Obviously you can't get TV though.

So basically I need to find the Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 or else the MMCS can't be at function. The seller told me that he can run his MMCS without Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 though. Can u confirm if it's possible to run the MMCS without it ?

4. Errr - not sure what you're asking here. But fitting the system with the complete loom from a donor car should give you the functions you want. That's what I had.

I mean I just want the Air-Condition Control and Head Unit are working properly and showing at the touch screen display. That's all I want, though if it can be run at full function, I'll be pleased

5. The Stock head unit does affect the display on the touchscreen. You don't NEED the stock head unit, but it's easier to operate the MMCS with it there. Without it, you loose the touchscreen controls for the radio & CD. You're left with just Navigation and Aircon.

So basically MMCS only support and showing the head unit display for stock Head Unit which means if I change the Head Unit, the touchscreen control that will work are only Navigation and Aircon. Correct me if I'm wrong

6. Is there any difference in wiring and loom between MMCS facelift and pre-facelift ?

thank's kieran. I know now why people here refers u as MMCS brigade leader /lol

Kieran
26-06-2010, 03:24 PM
MMCS Brigade leader... /lol /lol /lol

1. The MMCS part can be used in both Legnum and Galant, the difference is just the wiring loom
2. I can use wiring from legnum but it will need a lot of work to make it work at Galant
3. Best bet is I combine MMCS that taken from Legnum with complete body wiring from Galant

That's right. If you are installing the MMCS into a Galant, you should use wiring from a galant to make it easier.

well as I said above, the best bet is combine the MMCS from Legnum with body wiring from Galant. How about using stand alone ECU for wiring ? Is it possible

I don't think it's possible to use a standalone ECU. As you say - best bet is to combine the MMCS with galant wiring.

So basically I need to find the Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 or else the MMCS can't be at function. The seller told me that he can run his MMCS without Bootable CD-Rom MR285494 though. Can u confirm if it's possible to run the MMCS without it ?

Without the CD, I could get the aircon touch-screen controls to work, but nothing else. Some VR4 owners who have cars with MMCS say that nothing works at all without the CD. So get the bootable CD-Rom if you can. There are a few members on here that could probably help you out with a copy if you need it.

I mean I just want the Air-Condition Control and Head Unit are working properly and showing at the touch screen display. That's all I want, though if it can be run at full function, I'll be pleased

- Then yes, with just the screen, the headunit and the CD-rom unit (and wiring!) you will get those functions. :)

So basically MMCS only support and showing the head unit display for stock Head Unit which means if I change the Head Unit, the touchscreen control that will work are only Navigation and Aircon. Correct me if I'm wrong

That's correct.

6. Is there any difference in wiring and loom between MMCS facelift and pre-facelift?

I am not sure. I originally fitted a facelift MMCS to my car. The screen failed, and I had a spare MMCS screen which was pre-facelift. That worked fine. However, I never tried the pre-facelift headunit or CD-ROM box. They could be different, I'm not sure.

hayase
26-06-2010, 04:27 PM
MMCS Brigade leader... /lol /lol /lol

That's right. If you are installing the MMCS into a Galant, you should use wiring from a galant to make it easier.

I don't think it's possible to use a standalone ECU. As you say - best bet is to combine the MMCS with galant wiring.

Without the CD, I could get the aircon touch-screen controls to work, but nothing else. Some VR4 owners who have cars with MMCS say that nothing works at all without the CD. So get the bootable CD-Rom if you can. There are a few members on here that could probably help you out with a copy if you need it.

- Then yes, with just the screen, the headunit and the CD-rom unit (and wiring!) you will get those functions. :)

That's correct.

6. Is there any difference in wiring and loom between MMCS facelift and pre-facelift?

I am not sure. I originally fitted a facelift MMCS to my car. The screen failed, and I had a spare MMCS screen which was pre-facelift. That worked fine. However, I never tried the pre-facelift headunit or CD-ROM box. They could be different, I'm not sure.

thanks a lot Kieran, so seems even if I'm using stand alone ECU, I still need the wiring from Galant VR-4 if I want the MMCS to be working. Gonna search for the CD-ROM, Body wiring from galant and MMCS complete wiring loom

hayase
05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
err I know that it's a simply idiotic question BUT

Do I need ECU from Galant VR-4 who got MMCS Facelift or ECU from Any VR-4 is just fine ?

as for the Body Wiring, Do I need body wiring from Galant VR-4 that has MMCS Facelift or any wiring from Galant VR-4 is just fine ?

Any MMCS brigade member or even the leader (kieran) can answer this ?

hayase
06-07-2010, 09:15 AM
bump again

hayase
06-07-2010, 12:19 PM
err I know that it's a simply idiotic question BUT

Do ECU has something to do with MMCS ?

