PDA

View Full Version : might have found a VR4

Pugme
18-06-2010, 07:07 PM
sorry if this is the wrong section :)

I signed up on here quite a while ago, because iv always wanted a legnum since the late 90's when my dad got one of the first v6 galants as a company car.

anyways long story short, i feel now is a good time as iv spotted this up on PH

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1756761.htm

Is this car known to this forum in anyway? is this a good price or about average, from what little i know the badge on the rear quarter panel means its a COTY. i will be putting down a deposit over the weekend so the guy will hold it till i have a free day to come up in the next fortnight (london to fife is a long way!)

any help wopuld be very appreciated and fingers crossed ill be a fully fledged member of Club VR4 if all goes well

elnevio
18-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Don't recognise the car, although there are a couple of COTYs for sale on here at the moment - but don't think there's a link. I thought it was a fresh import for a moment, but noticed it says 2 previous owners.

Having said that, it was registered in October 2008, so still fairly fresh. Worth checking that it has been undersealed.

I think that's a pretty good price for a COTY from a dealer! Although you usually get a better idea of history with a member's car.

chris_c201
18-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Just bought a vr4 coty myself.... Highly recommended.

Price wise it seems about average to me, key things to be asking though...

What is the mileage?
What service history is there?
How often has the oil, ayc oil etc and gearbox oil been changed?
Has the cambelt, tensioner etc been changed?

Make sure there are no funny noises from the rear diff and the ayc lights up when cornering hard etc...

I'm by no means an expert so someone will no doubt give a better write up...

P.s - do a few searches, lots of info on the forums...

Cheers,
Chris

elnevio
18-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes, good info from Chris there.

As for the oils - if they have been changed - what with? 'The right stuff' isn't a good enough answer!

Pugme
18-06-2010, 07:21 PM
mileage is 88k, the guy said it has a lot of jap history and uk history, i will definately check underneath for rot etc, as the guy was unsure when we spoke if it was undersealed.

cheers for the few tips to be looking out for :D

ill be having a look in the for sale section now too :) unfortunately my budget doesnt really stretch past the 2,5k barrier tho.

col1n
18-06-2010, 07:25 PM
its from the owners of mvm imports over in fife and they know nothing of these cars. take somebody with you when you go and view it and make sure the guy tells you what you want to here and also proves it cos theyre cowboys

elnevio
18-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Is he offering much warranty?

At least you'll have a cracking shakedown drive home! /rally

Pugme
18-06-2010, 07:46 PM
warranty, has not been spoke about i will ask him over the weekend.

i asked what the condition was and he says it runs fine etc, hmmm cowboys are they!! as in should not be dealt with or as in a bunch of idiots!! lol

iv just found a coty in the forsale on here which is about 5 miles from me! lol, so have posted to see if he can match the price of this one, and i may have another option over the 900 mile round trip! (diesel card and work van is so cool)

col1n
18-06-2010, 10:50 PM
cowboys as in COMPLETE idiots

rich77
19-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Avoid mate i had a friend pop and see this for me before i bought my vr4 from an old member on here, they had no clue what the car was had no details of oil type used or any more specific details , the ayc lights do not come on and it has the tappety noise and exhaust has seen better days as have the rear discs , but on the plus side bodywork is in nice nick and was told it did drive ok one tyre had a bulge in it too cant recall which one he said it was sorry , hope this helps anyway mate ..