If Yes, Do I need ECU from Galant VR-4 who got MMCS Facelift or ECU from Any VR-4 is just fine ?

as for the Body Wiring, Do I need body wiring from Galant VR-4 that has MMCS Facelift or any wiring from Galant VR-4 is just fine ?

I need answer to those question since I want to do MMCS swap to my Non-MMCS Galant

mike74
06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
ive no idea mate, my galoon doesn't have MMCS on it :(

Turbo_Steve
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
ECU has very very little to do with the MMCS system as far as I know.

Can I respectfully suggest that there is information regarding MMCS in the club library, which will become available to you if you sign up as a full member? :)

hayase
06-07-2010, 01:10 PM
ECU has very very little to do with the MMCS system as far as I know.

Can I respectfully suggest that there is information regarding MMCS in the club library, which will become available to you if you sign up as a full member? :)

thanks for that, Kinda worried if I need to get same ECU from Galant VR-4 that has MMCS on it

but after hearing your explanation, thinks your statement is true, since VR-G also has same MMCS (do they ?) with VR-4 but different engine

kinda worried since I don't use 6A13TT for my engine swap/pale

hayase
07-07-2010, 02:45 PM
*update

OK, so here's my MMCS Facelift (without wiring), the Unit Navi, Head Unit, CD-Changer, Touchscreen display and AC-Control
http://u.kaskus.us/5/dx2ticut.jpg

As pic above, I don't have the Bootable CD-ROM MR285494 with firmware. The Unit Navi indeed has the CD-ROM but I dunno if it's the same CD-ROM

And here's the Dash I bought, I realize I got some wiring but not sure if it's from Legnum or Galant, moreover I don't think it's quite complete enough to do the MMCS swap to my non-MMCS galant
http://u.kaskus.us/5/c3mvgdkr.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/i25izyjp.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/o6gzhya6.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/x2rbn2xd.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/grgo29g0.jpg
http://u.kaskus.us/5/qcptyttu.jpg

so from what I can conclude so far :
1. Need to find the complete wiring loom for the MMCS Facelift, complete dash wiring loom (from passenger to driver side) from Galant VR-4
2. Dash Wiring Loom from NON-MMCS Galant VR-4 will be just fine, as long as I can find the complete MMCS wiring loom
3. ECU and Engine Wiring has almost nothing do with the MMCS so ECU and Engine Wiring from ANY VR-4 is just fine
4. MMCS wiring loom for Legnum is just fine as long as Dash Wiring Loom from Galant VR-4

please correct me if any statements above are wrong

scott.mohekey
07-07-2010, 10:17 PM
The loom in that dash has nothing to do with MMCS.

hayase
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
The loom in that dash has nothing to do with MMCS.

what a disheartening answer ........, what's that wiring for then ?

regardless any suggestion will do, want to get as many sources and info as I can get to do this swap

scott.mohekey
08-07-2010, 10:22 AM
The loom in the dash there is for the passenger airbag, the hazard lights switch, the gauge cluster connectors, and the passenger and driver climate controls.

I've never seen an MMCS loom, so I'm not sure if its a part of the main loom behind the dash, or whether its separate. My guess is that you'll need the main loom from behind the dash, the passenger's side loom, and some loom at the back.

hayase
08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
The loom in the dash there is for the passenger airbag, the hazard lights switch, the gauge cluster connectors, and the passenger and driver climate controls.

I've never seen an MMCS loom, so I'm not sure if its a part of the main loom behind the dash, or whether its separate. My guess is that you'll need the main loom from behind the dash, the passenger's side loom, and some loom at the back.

thanks for it dude, so basically entire dash wiring loom is not enough eh ...

scott.mohekey
08-07-2010, 08:49 PM
That's correct. I know for a fact that cars without MMCS don't have any connectors in the boot for it.

hayase
09-07-2010, 12:54 AM
That's correct. I know for a fact that cars without MMCS don't have any connectors in the boot for it.

so my best bet is just to buy entire wiring from Half-cut Galant VR-4

but I'm still not sure if it's gonna work since most of Half-cut Galant VR-4 that being sell here are Non-MMCS Galant VR-4 /pale

scott.mohekey
09-07-2010, 01:06 AM
A half cut won't have everything you need.. you need pretty much the entire internal loom from an MMCS galant.

hayase
09-07-2010, 06:47 AM
A half cut won't have everything you need.. you need pretty much the entire internal loom from an MMCS galant.

err kinda lost right now

Do you got the pic of the internal loom from MMCS Galant ?

correct me if I got the wrong Idea but all I these things : entire dash wiring loom from Halfcut Galant VR-4 (Non-MMCS is fine) and complete MMCS wiring loom still won't make this swap succed :huh2:

just how can I get complete entire internal loom from MMCS Galant VR-4 is really such big question

thanks for the hint though :beerchug:

gosh, I really do any1 that succed the MMCS swap to share this things

where's Kieran just when I need him :whistle:

scott.mohekey
09-07-2010, 06:52 AM
You'll need the entire main loom (which is behind the dash), and whatever goes from there to the back of the car. I don't know if its a separate loom to the existing loom for the speakers, rear lights etc or whether its part of that. My guess would be that its a part of that loom, as I know Mitsubishi make different main looms depending on the options on the car (I have one legnum with side air bags that has a different main loom to another without side airbags).

hayase
09-07-2010, 06:55 AM
You'll need the entire main loom (which is behind the dash), and whatever goes from there to the back of the car. I don't know if its a separate loom to the existing loom for the speakers, rear lights etc or whether its part of that. My guess would be that its a part of that loom, as I know Mitsubishi make different main looms depending on the options on the car (I have one legnum with side air bags that has a different main loom to another without side airbags).

Gonna check my local mitsubishi if they can get those complete internal wiring loom from MMCS Galant VR-4 though I think the chance are much more lower than finding it here

any1 here succed MMCS swap other than Kieran ?

hayase
11-07-2010, 05:18 PM
*err so I kinda need some hint here

So I'm trying to get MMCS wiring from Galant 8G VR-4 Facelift version but My MMCS was from Legnum Facelift

I got the image that Wiring for MMCS Facelift version between Legnum PFL FL and Galant VR-4 PFL FL are all the same. The only difference between those Legnum PFL FL and the Galant PFL FL are the Dash Wiring Loom

as far as I can remember Kieran used MMCS swap from Galant to his Legnum and swap the Display from FL to PFL without any problem too

can any1 correct it ?

hayase
13-07-2010, 12:02 PM
need help from any1 that succeeded their MMCS swap :bump:

hayase
21-07-2010, 11:02 AM
*update

I've contact the rallyart at NZ and they have wiring harness that I need for my Galant

MR438993 ==> Wiring Harness Floor (from side to rear) for Galant VR-4 MMCS FL
MR445726 ==> Wiring Harness Instrument Panel for Galant VR-4 MMCS FL

that's the only difference between Galant FL and NON-MMCS Galant FL according to ASA (thanks a lot CANDEE). the rest are the same

the prob is they cost a lot

I reckon some here have wiring harness for Legnum MMCS FL since the differences between Galant MMCS FL and Legnum MMCS FL is just the Length of the wires

to make it shorter and simpler :
1. Is it possible to use Wiring Harness Floor and Wiring Harness Instrument Panel from Legnum MMCS FL
2. Do those 2 parts (MR438993, MR445726) already including wiring harness for MMCS FL on it ? CANDEE mentioned that his MMCS FL wiring harness integrated to those 2 parts so I think the wiring harness for MMCS FL should be already included

taylor
01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
If I read Kieran's post correctly, the only difference between galant and legnum looms are the wires that goto the speakers which are very easy to just ignore and run new ones. It is common to replace them with uprated cable, especially if you are running an amp.

As others have said dude sign up as a full member, as you can only expect to get so much from us members who have paid the price to support the club.

kevin1990
29-01-2012, 03:32 PM
hi,

i don't know if i post this on the right topic but i want te build a MMCS to my galant wagon
i read the posts above and i see that is not easy to do this because the wires are not the same
i want the climate control and if it's possible the navigation and my radio ( kenwood ) the radio on the touch screen
is this possible?

crazydriver81
29-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Honestly Kevin, don't think this is possible. MMCS is a fully integrated system, made for the jap market. Without reprogramming the MMCS main unit, you will not have a chance to make GPS work, nor displaying anything from the stereo on the screen. On top you don't have any card material for Europe. Sorry.

Maybe someone on here knows better, but this is my knowledge.

kevin1990
29-01-2012, 04:00 PM
but there are CD-ROMS with navigation cards for Europe
doesn't mind
i want to build the MMCS in my car and i hope that i can make it work that on the touch screen i can see my radio information
if i use the original radio i see information on the screen right?
i know some body here in holland that had the complete MMCS and i want to buy it from him if i can make it work in my car
only he doesn't have the plastic frame were the touch screen fit in...

kevin1990
10-03-2012, 09:44 AM
well my MMCS problem is that i want to get only the touch screen and climate control work... can somebody help me with this...
to many wires! :O